News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 280
Total: 285

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

Worth remembering that nurses aren't getting a bonus at all !

dotnochance

what u talking about? They getting those sweet claps! bet all those nurses are paying off their mortgages with those claps

manbearpig

Quote from: Welshie on 12-05-20, 08:11PM
Worth remembering that nurses aren't getting a bonus at all !

A lot of them would have their university tuition fees fully paid for by the government though.

NightAndDay

University tuition fees (assuming it is paid for by the Student Loans Company) gets written off after 30 years anyway, I think I read recently that 80% of people won't ever pay it off and for Boris Johnson to reclassify the deficit as a grant and not a debt as it doesn't fall under the same financial rules as real loans.

VladPutin

Quote from: alf on 01-05-20, 07:32PM
The temps were to replace the staff off sick/isolating, and they're now being reduced as the numbers required aren't as high.

We're not running around bumping into each other because there is too many of us.

Customers have always been the biggest headcount, spreading that out across stores makes more sense than compacting. For example let's say my tesco could furlough, that just means the local sainsbury is going to be inundated with customers.

As for nonessentials, I don't care, it makes no difference to me if a customer is buying milk or a BBQ. Just keep overall customer numbers low, and maintain distance.

It seems some DIY stores are reopening anyways.

Speak for yourself. We can't move in mine for all the extra home shopping pickers they hired. Even the customers are complaining. I've seen as many as 5 HS trollies in an aisle at the same time. I don't even bother saying, "excuse me" any more. I just shove the bloody things out of the way.

Cinderella

Quote from: NightAndDay on 30-03-20, 05:04PM
Is this bonus payment a one off payment or continual for as long as this pandemic continues? While 10% is better than nothing the likes of Amazon are paying £2 an hour more on top of their hourly wage, and as far as I'm aware will be the case for as long as this is an issue as opposed to a one off payment.

It’s for three consecutive pay periods. So we had one last month, we get one tomorrow, and then next month will be the final 10% bonus.

Pathfinder

Yet again staff who are off 12 weeks have recived the 10% bonus .so much for getting this for working .

zbkids

Im off for the 12 weeks and i didnt get the 10% which im fine with

NightAndDay

Quote from: Pathfinder on 28-05-20, 06:08PM
Yet again staff who are off 12 weeks have recived the 10% bonus .so much for getting this for working .

This is Tesco we're talking about here, payroll and financials is a bit of a dark art to them.

dotnochance

I have been off for the 12 weeks, looked at payslip today and I got £10 one time payment, like OK?

just curious

Would anybody expect anything different from Tosco when it comes accountancy within the company ? , Payroll / stock counts / Kpi figures / waste and what ever else they choose to manipulate they will if they see fit ? , would not trust them one bit .

alf

Aye OK tesco are manipulating the figures to give out extra money.

Jesus f****ng wept.

Gorgeous69

What’s happened to our colleague bonus plan 2019/20 2% of our annual earnings should have been pd today?

Welshie

There wasnt a bonus for2019/2020 , it was announced last year with pay deal that there would be no more bonuses for hourly paid staff . I think managers still get a bonus .

lordadmiral

That 2% bonus is for management.
Managers just been teling everyone it is for everyone not just for them and now people are confused.

grim up north

I'm not a manager and I got the 2% bonus

hesketh

Only those not subject to the Partnership agreement still get the bonus.

Tesco and Usdaw agreed to stuff the rest of you..... :P
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

grim up north

I've heard that the union have asked that the 10% bonus continues as furloughing has. Was instantly dismissed by top level. Keep doing your bit though...we're vital in this pandemic...cant thank us enough and so on..

lordadmiral

Quote from: grim up north on 29-05-20, 08:06PM

Well being more precise, managers and other salaried roles.

Rad

Quote from: Pathfinder on 28-05-20, 06:08PM
These are errors and the money will be reclaimed next pay.

grim up north

Quote from: lordadmiral on 29-05-20, 08:49PM
Quote from: grim up north on 29-05-20, 08:06PM

Well being more precise, managers and other salaried roles.

I'm not salaried either

NightAndDay

Is it really a surprise to anyone that Tesco messed up the payments with this bonus? It would be more worrying if they got it right, god forbid they actually promoted/hired competent managers to do payroll correctly.

BarryZola

Quote from: grim up north on 29-05-20, 08:34PM
I've heard that the union have asked that the 10% bonus continues as furloughing has. Was instantly dismissed by top level. Keep doing your bit though...we're vital in this pandemic...cant thank us enough and so on..

Yeah, apparently life is back to normal now and magically there is no virus potentially affecting our safety at work. It's so safe that all kids are back at school, pubs are open, everyone is back at work, no social distancing to be observed any more..........   Or maybe Tesco have just decided that we're just not worth paying anymore as we're eating into their profits too much. The usual story. They'll have to forgive me if I exercise my right to leave the shop floor if I deem it as unsafe a bit more now as I'm not even getting the pittance of danger money anymore.

Phoneshopguy

Quote from: NightAndDay on 30-05-20, 01:41AM
Is it really a surprise to anyone that Tesco messed up the payments with this bonus? It would be more worrying if they got it right, god forbid they actually promoted/hired competent managers to do payroll correctly.

Yeah... CA's do wages so you can blame them for that  :thumbup:

Katarn2000

The actual wages are done in India in Bengaluru. All the wages clerks do is tell the system what people worked and why they didn't (obviously that's more difficult than it sounds but that is correct). The people processing everything are not managers or CA. I've found them to almost always be very competent but this is a new thing so mistakes always happen.

Also please don't misunderstand the reason for the bonus. It is purely to try and create an incentive to stop people from going off sick and using the virus as an excuse because the usual skivers ( and there are many) would have and have had a field day. The reason it is temporary is because once that threat of people using the virus as an excuse goes away (e.g. they can get tested) then there is less need for the incentive.

This is not the company being altruistic in any way at all. It's just another measure to try and keep the share price up. If you make the mistake of thinking they care about you then too bad for you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk