News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 06:41AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 372
Total: 374

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfast driver

Just heard today all legacy warehouse operatives, security and all clerical staff have been offered redundancy in Antrim and Belfast  distribution sites. Hgv drivers are excluded from this offer.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Jacks

Quote from: belfast driver on 15-01-24, 08:16PMJust heard today all legacy warehouse operatives, security and all clerical staff have been offered redundancy in Antrim and Belfast  distribution sites. Hgv drivers are excluded from this offer.
That would be the announcement that was talked about being made today.

grim up north

Quote from: belfast driver on 15-01-24, 08:16PMJust heard today all legacy warehouse operatives, security and all clerical staff have been offered redundancy in Antrim and Belfast  distribution sites. Hgv drivers are excluded from this offer.
It's not redundancy is it?

belfast driver

Yes grim up North it is voluntary redundancy. Warehouse and clerical only. Drivers and site services are excluded from this offer but I'd say it's only a matter of time before the drivers are made an offer.

grim up north

Are you certain it's not something else other than redundancy?

belfast driver

What else would it be lol? The legacy contract buy out was offered last year and only 1 warehouse worker accepted it as he was already accepted for warehouse to wheels.

grim up north

Voluntary Severance pay. Which is different. At my DC they are offering voluntary severance so if others are getting redundancy, people need to know as there is a difference between the two

Shar23

Anyone heard anything about fulfilment shift leaders going in large format?

ImBackBaby

Quote from: Shar23 on 06-03-24, 03:36PMAnyone heard anything about fulfilment shift leaders going in large format?
Normally it is based on the number of vans & sales you have in store, they already got rid of the Driving Team Support role during the last change a few years ago, I doubt very much they will get rid of this role as most Dotcoms would be screwed without them. So if you are hearing rumours of the job going, maybe your store is scheduled to be downsized.

I know post code moves are currently taking place. I think there is gonna be merging going of smaller dotcoms into the larger ones. Does not make sense to have 2 dotcoms less than 5 miles apart with 2 very different sizes.

fatlad

We are a 5 van operation & currently have 1 manager , 2 shift leaders & have a vacancy out for a 3rd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk