News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 11:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,420
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 514
Total: 516

Changed my contracted hours

Started by BB41, Today at 09:04AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB41

Good Morning and thank you for having me , I work in Dot.com started as a delivery driver but due to an incident working a late shift I requested a change to click and collect as a pod driver  evenings and all day  Sunday

My contracted hours are 17 hours but have been informed today that as ``I only work evenings they can only offer 10 with other time made up with over time if available.

I've always helped out whenever covering other shifts at short notice so feel pretty upset about this.

Can they do this? . I only started in December so don't want to leave as I do enjoy it

lucgeo

When you changed job role, who agreed to it and was there any mention of your contracted hours? e.g, "while we can accommodate change of departments, we are unable to offer you your current contracted hours"

Were you aware that the new role was only for 10 hours?

Did you request the change or did they suggest it, as this makes a difference.

Understandably you don't state the incident, but was this something Tesco should have protected you from under their obligations for duty of care.

The rule of thumb is...if YOU request to move department, then they will try to accommodate you, but they are not obliged to give the same hours of contract, so if you knew the other role was a 10 hour contract and requested it, then that's the hours on offer for you to take or decline.

If YOU request to move departments, and you are on a higher skilled rate, but the new department is a lower band, then you drop to the lower band rate.

But if THEY ask you to move to a department, but that role is either less hours contract, lower pay band rate or both, then they MUST accommodate your contract...find you the extra hours and you keep the higher rate of pay.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

madness

except the op asked for the move. cant create a job for someone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk