News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:08PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 295
Total: 299

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King1999

E training 😂😂😂😂😂

Nomad

Robber threatened to stab worker just months after release from prison

QuoteSteven Wilson, 26, was jailed for four-and-a-half years following his part in an armed robbery at the Spar store in St Augustine’s, Norwich, in 2017 during which staff were threatened with a knife.

Norwich Crown Court heard that on March 26 this year - just months after being released from prison and just three days after the coronavirus lockdown began - Wilson entered the Tesco Express store on Aylsham Road.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

So Wilson goes on a spree a few weeks after getting out early from a previous sentence, and now gets four years, so might well be out in two, even less if time on remand gets deducted from the custodial time, hardly seems like a sufficient punishment does it really.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

spiderman

cant believe . things are getting worst

spiderman

what do you think , when someone related to a member of sf (mum , dad)  walks in and threats the person in charge  and questions their job for doing the right thing.
i asked a member of sf to stay outside of the main entrance to keep an eye on the number of people , do came in for shopping , two minutes later that person was inside blocking the self services. Because of the coronavirus  problem , we always have someone outside but not inside to keep everyone safe.
i called the person to the office to explain the situation , but instead of listening , that person  started to  fight back verbally for no reason .
the person started to cry , two minutes later someone related came in ,to talk to me.
i  explain about what happened  , but that person related  didnt care and literally said to me , i Dont want to get wrong with you and let stay inside.
the person is my family  and im here to protect  ,even if  right or wrong.
what do you think guys.

[admin]I'm sorry but you do need to improve your grammar and punctuation, if possible. Nomad[/admin]

Nomad

'Dangerous' thug who stole 9 bottles of vodka from West Drayton Tesco and stabbed man trying to stop him

QuoteOn that day had entered the shop in possession of knife and proceeded to steal nine bottles of vodka. When shop security staff challenged him, he threatened them with the knife before attempting to leave.

Whittle was grabbed by a man who was in the shop, who attempted to detain him. During the ensuing struggle, Whittle stabbed the man in the shoulder and also assaulted the man’s teenage daughter who came to assist, before fleeing.

Nice guy  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

25 years in and

We have been instructed to work alone on self scan after 22:30 at night. Has anyone experienced an increase in physical abuse since this was introduced

thepainter

we are living in a time where peoples every move every breath is being dictated.

We have shop assistants being forced to ask where peoples masks are in some cases, then asking for prof of exemption??? 

There are millions of people being forced to act against their views their wills  on this with many peoples mental and physical health being stretched only to experience additional stress and pressure just to go and do some shopping with people being told what to do where to stand.

Is it any wonder many customers are snappy abrupt and quick to snap.

Don't blame the customers, blame the ludicrousy that's being pushed down everyones throat.

Not everyone believes or buys into this pandemic stuff.

There's a difference someone attacking you verbally or physically its another expecting someone to follow orders barked at them by another person.

penguin

It is fair to say the current situation is affecting many of us mentally and emotionally but that is no excuse for taking it out on shop staff or anyone just doing there job even if it is just verbal abuse, people have a right to go to work without fear of being shouted at, called names or having someone screaming general abuse at them.

NightAndDay

Whatever happened to the union pushing for harsher sentencing for abuse towards retail staff, it was a massive thing 6-9 months ago "Abuse is not part of the job."

Welshie

Are any colleagues in Wales experiencing more abuse now that they have closed off non-essential items in store . I imagine this will make it worse than first lockdown

Morris999

There’s already a video on some news websites, where a Radio DJ has gone into Tesco Store and starts ripping all the covers off the clothing, knocking some of the fixtures to the floor in a pre-planned stunt.
The video cuts out as colleagues/security try and intervene.

Now while I think the Welsh Government’s decision over this is absolutely ridiculous and ill thought out, this absolute Be****d doing his pre-planned stunt is out of order.
Again it's the low paid retail workers who not only end up taking the brunt of abuse but are the ones who will have to keep clearing up the mess created by the privileged Welsh Government and so called Radio DJ!
Hope the Welsh Police actually do something useful and lock him up.

If people want to protest against the Welsh Governments decision fine, do it the right way and not take it out on the retail workers/companies!

Welshie

I agree Morris999 , I haven't seen the video but did see one of a guy in Drogheda (ireland)  throwing bottles of wine on the floor , I think the cut off time for alcohol sales is 8pm there .

gomezz

Obvious solution is shrink-wrap the DJ as clearly non-essential.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Morris999

It looks like he’s now been charged with multiple offences.
With a court hearing in November, let’s now see if the courts give him a proper sentence/punishment or just tell him to say sorry and be on his way!

Misha101

Quote from: NightAndDay on 22-10-20, 07:01PM
Whatever happened to the union pushing for harsher sentencing for abuse towards retail staff, it was a massive thing 6-9 months ago "Abuse is not part of the job."
I can't seem to share the link. Usdaw did lobby the government this month and it was regected a few days ago.

lucgeo

There was a TV news appearance shown regarding this incident, by an USDAW official yesterday, stating the union's strong stance regarding violence in the workplace...Jane Jones...never heard of her ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

NightAndDay

Didn't the majority of MPs vote against more serious sentencing for assault against Retail workers, I thought unions were meant to have some sway in law making powers?

Baba_G

Hello. New to the forum and i come in need of some advice. I have been involved in a situation after i logged out finishing my  shift as i was walking out the doors of the store . My question is aftet you clock out at the end of your shift are you clased as a customer even if you are still in uniform ? Thank you

Mark calloway

Tesco are pathetic, campaigning against violence yet if we physically stop someone of defend ourselves we get fired.

Poltergeist

Gaby M Would be dependent on the situation

londoner83

If you can still be identified as a Tesco employee (ie not wearing a coat) Tesco will expect you to act as if whatever happened occurred during your shift.

Life, s too short

What about if a member of staff was literally pushed from the shop floor by their manager.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk