News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 11:53AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 535
Total: 537

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

As Welshie stated - the 50% off clothing offer is for the same period as the 15% off grocery offer - i.e. 6 April to 7 May. It was "advertised" on OurTesco website.

And one of the comments on there (presumably from an F&F worker or a senior manager in head office) did state it is because Clothing sales have been slow. And when Tesco announced their annual results to the city yesterday - they stated both clothing and fuel sales were down 70% in the last few weeks.

Shame we're not getting 50% off fuel - but again, similar to the clothing - not that we can go anywhere with it!!

kbm800609

I only buy f&f stuff for the kids so won't need use of the changing rooms. My youngest practically lives in leggings and as she's spending most of the day playing in the garden they're all getting a bit holey, so I'll just stock up on them   :thumbup:

madness

Quote from: Welshie on 09-04-20, 05:19PM
It's on for 4 weeks , changing rooms closed so cant try on .
XXXL seems to be the standard size for most of our staff.

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

madness

who actually tries clothes on do people not know their own size. Regardless of the company not selling a backlog of clothing (which will not go off anyway) getting a huge 50% off was a major boost to save a good chunk of money on future essentials, socks pants, cheap shoes for work. Yet all on here complain.

just curious

How many clothes are returned due to people not trying them on ? , and the way the clothes are mass produced in other country's at a very cheap price , and no quality control operated by Tosco what is to say the labelling sizes on the garments are accurate ?. So in answer to your question - yes i know my size - but are Tosco ( And other retailers ) measurements the same as mine ?  ??? ???. Always try on where possible . Reduces that chance of having to return an item at a later date and lets you know if its a comfortable fitting that is going to be fit for use .

fatboy

What's all this s*** gotta do with the topic?

Nomad

[admin]None, please return to discussing the 10% bonus for Coronavirus.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

roughyedspud

Just seen my wage slip...

One time payment £114.65...

That's not 10% of the last 4 weeks let alone 7-8 weeks backdated  to March 9th

Since March 9th,aside from 7 days self isolating I've worked 6days a week since..£114.65 isn't right is it ?

StinkyPoo

You're lucky, my colleague and I only got £32 and £48! Nowhere near enough. Think we've been stitched up...

roughyedspud

Think I've figured it out..

This onetime payment is just for March 9th to April 6th

Fospa

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 30-04-20, 01:23AM
You're lucky, my colleague and I only got £32 and £48! Nowhere near enough. Think we've been stitched up...
Your so lucky I received £13.77. I earned more in march payday without bank holidays than I did this month. How? I'm full time 36.5 hours a week too.

StinkyPoo

March to april, ah OK, they could have explained that. That would make sense as I had time off in that time frame.

Hammer10

Well for risking the health of my family I end up with a miserly 59pounds more. The government pay 29 pounds a day to soldiers when at war which is what we should all be paid more so the NHS frontlines staff.

Redshoes

You have had a bonus the company did not have to give you. We are in a global crisis that is costing a fortune. We still have jobs, unlike a lot of people.

lucgeo

Aye Hammer10.. you also still have your health ( so far ) unlike a lot of people who risked theirs for a measly couple of quid,  laughingly called a "bonus", for which you should be grateful! The bonus being you've survived so far  :thumbup:

R'Dave still getting his next month? which will be a damn sight more than a measly 10%, and he won't give a toss whether there's a global crisis or not.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Totot

And to make it worse, tax code change because of tax we owe from last year, if you didn't paid the tax owed for 14th payment last year.
But I guess better than nothing or got paid less because the tax owing. At least for 3 payments.

Take care everyone.

Nomad

Should there be an enhanced death in service payment to dependants of staff who sadly succumb to Covid-19   :question:

There should be. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

barafear

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 30-04-20, 04:31AM
March to april, ah OK, they could have explained that. That would make sense as I had time off in that time frame.

The payment dates of the bonus and what periods of time they related to were explained in the original communication from Tesco.
And clarification is now in the update about the extension of the bonus for another four weeks:

Between 8 March and 4 April, the hours worked and pay earned are confirmed. Any hours and pay earned as a result of being absent from work for any reason are deducted. The 10% bonus is then applied and paid.

How will the Recognition Bonus show on a payslip?

The Recognition Bonus will show as ‘One-Time Payment’ on the payslip. For colleagues on the Work & Pay system, it will show as ‘Reward and Recognition Bonus’. The bonus figure shown will be subject to Income Tax and National Insurance contributions (if applicable).

What are eligible earnings?

For hourly paid colleagues, virtually all pay elements are included in the Recognition Bonus:

Base pay, premiums (night, extra night, Sundays) additional paid hours and overtime, location pay, market supplement, first aid pay, deputising, key-holder payments etc.

The recognition bonus for salaried managers is based on base salary/pay only.

What kind of payments aren’t included?

Pay that you may have received as a result of being absent isn’t included.

Holiday pay, sick pay, maternity and adoption pay aren’t included. Unpaid absence is not included. Certain one-off payments e.g. shares payments, arrears payments, expenses and other lump sum payments aren’t included.

How long will the Recognition Bonus be in place?

The Recognition Bonus will run until 30 May 2020 only.

When will the bonus be paid?

It will be paid in arrears and directly with your regular pay.

Bonus for eligible earnings between 8 March and 4 April will be paid on 1 May 2020
Bonus for eligible earnings between 5 April and 2 May will be paid on 29 May 2020
Bonus for eligible earnings between 3 May and 30 May will be paid on 26 June 2020
You must still be employed on the payment dates to receive the bonus payment. If you leave Tesco before these dates you will not receive the payment.

What if my final day at Tesco is on the payment date?

You will still be employed on the date the bonus is paid, so you will receive it.

If I leave Tesco through redundancy what happens to the Recognition Bonus?

If an eligible colleague leaves Tesco through retirement (with company approval), ill-health retirement, redundancy or sadly dies in service they will receive a Recognition Bonus payment. This will be pro-rated based on their eligible earnings during either pay period i.e. 8 March to 4 April (paid on 1 May), 5 April and 2 May (paid on 29 May) or 3 May and 30 May (paid on 26 June). This will be paid into the last known bank account details held on Tesco payroll.

Does the Recognition Bonus replace the Colleague Bonus?

No. Jason Tarry recently announced that the Colleague Bonus Plan 2019/20 award is 2%. This will be paid in cash directly with your pay on Friday 29 May 2020. As a reminder, the following are eligible for Colleague Bonus Plan:

WL1 & 2 Salaried Managers in stores and CFCs
WL1 & 2 hourly and salaried Distribution Colleagues
WL1 & 2 Head Office Colleagues (including salaried CEC Colleagues, excluding hourly-paid CEC Colleagues)
Colleagues who are eligible for both the Recognition Bonus and Colleague Bonus Plan will receive these payments within their pay on 29 May 2020.

Will I pay more Income Tax or National Insurance?

The standard Personal Allowance is £12,500, which is the amount of income you do not have to pay tax on. Some colleagues may find that they pay tax/NI in the period that the Recognition Bonus and Colleague Bonus Plan is paid. This will be a one-off and will revert back once earnings return to normal levels.

For further information, colleagues should visit:

www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates

www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters

Will the Recognition Bonus count towards my pension?

No. The Recognition Bonus is a discretionary payment, so it won’t count towards your pensionable pay.

Will the Recognition Bonus count towards my holiday pay, enhanced maternity/paternity or adoption pay?

No. The Recognition Bonus is a discretionary payment, so it won’t be included in your holiday, maternity, paternity or adoption leave or on jury service.

I’m on maternity/adoption leave, will I receive the Recognition Bonus?

No. The Recognition Bonus is to reward colleagues who are at work.

I’ve been advised to self-isolate will I receive the Recognition Bonus?

Not for the time that you are off work. When your 7 or 14-day period has passed, and if you return to work before the bonus period ends, then you will receive an appropriate bonus based on hours worked.

StinkyPoo

Barafear, thanks for that, had not seen that, most helpful. I'll be able to answer all the managers questions now as they had no idea how it worked :)

lackofinterest

Quote from: Redshoes on 30-04-20, 07:21AM
You have had a bonus the company did not have to give you. We are in a global crisis that is costing a fortune. We still have jobs, unlike a lot of people.
i don't want lewis's charity. i'd rather he shoved it up his arse!!

Bert0305

So just had a manager explain the easiest way to work out your 10% bonus.
Open up your wage slip for 3rd April. From left hand column add up your basic pay, overtime, bank holiday pay, night shift premium, weekend premium, shift premium and first aider premium if you get it. Do not add any holiday pay, sick pay or allowance payment. Divide total figure by 10. That’s your bonus.

For bonus payment on 29th May, add up payment from wage slip tomorrow 1/5/20. Hope this helps people.

StinkyPoo

Bert0305, if you have had time off self isolating then that won't work as that was just included in basic pay. Other than that it seems to add up right.

manbearpig

£87 for risking mine and my families' health :thumbup:

Theansweris42

£108, for risking my wife's, which I appreciate is better than some, but still....
At least at the moment we are getting the key worker blah, one wonders if that will be the case when the next pay review is due!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk