News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 09:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 63
Total: 67

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpman1

has anybody used tesco freetime for there holidays i used it this week after looking in travel agents and phoning around i thought i would give them a try , told them where i wanted to go and when and they saved me nearly £500 on next years holiday, give them a go and see what they can save you,

http://www.peopleattesco.com/

username: Tesco
password:mybenefits

phone:08708481111

give them a ring i did and saved money

Nice result Carpman.  Because others may find this of use I have made the topic Sticky.

Ratchet (Moderator)

If you have a story to tell and some photos to go with it, send them to ratchet@verylittlehelps.com for publication in the Online mag.

I've used freetime for "Deals" with the old clubcard vouchers, have been to Drusillas Zoo Park, Lego Land and London Zoo, and made massive savings on the entry to these places everytime ie. Lego Land = 2 Adults, 2 Children and a Baby entry price =£86.00 , Clubcard vouchers sent to freetime £21.50 = entry for the above. Saving 75%.

scooterboy (moderator)

I'am the Voice of Reason....

fatty

SCOOTERBOY, thats why you can buy tesco clubcard vouchers on e-bay, four times the face value!
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

morgan

I've used Freetime regularly (for the vast number of holidays I have each year, being a grossly overpaid manager!!), & they're great. Always got cheaper than whatever I found on the internet & the staff are really helpful. Can't recommend it enough.

If you need a namebadge to know who I am, I don't need to know you.

POA Billy

Calm down dear it's only a commercial.

I'm somewhat of a bullshi**er myself, but occasionally I enjoy listening to an expert...Please carry on.

rickyj35

just wondering if somebody could tell me the username and password for the people at tescos website?

Nomad

rickyj35 look at the first post in this topic.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms, than down on your knees.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

zetmay

just bought a new dining room table from MFI after trading in my clubcard vouchers it cost me £15 and I got clubcard points too

--zetmay--

rickyj35

thanks nomad didnt read the bottom thanks.just rushed straight in as usual.

fatty

SO ZETMAY when do we all get invited around for lunch to see this table?
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Sanmay

Weeellll considering your personal habits fatty I would say never ;D  ;D ;)  ;) :o   :o

Sanmay (Moderator)

I'm the oldest swinger in town

zetmay

I don't use the table Always at work at the mo as in middle of refit 200 hours short on depts and got a whole 20 hours overtine to 'help' cover which just about covers the time i spend on checkout doing relief calls.
Sorry you asked now? feels good to have a rant though

--zetmay--

If u get an email quote from Tesco Travel Agent then take in to Going Places, they will beat it- so you get to buy your hol off a real person AND pay less. But they don't do all the tour ops and all the brochures from the tour ops they do..

carpman1

when i booked my holiday i phoned all the travel agents up and told them what the price was and none of them could beat it

tawnyowl

I saved my vouchers and got 2 annual passes for Tussauds, a collegue then sent of for 2 more for me and i paid her the £40 which gave us 4 annual passes. We then went on a four week holiday to the south of England using the passes and saved a lot of money and the kids enjoyed the theme parks. We even went back in the oct hols and plan again for easter and the summer before the passes run out. Alton Towers alone would have cost £80 for one day, we go for two days at a time so got our money back no problem. The other good vouchers are the days out ones the kids loved the open topped bus around London and it only cost me £2!!!

as where are store is located their is a couple of massage parlours and a red light district do you think......no perhaps not.

morgan

Saved my vouchers for MFI deal tokens, bought a new sofa (my first EVER brand new bit of furniture, which is probably why I am SOOOO excited about it) and it only cost me £9.

Management. It's the BEST job in the world...Small world eh?(Moderator)

Sanmay

Just got our vouchers for a holiday in Germany in June..Vouchers paid for one of us so literally half price.  Only one trouble... World Cup in Germany in June aint it.  Wondered why him indoors was so amenable all of a sudden. :( :(  :o >:(

Sanmay (Moderator)

BLUE MOON

And you didn`t see it coming , him indoors had it planned all along methinks , good on him , hope you both enjoy the world cup holiday  ;D     :P    ;D

STOP THE WORLD , I`M GETTING OFF !

Sanmay

No probs Blue Moon ,,,,I shall just disappear to the shops ;D  >:D >:D

Sanmay (Moderator)

The Mrs

"Did you know that Tesco Freetime offers you 10% off the tour operators' lowest price on a huge range of holidays year round?" (Taken from the peopleattesco site.)

Not strictly true.  :o

I rang Tesco freetime to get a price for a holiday. It was dearer  :(  I asked "how can that be with the promised 10%?" Reply "Because we can only give 10% off the brochure price, not off the travel company's internet price, we can't better that".

So that means Tesco are not giving employee's ANY benefit. The 10% discount is not actually an employee discount. Go to any travel agent with a brochure price and they will better it. So Tesco Freetime is just the same as any other travel agent, don't let them fool you into believing its a "staff benefit" when booking a holiday from any of the operators they list. They are not giving you anything that you could not get yourself, by booking direct online. In fact, as I found, I could actually get it cheaper that way.  :(

The Mrs (Administrator)

BLUE MOON

Logged onto Chester Zoos website , no longer take tesco vouchers , what a load of balls , i`m goin tomorrow aswell , bum flaps !!!

>:D  >:(    :P     :P        :o       :-x

There is a light at the end of every tunnel , just pray it isn`t a train !

morgan

MFI don't do clubcard poins any more either, as I discovered when I got my sofa. They kept that quiet!

Management. It's the BEST job in the world...Small world eh?(Moderator)

The only 'benefit' I got was a £5 off furniture stuff when you spend £20" thats pretty good "IF I f**kING SHOPPED AT TESCO"

Its better to have it and not need it then need it but not have it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk