News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:57PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 272
Total: 274

Team Support as Student

Started by ta183, 20-02-21, 05:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta183

Hi, I'm currently a University student, and obviously at the moment I'm in my home town because of Covid. I've just started my Options, not doing a placement just yet but working on little projects in the store like quality on Dot Com etc. Obviously I accept that I wouldn't be able to become a Line Manager whilst moving back and forth from University, but is it a realistic hope that I could become Team Support whilst a student, so being able to transfer between my home town and university town. Just wanted to find out so I know whether it's worthwhile pursuing options. Thanks

Welshie

I've no idea about moving between stores as team support but think it would be unlikely but Options will not guarantee you a team support job .

Redshoes

Quote from: Welshie on 20-02-21, 07:24PM
I've no idea about moving between stores as team support but think it would be unlikely but Options will not guarantee you a team support job .

Not sure that team supports are still being recruited, there was a hold on that at one time. You can however get deputising pay if you are standing in.
If you are asking if two stores will create a job for you and both accept that they will manage with being one short when you are in the other store, slim chance.

matt62775

from my experience a university transfer isnt guaranteed, i was team support in sixth form and tried to transfer for uni, no luck not even as GA. its worth a try however it will be a headache for both stores you're at as you will be away from them for long periods of time and the new store you'll be unfamiliar with so they may be reluctant to agree to this. good luck!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk