News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:35AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 274
Total: 275

Tesco Covid Update Jan 2024

Started by Loki, 26-01-24, 09:54PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Thorn

????

I work in a small store and know everyone personally. I saw how they were affected by covid so please don't judge everyone by the same standard.

Ginsoakedlush

Quote from: JJH on 27-01-24, 06:18PM
Quote from: Biscuit tin on 27-01-24, 04:35PMPeople having time off for Covid now are the same ones who'd have been off for a week with a sniffle before 2020.
;D Probably get paid for the first three days too!
Quote from: londoner83 on 27-01-24, 05:59PMWho is even testing themselves these days? If you feel really rough go sick and speak to your GP,  if it's a minor sniffle come in and don't look for anything to justify you being at home.
Well said!
As someone who has just been off with Covid, the above statements are very small minded. I've NEVER been off with just a "Sniffle" thanks, despite being paid from day one. I still test because I spend a great deal of time with my elderly father at the care home where he lives and I wouldn't want to put those people at risk. Please tar everyone with the same brush.

Keepitreal

If you are too ill to attend work regardless of what the illness is you wouldn't go in if symptoms are strong.
But you're unlikely to have the absence removed/mitigated so prepare to have it treated as other absences and added to your %

oldfashionedplayer

But if you got sacked cause of it, you'd have a good chance at a tribunal given the aim for companies to still do "what is right" to keep people safe and expect colleagues to do the same by following guidance etc... So cha ching?

madness

Quote from: General Thorn on 30-01-24, 11:08AM????

I work in a small store and know everyone personally. I saw how they were affected by covid so please don't judge everyone by the same standard.
99% of big stores have absence issues. little stores can be different if a longterm team.

Murphy01

Not applicable to Northern Ireland as we still go by the day rule

According to tesco support we didn't have a government to change the rules

Dippydoo

Hello

person7

covid has been treated like the common cold for well over a year at my store, and as i work part time i get NO sick pay unless off for 3 weeks straight

madness

you get sick pay from the 4th day of sickness. so unless you are a 1 day a week worker 3 weeks is wrong.

lackofinterest

Quote from: person7 on 07-02-24, 01:32PMcovid has been treated like the common cold for well over a year at my store, and as i work part time i get NO sick pay unless off for 3 weeks straight
i dont stay off work with a common cold but i would with covid or flu

Angel22

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 28-01-24, 06:29AMYou say that but If you literally search about covid, nhs site says to stay off and away from people, so doctors will just say the same.. All this means is that they want people to try and pester doctors who are impossible to get ahold of to begin with...

So covid = stay off

Not covid = work

Covid + feeling okay = have a brain and think, would you be happy someone giving it you or your baby etc? If so...then congrats.. You are quite heartless in my opinion.
I am lucky I have not had covid and I chose not to have the jabs !  But to say stay off is the problem. I don't know about anyone else but I can not afford to loose 3 days pay because of what may  just be an ordinary cold/ bout of the flu , but lets be honest here covid is now just that, the government down graded it so thats what you get. Last month there were quite a few of our staff who had it one being a manager who I think gave it to quite a few of their staff.  No easy answers but I know the general colleagues are the ones who really cant afford a loss of pay.

oldfashionedplayer

I get that there are colleagues that can't afford to lose the pay, theres stuff like Groceryaid that people can get help from and with the way costs are going, most are going to be applying and receiving Universal Credit alongside their wage, so by them not working it would be topped up that way albeit at a different date usually..

I definitely wouldn't just put it down to "downgraded" and go by what government say... they made the problem worse to begin with and couldn't care less about you, me or anyone else.. so they'll name it as they see fit.

Mark calloway

Quote from: Loki on 27-01-24, 12:03PMBasically if one has leprosy but is "feeling ok" then by all means come to work.
I rang in at 3pm for 10pm shift saying I've got the flu. Duty refused to accept saying "it's too early" I did inform him that's not in company policy,  but he said you'll have to ring again coz you may "feel better "  I've got the FLU!! Even if did "feel" better I'm not going in risking passing it on to 20 other colleagues. Im gonna put in a grievance I think.

Killstreaking

Hi, been a member for years but havnt logged in for years. I don't really know how to make a post. So I'm commenting here incase someone can help me. I've had 2 absences within 26 weeks. Then the other day I came to work with the flu, wasn't feeling great at all, I worked more than half a shift, but then had to go home. I've been called for an AR, which means it's been coded as sick. Is this right? Also my attendance is nowhere near 3%

Misery

Quote from: Killstreaking on 13-02-24, 11:58AMHi, been a member for years but havnt logged in for years. I don't really know how to make a post. So I'm commenting here incase someone can help me. I've had 2 absences within 26 weeks. Then the other day I came to work with the flu, wasn't feeling great at all, I worked more than half a shift, but then had to go home. I've been called for an AR, which means it's been coded as sick. Is this right? Also my attendance is nowhere near 3%
2 absences will trigger an AR. However if you worked more than half of your shift before going home this should not be recorded as sickness. Less than half your shift is added to figures.

Killstreaking

Quote from: Misery on 13-02-24, 02:26PM
Quote from: Killstreaking on 13-02-24, 11:58AMHi, been a member for years but havnt logged in for years. I don't really know how to make a post. So I'm commenting here incase someone can help me. I've had 2 absences within 26 weeks. Then the other day I came to work with the flu, wasn't feeling great at all, I worked more than half a shift, but then had to go home. I've been called for an AR, which means it's been coded as sick. Is this right? Also my attendance is nowhere near 3%
2 absences will trigger an AR. However if you worked more than half of your shift before going home this should not be recorded as sickness. Less than half your shift is added to figures.
I thought it was 3 absences that trigger an AR? Or is that a typo on your response? Yea I don't think I should be having one, and believe when I say I have tried to come to work when I'm ill, I don't take the p**s, the fact they've called me for a meeting has had a really bad affect on my head, I'm feeling low as it is and this really hasn't helped

Misery

Quote from: Killstreaking on 13-02-24, 02:32PM
I thought it was 3 absences that trigger an AR? Or is that a typo on your response? Yea I don't think I should be having one, and believe when I say I have tried to come to work when I'm ill, I don't take the p**s, the fact they've called me for a meeting has had a really bad affect on my head, I'm feeling low as it is and this really hasn't helped
Yes it is 3 instances. Therefore no AR. Less than half a shift doesn't count.

Killstreaking

Quote from: Misery on 13-02-24, 03:42PM
[/quote
Thankyou,
Quote from: Misery on 13-02-24, 03:42PM
Thankyou, appreciate it 😊

dfl

Surely notifiable diseases time off should be paid and not counted as absence, after all if your willing to go in but company says youve to stay off then surely they have to pay you as they told you not to come in (if they dont pay you is it not tantamount to breach of an employees contract if they are willing to come in)
DFL

oldfashionedplayer

They'd just be subject to the SSP rules of 3 waiting days, there's no requirement for an employer to pay you CSP for any days... So by doing the right thing, your  >:( out of luck.

If however your due to be on holiday, you can move your holiday, but you'd still just follow normal company rules of CSP waiting period.

Mickymouse1962

I get paid sick from day 1

oldfashionedplayer

Then you'll be one of the lucky ones that do, like before 2004 or something? Can't recall the year, but way back anyhow.. Those after are 3 days.. Though I'd expect them to remove that too.

Mickymouse1962

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 24-02-24, 06:07PMThen you'll be one of the lucky ones that do, like before 2004 or something? Can't recall the year, but way back anyhow.. Those after are 3 days.. Though I'd expect them to remove that too.
they can't remove it as it firms part of my terms of employment

kaled78

im sure if usdaw are bribed enough by tesco they will find a way

londoner83

They will have to find a way to buy you out of it like they have with countless other premiums in the past, in the hope that whatever they offer does enough legally to negate whatever you are losing.....
Managers for example are seeing their notice period increase from 4 to 13 weeks but are having a enhanced bonus scheme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk