News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:14AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 289
Total: 293

20% off for colleagues

Started by amex, 06-12-21, 10:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amex

Can someone clarify when the 20% discount starts and ends with any other details please.  I recently retired and can't access colleague site anymore, only what I can read on here.  TIA

renown

Tuesday 14th December till Monday 20th December.

adamski26

From colleague help*

Christmas 20% discount event - 2021

To thank you for everything you've done this year, we're increasing colleague discount to 20% from Tuesday 14 December until Monday 20 December 2021*

FAQs

Q. Does the 20% discount event between 14 and 20 December replace the four day 15% discount event already communicated?

A. Yes.

Q. Will F&F colleague discount remain at 20% during future discount events?

A. Yes. F&F will remain at 20% discount and Tesco Café will remain at 25% discount.

Q. How do I check how much discount allowance I have left?

A. You can check your remaining discount allowance any time you want to - just head to the Colleague Clubcard area of the Reward & Benefits page of Our Tesco.

Q. Will the 20% discount event go towards my discount allowance?

A. Yes. The full 20% discount will be debited from your allowance.

Q. I have already used my annual discount allowance, will I be able to take part in the 20% discount event?

A. If you have used your annual discount allowance for this year you will not be able to take part in the 20% discount event, and the additional saving will not be applied to your purchases.

Q. What about my second cardholder?

A. You and your second cardholder (if you have one) can both take part in enhanced discount events, provided you have not reached your £1,000 annual discount allowance.

Q. What does this mean for seasonal or temporary colleagues?

A. It depends when they joined Tesco. All colleagues who reach 12 weeks service will automatically receive their Colleague Clubcard direct to their home address, if this is before the 20% discount event in December, they'll be able to take part.

Orders on Tesco.com

If you have placed a Grocery Home Shopping order and you have chosen delivery/collection during the 20% colleague discount event, please note that the 20% colleague discount will not show on the checkout summary until the events starts. Prior to the event starting, it will show the 10% colleague discount.

Colleagues will also see 20% colleague discount applied on their grocery home shopping receipt (customer delivery note).

* This replaces the 15% December payday event. Colleague Clubcard holders only, in-store and online. Usual colleague discount exclusions apply – see Colleague Clubcard T&Cs on Colleague Help for full details. Minimum unit pricing applies in Scotland & Wales.

amex

Thanks for that info. They really should send letter or emails to retired colleagues. 

amex

Letters are going out, a few of my friends have had them. 👍

Aunt sally

Its now been changed please have a look on ourtesco

adamski26

? ?

NO IT HASN'T . .

Christmas 20% discount event - 2021

To thank you for everything you've done this year, we're increasing colleague discount to 20% from Tuesday 14 December until Monday 20 December 2021*

FAQs

Q. Does the 20% discount event between 14 and 20 December replace the four day 15% discount event already communicated?

A. Yes.

Q. Will F&F colleague discount remain at 20% during future discount events?

A. Yes. F&F will remain at 20% discount and Tesco Café will remain at 25% discount.

Q. How do I check how much discount allowance I have left?

A. You can check your remaining discount allowance any time you want to - just head to the Colleague Clubcard area of the Reward & Benefits page of Our Tesco.

Q. Will the 20% discount event go towards my discount allowance?

A. No. We've listened to your feedback and made changes - whatever you buy during the 20% event will not go towards your discount allowance. Normal Colleague Clubcard conditions will resume after the event on Tuesday 21 December 2021.

Q. I have already used my annual discount allowance, will I be able to take part in the 20% discount event?

A. Yes, all Colleague Clubcard holders will be able to take part in this 20% discount event.

Q. What about my second cardholder?

A. You and your second cardholder (if you have one) can both take part in enhanced discount events, provided you have not reached your £1,000 annual discount allowance.

Q. What does this mean for seasonal or temporary colleagues?

A. It depends when they joined Tesco. All colleagues who reach 12 weeks service will automatically receive their Colleague Clubcard direct to their home address, if this is before the 20% discount event in December, they'll be able to take part.

Orders on Tesco.com

If you have placed a Grocery Home Shopping order and you have chosen delivery/collection during the 20% colleague discount event, please note that the 20% colleague discount will not show on the checkout summary until the events starts. Prior to the event starting, it will show the 10% colleague discount.

Colleagues will also see 20% colleague discount applied on their grocery home shopping receipt (customer delivery note).

* This replaces the 15% December payday event. Colleague Clubcard holders only, in-store and online. Usual colleague discount exclusions apply – see Colleague Clubcard T&Cs on Colleague Help for full details. Minimum unit pricing applies in Scotland & Wales.

Sarah106

They have changed the bit where it asks if it counts towards your annual allowance

Spinney

25% on wine finishes? 1 day after buying at 20% discount! Baileys offer finishes the day before! Why 20% discount starts on Tuesday and not pay day baffles me!!

Spinney

Thankyou for your service we let you have 1 day to stock up on your c**p wage! I am willing to take strike action

adamski26

Apologies.

From Colleague help*

A. Yes, all Colleague Clubcard holders will be able to take part in this 20% discount event.

5fdp

Good idea skinny, however , we would need to change our union. This is because a few years back Usdaw made an agreement with tesco that they would not endorse any kind of strike action instores. Hence nothing regarding pay rises of 6% for stores. We were sold down the river.  They have the opinion that the staff instore are women who really don't care and lots of little men who bitch and moan about everything tesco but will never leave  as they couldn't survive in the big bad world.
I'm not sure but there might be a few in this site.

Spinney

Outside unions best way forward ! I've been in 1 since I started they hate it aswell

horatiocain

I've been a union member of various unions since 1995, when I started working my first full time job, and it was USDAW  I only worked there for 6 months before moving on and joined the union for the next workplace  all they way until 2018 I was a happy unionist.
Since then  in Tesco I watched USDAW let the 3 good reps go, I sacked illegally and never fought for another made redundant to get them out  and the last, a fantastic rep who should have been an AO, stepped down because he was too co confrontational for Tesco.

It's when my faith in the union movement fell away, the problem for me was that the union wasn't standing for its members anymore.

But I'm constantly reading on here about the non strike agreement.

THERE IS NO NON STRIKE AGREEMENT.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is outright wrong.

The strike ballot is not likely to be called because of a lack of support  because of who the people are.
There are problem with the union  bit let's base these on facts

Spidercatcher

My niece has worked in a small garage/shop since July 2021 - she received a £50 gift card for Tesco from her employer for Xmas.

Neighbour's daughter works for another small(ish) firm. Similar - £40 Tesco gift card.

Actual Tesco (big massive firm) workers - 20% off their shopping for a few limited days.  No vouchers, no gift cards, nothing of any great significance.  Brilliant. Great. Very generous.

Slow handclap for Tesco.

I feel valued.   :thumbdown:

Spinney

Spidercatcher I think usdaw are totally the wrong Union to be in ,if u work for tesco as the partnership !!!! Do tesco fund Usdaw for partnership? Make contributions as political parties get from unions! Not been in Usdaw and will avoid them big time! Money grabbers! If only members knew where there contributions were spent!  And I am in a union

adamski26

25% 6 bottles wine extended until 19th . .

lessforlife

Does anyone know if there is a minimum amount you have to spend on the wine, someone in our store has said it's £6.50 to receive 20% off?

adamski26

In England * Excludes wine under £5, boxed & fortified wine. New POS should arrive today instore to be displayed from tomorrow. .

emx279

I brought some stuff when I finished work this morning at 06.43 and I only got 15 per cent off?

whatajoke2019

Apparently the receipt is saying 15% but when you work out the saving it is 20% that's actually come off?

BUY TESLA STOCK

Why would you shop in store where you work. Go to Lidl much cheaper.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Spidercatcher on 11-12-21, 11:27PM
My niece has worked in a small garage/shop since July 2021 - she received a £50 gift card for Tesco from her employer for Xmas.

Neighbour's daughter works for another small(ish) firm. Similar - £40 Tesco gift card.

Actual Tesco (big massive firm) workers - 20% off their shopping for a few limited days.  No vouchers, no gift cards, nothing of any great significance.  Brilliant. Great. Very generous.

Slow handclap for Tesco.

I feel valued.   :thumbdown:
Actually it's because if they give gift card etc it's classed by HMRC as taxable. Many years ago we did get gift vouchers until HMRC changed the rules. In some cases the 20 pound voucher would put a colleague over the tax free limit and for 20 quid they got hammered 40 in tax.

[gmod]Please try not to put your own comment within other member's post.[/gmod]

hornimans135

Do we get 15% colleague discount still on pays days going forward.

eversor

yes, 15% has been confirmed instore with leaflets delivered.  They're sticking with the Friday to Monday this year every payday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk