News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 05:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 522
Total: 523

What changes will January bring

Started by newdawnrising, 08-01-24, 01:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newdawnrising

After last years January announcements of reduced management structures and full counters closures. We still have a scratch bakery. What will this January bring to stores. Really can not see how it can get any tighter. This Christmas has been one of the toughest in 30 years of working for the company. We are already only a twilight fill store with no lead team Amd a basic structure of team managers and shift leaders. So what next.........

Rumblerumble

What ever changes  if any, it wan't be management this time round, it br us workers

Tesworker

Definitely taking the Sunday and bank holiday premiums away for sure

jonty

londoner83

More stores to lose nights, main bank checkouts opening times restricted and losing premiums would be my guesses.

Also feel Admin, Wages and Cash Office tasks could be scaled back even more.

1982dave

It wouldn't supprise me with main bank tills I work in a extra and after say 7 pm there's 2 open sometimes one I went to a diff superstore on my day off on way back from somewhere and it was about 1830 and they had zero main bank open just 8 self serve tills ... it seems like the safest bet for stuff lost is going to be premiums Sunday esp and bank holidays the union will no doubt make a big song and dance about our aparent amazing payrise but it will b give with one hand take with the other ...

kaled78

some stores still have team leaders running the checkouts,I would not be surprised if those job roles go,and get replaced with normal ga's on "off till activity" as tesco likes to call it nowdays

expresscoop

just heard my current supermarket is turning into a tesco in a few months. How bad is it these days?

We all getting transferred across but I have serious doubts about the "you will keep your current contract"

Biscuit tin

lucgeo

Quote from: expresscoop on 09-01-24, 01:58PMjust heard my current supermarket is turning into a tesco in a few months. How bad is it these days?

We all getting transferred across but I have serious doubts about the "you will keep your current contract"
You should be transferred under TUPE regulations. Look up the rules online or on the ACAS website. This should all have been explained to you beforehand.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

expresscoop

Quote from: lucgeo on 09-01-24, 02:18PM
Quote from: expresscoop on 09-01-24, 01:58PMjust heard my current supermarket is turning into a tesco in a few months. How bad is it these days?

You should be transferred under TUPE regulations. Look up the rules online or on the ACAS website. This should all have been explained to you beforehand.
Yeah we are. I have a feeling the "needs of the business" will override our shift patterns pretty quickly.

lucgeo

If requested, they must provide you with written proof for "needs of the business"...this goes for any Tesco colleagues already on contract to Tesco, when they're quoting this for whatever reason, they must provide the proof when asked to do so.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

rupert7

this as just come in from  Greggs to open up to 160 new stores this year, and 2 of them will open within  Tesco, Bar Hill in Cambridge,and also  Tesco, Ealing in London,,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/greggs-to-open-up-to-160-new-stores-this-year/ar-AA1mKD4u?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=0ad38d10110844cd90dddc452a2bc7c0&ei=34

Doggiedoodle

They have already put a Greggs In Walkden Tesco....

expresscoop

Quote from: lucgeo on 09-01-24, 04:38PMIf requested, they must provide you with written proof for "needs of the business"...this goes for any Tesco colleagues already on contract to Tesco, when they're quoting this for whatever reason, they must provide the proof when asked to do so.
thankyou for the tip. Its been a while since I worked for the blue menace. I literally left them for the company I work for now thats now being taken over by tesco lol. They did the same to my previous company of 16 years back in 2009 as well. I CANT GET AWAY FROM THEM

Rumblerumble

Quote from: rupert7 on 10-01-24, 04:16PMthis as just come in from  Greggs to open up to 160 new stores this year, and 2 of them will open within  Tesco, Bar Hill in Cambridge,and also  Tesco, Ealing in London,,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/greggs-to-open-up-to-160-new-stores-this-year/ar-AA1mKD4u?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=0ad38d10110844cd90dddc452a2bc7c0&ei=34
There is a Greggs in my old Extra.
This is they way foreward for Tesco, rent space and put it towards profits.

Ducking Hell

What else can go? I have heard on the grapevine that all night shifts are going to be made redundant ... and fill will be on twilight... dunno how true it is but rumours come from somewhere

fatlad

Yeah, the good old grapevine  ;D

Beanny

Our large extra store has implemented a number of cage locations within the aisles in grocery and now recently non food area. Could be a sign that twilight replenishment is coming! All part of the company's five year plan to phase out nights and save a bucket load of cash to pay for the wage increases that are coming down the line.

Raven

We only have twilight replenishment in our extra... and the cage locations on the aisles seem to be becoming fewer... most of those that remain are filled with pallets of stock. We are expected to have our delivery cage on the aisle, but somehow not in the way of customers, with a blue bag hanging on the side taking up even more aisle space because "there isn't room for a 4-sider for cardboard or plastic".

1982dave

Wondering if duckng hell is Bombay I work in an extra and my store is advertising for nights shift leaders full time and full time night staff and the other extra in area same there too .. still just left my Tesco big thanks for the union reading the trading article all green on the big 6 managers no staff looks like a hefty bonus is on route for them

Sherwoodforest

@beanny we had cage locations put in years ago,still a night fill store,maybe if your not dot com store you might be in with a shout for losing nights
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: fatlad on 12-01-24, 07:31AMYeah, the good old grapevine  ;D
That'd be the Krispy Kreme man ...

oldfashionedplayer

ours are hiring too, so definitely wont be losing here in my opinion, we have cage fill locations however they just put UOD's and pallets in them, when we get visits they move them  ???  8-)

londoner83

Recruiting is no sign of no changes. Previous structure changes have taken place in areas that had ongoing Recruiting that was pulled once changes announced

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk