News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:48AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 279
Total: 283

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer10

In other words like it or lump it take your wage and spend it elsewhere.

Bobmay

Take the redundancy than find some better job than supermarket.

Lozza

Apparently from the store conference all the managers went too last week, Tesco are in the final stages of agreeing an another pay rise for this year!

barafear

Likely to be around 25p an hour I'd guess and simply a way to avoid the embarrassment of potentially being below the NLW (from April) which is likely to be announced in the next six weeks or so.

So, if T do give us another pay rise - will it be like all the others and need to wait about 4 months before we get it - maybe in time for Valentines day if we're lucky!!

forrestgimp

Quote from: Lozza on 04-10-22, 07:13AMApparently from the store conference all the managers went too last week, Tesco are in the final stages of agreeing an another pay rise for this year!

This makes sense because pay was spoken about in the store forum and the reps were asked what they thought, its normally only ever spoken about when its time for the review and the powers that be want to go to the national pay review with something otherwise its ignored.

dairyfresh

Quote from: Lozza on 04-10-22, 07:13AMApparently from the store conference all the managers went too last week, Tesco are in the final stages of agreeing an another pay rise for this year!

going upto £10.30

happyone

Still no pay increase for night premium

5fdp

Did I miss something. No pay rise for mgrs. Cost of living must not apply to them.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: happyone on 05-10-22, 08:22AMStill no pay increase for night premium

their aim is probably to get rid of night premium like they will with sunday premium / bank holiday that they started...

as for management payrise they probably wanna squeeze as much workload out, or will just say that managers earn more than the cost of living anyhow compared to a GA lol.

username12345

Quote from: 5fdp on 05-10-22, 08:33AMDid I miss something. No pay rise for mgrs. Cost of living must not apply to them.

Shift lead and team support are the same. I think it's terrible. They didn't even get the 5.5% that was stated on the poster for the first pay rise and now nothing this time.

NightAndDay

I'd be really surprised if Shift Leaders didn't get at least a matching nominal increase as the CAs, pay differentials were £1.86  before, this makes it £1.66. and that's with a gradually decreasing real value.

Considering Tescos retention problem for shift leaders, them not getting a pay rise will make their retention problem worse. Someone would have to be very desperate to work for just over £12.45 a shift more, and that's before taxes, n.i and pension is taken out, after you're looking at £10, extra a shift.

Towers45

What about managers, yet again all about the colleague

HalloweenJack

Full time GA will be on just under £20k afetr this

jgerry

No pay rise for bakers

barafear

All of the above "feedback" suggests that Tesco is providing this payrise out of the goodness of their heart - rather than responding to the fact that so many competitors have already announced similar "additional" pay increases - and more importantly the fact that the NLW from next April is likely to be around £10.20-£10.30 - therefore even if/though it should not come into effect until April 2023 (there's pressure for the Govt to bring it in earlier) it would still be an embarrassment for a large company like T to be "currently" paying below the soon to be "legal minimum"

In recent years, the "above inflation" increases in the minimum wage have caused a squeeze on the next level of jobs (e.g. supervisor roles) because companies are not obliged to increase all pay grades by this above inflation increase - therefore, it creates this squeeze - it is a well known "side effect" of how the minimum wage works - of course, if companies had "paid all their staff fairly" for the last 5+ years, this would not be as much of an issue - but all companies (Across all industries) pay as little as they can afford/get away with.

Will there be a need for Team Support when we are all replaced by automation - just need trained "self serve till/other machinery" operatives!!

NeglectedBaker

That can't be true about bakers, where did that info come from?

jgerry

Quote from: NeglectedBaker on 05-10-22, 11:12AMThat can't be true about bakers, where did that info come from?
only b/c grade colleagues

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: barafear on 04-10-22, 01:39PMLikely to be around 25p an hour I'd guess and simply a way to avoid the embarrassment of potentially being below the NLW (from April) which is likely to be announced in the next six weeks or so.

So, if T do give us another pay rise - will it be like all the others and need to wait about 4 months before we get it - maybe in time for Valentines day if we're lucky!!
From Nov 13th 🙂

Morris999

Quote from: username12345 on 05-10-22, 09:06AM
Quote from: 5fdp on 05-10-22, 08:33AMDid I miss something. No pay rise for mgrs. Cost of living must not apply to them.

Shift lead and team support are the same. I think it's terrible. They didn't even get the 5.5% that was stated on the poster for the first pay rise and now nothing this time.

Quote from: jgerry on 05-10-22, 10:49AMNo pay rise for bakers

Quote from: NeglectedBaker on 05-10-22, 11:12AMThat can't be true about bakers, where did that info come from?

Quote from: jgerry on 05-10-22, 11:17AM
only b/c grade colleagues

All colleagues are on pay grade b/c so all colleagues will get the rise.
Then on top of that you get the skills payment to take you to grade D/bakers/shift/team leaders etc.

chris9997

In one of the news articles tesco actually have said that to cut cost and be more efficient more self checkouts to be installed.

NightAndDay

Quote from: barafear on 05-10-22, 11:08AMAll of the above "feedback" suggests that Tesco is providing this payrise out of the goodness of their heart - rather than responding to the fact that so many competitors have already announced similar "additional" pay increases - and more importantly the fact that the NLW from next April is likely to be around £10.20-£10.30 - therefore even if/though it should not come into effect until April 2023 (there's pressure for the Govt to bring it in earlier) it would still be an embarrassment for a large company like T to be "currently" paying below the soon to be "legal minimum"

In recent years, the "above inflation" increases in the minimum wage have caused a squeeze on the next level of jobs (e.g. supervisor roles) because companies are not obliged to increase all pay grades by this above inflation increase - therefore, it creates this squeeze - it is a well known "side effect" of how the minimum wage works - of course, if companies had "paid all their staff fairly" for the last 5+ years, this would not be as much of an issue - but all companies (Across all industries) pay as little as they can afford/get away with.

Will there be a need for Team Support when we are all replaced by automation - just need trained "self serve till/other machinery" operatives!!

I think the decision to not give shift leaders a pay raise is poor strategic planning, in Superstore you might just about get away with it, but in Express where SMs are running duties more than managing currently, it will only exacerbate current operations. This will go down as well as Kwasi Kwartengs mini budget, and unfortunately for Tesco, there is no outside independent body to avert the upcoming operations crisis.

5fdp

The only way salaried staff can make their voices heard is to not do sunday overtime and no bank Holidays or covering extra shifts. With Christmas coming up and another 3 day break each week the SM would certainly sit up and take notice. But I know mgrs need the extra money that sundays and BH give them, but no pain no gain. That's what a good union would provide. SUPPORT. Many mgrs got c**p pay awards when the staff where getting 5%.

NightAndDay

Are TMs still paid £22k a year at the lowest rung, I don't see it personally but if it is the case, a full timer CA working Sundays would only be on about £1.5-2k less a year than a TM. In fact, Shift Leaders would be paid more.

dairyfresh

Shift leaders team support go to 12.16 from 11.96

dairyfresh

Quote from: jgerry on 05-10-22, 10:49AMNo pay rise for bakers
Skilled bakers go to 11.23 from 11.03

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk