Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 11:43AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Management structure in your store

Started by newdawnrising, 18-08-22, 01:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldielocks

I'm in an extra store with the following
1 x store manager
1 x lead
1 x grocery
2 x fresh
1 x front end
1 x stock & admin
4 x shift leaders
4 x team supports

no dot com
no night fill

it's the worst i've ever seen it as well

Sherwoodforest

I work in an extra on night fill been told, supposedly from store manager, we don't face up any more, more important to get shop filled than face up now.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Bobmay

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).  Admin.

Tesco is losing lots of money dont be surprised if you here by the new year they will be cutting down on night staff and brining in new contracts.I knew people who joined tesco 3 months ago who aren't paid for night premium

Redshoes

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 24-08-22, 08:42PMI work in an extra on night fill been told, supposedly from store manager, we don't face up any more, more important to get shop filled than face up now.

We still face. Our store manager says to leave delivery if we have to but to never skip facing up. We don't rumble now. Checkouts tidy and remove cardboard if they have time. We pick up boxes and empty cardboard trays as we pass them but there is no set time to rumble. Fresh is manned nearly all day and they are expected to fill and tidy. Grocery colleagues start to come in from 1300 and they are expected to tidy and fill. We just call a rumble if it's needed, as in customers pulling empty boxes off shelves to get to stock.

Ashbeck

Quote from: Bobmay on 25-08-22, 05:34AMI knew people who joined tesco 3 months ago who aren't paid for night premium

If this is the case (unlikely) then they need to raise it with their manager/the union. The only change to pay is that Sunday premium won't be paid to new starters. Night premiums are still paid for hours worked between 00:00 and 06:00.

Bobmay

Quote from: Ashbeck on 06-09-22, 10:10AM
Quote from: Bobmay on 25-08-22, 05:34AMI knew people who joined tesco 3 months ago who aren't paid for night premium

If this is the case (unlikely) then they need to raise it with their manager/the union. The only change to pay is that Sunday premium won't be paid to new starters. Night premiums are still paid for hours worked between 00:00 and 06:00.

Can you give me any evidence of this? Because the store manager has stated new staff arent paid night premium.

5fdp

Bobmay. Go to our tesco its all in there. If you work between midnight and 6am you get an extra 2.30 per hour. If you work a full shift before midnight and after 6am you get an extra 2.30 per shift.
All on our tesco

Bobmay

AGAIN, please do not quote immediately prior post(s).  .Admin.

Which section because manager told me they are removing night premium from new colleagues in my store I work at.

5fdp

Key in night premiums into colleague help.

Ashbeck

Quote from: Bobmay on 07-09-22, 12:31AM
Quote from: Ashbeck on 06-09-22, 10:10AM

Can you give me any evidence of this? Because the store manager has stated new staff arent paid night premium.

I can assure you all night colleagues are paid a night premium regardless of whether they started 5 years ago or 5 days ago. As stated - it's all on ourtesco, just search for the policy or the pay review brief. And you have been told repeatedly by many forum users where you have discussed this that you are wrong. The only premium removed in this pay review was Sunday premium for new starters. If you know people who are working night hours but not being paid their premium you must flag this as as their clockings must be being manually altered by a wage clerk or their manager as all premiums are calculated automatically. However, I expect you or your colleague are misunderstanding.

trolleyboy96

We have 1 store manager, although he appears part time, 1 experienced manager who is seriously overworked as everyone goes to him for everything, 2 placements which is a merry go round they do it then fail sign on, shift leaders varies as there's 2 full time and 4 part time but again it's a merry go round.

It's a shambles no stability and store is a mess everyday, the experienced manager if he was to go the shop would probably just fall over. This streamlining doesn't work.

NightAndDay

Streamlining does work to an extent, and Tesco's store operations went way past this extent already last structure change, the further de-departmentalization of roles and introducing lesser roles to replace the duties of the justified roles is short term gain for long term pain, more needs to be invested in staff around feet on the floor, not less. Turnover is already at unsustainable levels, Tesco will need to adopt it's strategy towards availability rather than overheads. Especially if they want to hold on to market dominance before Amazon joins the fray.

trolleyboy96

I think every shop is different, it's been cut too tight in ours, currently no manager on today, shift leaders only, this is a small superstore there's no one on any fresh dept except 1 colleague on bakery, tills 3 out of the 20 open, 1 person on 8 self serve, trolley boy, and 1 on the combined desk. It's very tight..

Tesc0Wow

Sorry but how is there "no one" on fresh? How does that even work, you can't fill or do fresh routines with no one?

trolleyboy96

No one between 1 and 5, twilight store so have 2-3 on dairy between 6-1, sometimes it's 1, produce 1-2 till 12. Duty manager / shift leader often just fills fresh everyday, grocery twilight team fill the evening delivery hence the 30 cages of grocery rolled everyday, working to the tablet hours only.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Tesc0Wow on 29-09-22, 01:04AMSorry but how is there "no one" on fresh? How does that even work, you can't fill or do fresh routines with no one?

That's normalised, has been like this for a while now, we have 3 total on days to do fresh / produce / meat, in that time they have waste routines and reductions, along with Amber and red calls to checkout, along with whether they are on holiday or not...

So the usual handover is "nothing has been done, it's been busy during the day"

No items get put on the shelves from our day staff, if milk comes in at 7am, it's there until 10pm, if it's off sale, it's staying that way.

We have met routines and such for a while, just like with pi, usually labels needed to be done by 3am etc, since it falls to nights and management, sometimes it's left till the next night.. Its a poop show.

Bobmay

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).  .Admin.

It will get worse when Tesco starts cutting down on more staff when they increase the pay next year.

Totot

Imagine doing "strike" with different style using tesco own policy, 20 minutes cold chain.
We start wasting all fresh and frozen that been outside chiller or freezer after 21 minutes, that will be fun.

londoner83

Once the new contract roles out I can only see things getting worse.  Will Susan from tills really do as great a job on meat in her 2 hour slot as Dave the normal FT meat colleague who the computer has moved to fill GM?

Teddybonkers

In reality, nobody's gonna to ask "Susan on tills" to do anything else if she's useless at it. That's the way its gonna work.

londoner83

Will the scheduler know Susan from tills is useless at anything else?

All the computer will pick up is at the time Susan starts tills are over hours and meat is under.....so its logical she would be scheduled to meat.

With the new fill/pick/serve contract everyone should be trained on every area......

Redshoes

Everybody has a primary task. The system will also not know if Steven on the shop floor is fit to be on tills, it won't know that his customer service is poor and that he may complain to customers as he thinks he should be doing something different.
It's the primary task that's most important but if one area is over manned and another is under manned the right thing to do will be to support an area that needs it. Coaching will help Susan from tills but an extra body at a time that is needed has to be better than no help.

Nomad

Most people forced to do a job they don't like doing and don't think they should be doing will be no help at all, in fact quite the contrary.

Sad but true.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Morris999

The system won't put Susan or Steve Anywhere else other than their primary department till after Xmas, what will happen is the Store management team can manually move them around on the system before then.
Also once the system starts moving them departments the store management team have 1 week to oversee the changes before they go out to the colleagues.
So in the Susan example, the managers will have to decide if it's better to move Susan or potentially out an overtime shift out.

Tesc0Wow

Where is the Comms for that? I heard that it is coming from the start of the new contract

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk