News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 08:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 67
Total: 70

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatty

What i wish to do is log any abuse, in what ever form in this section. If it happened in your store be it verbal or physical could you log it?

This article shows i believe that incidents are not reported, they should be. We are going into the busiest time of the year in retail, so lets be honest, the most dangerous time for us all.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=561013

Lets log EVERY incident in stores, lets see how many we get here ???

FATTY,
Your actions dictate your future, your inactions your past"

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

billybong

I wish you well on this fatty.  I tried to get something similar going for attacks on Drivers about five years ago.  Serious ‘Road-Rage’ to a little old lady taking a swipe with her brolly at the Driver crossing her path whilst delivering to a store is all a form of  abuse and possibly an assault. I contacted the freedom for fear campaign managers within the Union and have spoken to the Union hierarchy several times but too date nothing has happened.  I had eleven (11) examples of assaults on Drivers from my own depot over a nine (9) month period ranging from a hammer attack on a female Driver, a block of wood thrown at another, a slab of concrete dropped from a bridge onto the cab of the vehicle passing underneath to another Driver being dragged from his cab by three (3) ‘Traveller’s,’ luckily for him he was an ex-Royal Marine Commando and was more than able to take care of himself.  I accept many Drivers do not push too hard for some form of recognition of this problem, they report it, nothing happens, they get on with it and deal with it differently the next time. I have argued that should a Driver ever retaliate and lose their job as a consequence I would ensure the facts I have are sent to every available media source available illustrating that both Tesco and their Union partnership do not really care enough about their Driver population.  :(     Kindest regards Billybong.

Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.

fdj12

Wel all incidents should be logged in store as a matter of course, it is in my store and my previous one as well, your security manager should be doing this as part of his daily routine, obviously he is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne

A cigarette kiosk assistant Id'd two teenagers. One wanted to buy cigs, the other was with her. She refused the sale as the one who wanted the cigs could not provide ID. The second person said they were 18 and would buy them. She asked if they had ID and as they didn't, she refused them also.
She was verbally abused and spat on.

Anne (moderator)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt -  Abraham Lincoln.

Geezer100

Sadly, last week two of our security guards were assaulted whilst apprehending shoplifters.

ali p

an incident of shoplifting happened  a member of staff pursued and had a knife turned on him.

Major Dude

Fatty,

17/11/07 - 1 x Drunken male was verbally & racially abusive towards staff and offered violence towards yours truly.

It's grim up north !

dizzy_1

does this count? when i was 7 months pregnant with my first child i was "rammed" with a trolly which caught me across my tummy, it bruised, it was reported to a manager but i dont know if it was put in the book.

i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

dizzy_1

P.S in recent months i have also bn shoved out the way when customers want past, and had a melon thrown at me (dont laff).

Chairswan

Im pretty shall being rammed by a trolley is classed as assault if the customer did it deliberately like if they were in a hurry to get to the till & should've been reported as well as the accident book of course if injured :o

Psycho eyes (Moderator)
Psychee for short.

olly0170

Recently asked youth for id for cigs. got verbally abused and then he threw his lucazade bottle at me (missed). Next day he came in again and I refused to serve him but another cashier did but with no cigs. Last week he was asked again for id and he went mad in front of a load of customers (men included) and not one man said a thing.
Security were called and he is now banned.

biggmark

quote:
Originally posted by billybong

I have argued that should a Driver ever retaliate and lose their job as a consequence I would ensure the facts I have are sent to every available media source available illustrating that both Tesco and their Union partnership do not really care enough about their Driver population.  :(

Kindest regards Billybong.
          Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.

if i remember rightly few years ago a either livy or dundee driver was sacked for protecting his wagon,hit the offenders and was dismissed as they were potential customers :o

worker ant

RttK

Couple of weeks ago I confronted a shoplifter, he denied all, a family member brought the goods back and he decided to threaten my colleage. Was asked to leave and decided to get violent.

Being taken to young offenders court in a few weeks. He fully admits assult and now denies the charges that we aggrivated the attack.

Also our SM has been voilently attacked on two occasions for asking to search customers, or asking them to leave after they know they have been verbally barred on past occasions.

Count this as 3 :]

Major Dude

3 X Verbal abuse plus one count of assault in the last 3 days. It's that time of year again!

It's grim up north !

Phoenix

Had a handful of coppers thrown at my head when i got richmond kingsize instead of superkings,called duty manager he made me pick them up count them and then ask the abusive customer for the rest of the money... lol

aphrodite1988

:P   dunno if this happens in all stores but on a sunday night all the tills go down for approx 10-15 mins. as usual there was about 4/5 annoncments but one customer hadnt heard so he decided to throw the contents of his trolly at us.....thank god he had a bad aim!

Waistedyears

Customer was unable to get two products they wanted so told me that "your existance is pointless" they then walked off so i dont know if they ment Tesco or me personally, either way not on

thehappytent

an abusive customer had his alcohol that he wanted to buy taken away from him as he was drunken and sweary.

proceeded to throw 2 chip&pin pads at staff behind the till, then grabbed a bag of customers shopping and threw it down the ready meals aisle.

police grabbed him outside :D

scammster

one of the drivers at our store was kept in a customers house while they complained via telephone about there shopping not being in carrier bags he told whoever it was he phoned that he was'nt going to let the driver go until the matter was delt with.. :o
even after driver complained to manager about the way the customer treated him we are still expected to deliver to him !!! :(

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

redstar

why would you be upset by it not being in carrier bags ?

scammster

not to sure bloke is just an arsewipe but dont think we should have to deliver to people who treat us this way  :(  id like him to try an stop me leaving  ;D  

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

gomezz

quote:
Originally posted by redstar
why would you be upset by it not being in carrier bags ?
For exactly the same reason by it being in carrier bags, especially "too many" carrier bags.

It doesn't help that the picker id is no longer on the tray label so you cannot now provide targeted "feedback".
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Geezer100

If they are stopping you from leaving, isn't it false improsinment (sp?) and can't the police be called to arrest the person holding you there.

suzyp

I would say so Geezer ..... I would be straight on the phone to the police if it were me ...

Scenario ... "May I use your loo please"?  Mobile phone out and dial 999!!

Don't let work steal the good bits of your life!!!

crosspoints finest

Last Night 22nd Dec. we had 3 guys walk into the store select 3 boxes of beer and walked straight out and into a waiting TAXI!!!!!!! in front of the store.  the night team tackled them ripping off a Chelsea football shirt (who ever they are) off of one of the guys backs, there was a few exchange of fists the beer was saved.  THE FU**ING TAXI DRIVER drove them all away.  Police wanted nothing to do with it as they were all in town keeping the peace or so they said.

Coventry Crosspoints Finest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk