News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 10:44AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 436
Total: 436

Amended lighter duties

Started by dfl, 29-10-21, 03:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

Im a dotcom driver and have line from doc and upcoming appointment at hospital with general surgery consultant due to ongoing stomach pain (3 months ongoing) heavy lifting has been advised to avoid in case it aggravates the condition, was off for 7 weeks then opted to go back if light duties, doctor has supplied lines without issue for "amended" duties but now tesco are pushing me to go on click and collect which in our store means pulling stuff out and back into the van constantly as customers come in no set order and vans nearly always full but cant be snaked as delivery vans can.

Question is can tesco go down route of dismissal without first perhaps getting o.h. involved.

Manager was willing to arrange in shop work before i came back after being off but doesnt seem in same frame of mind now that im back. (Currently driving with new drivers to make my hrs up).
DFL

horatiocain

They cannot dismiss you onhealth grounds without an up to date OH report.

Secondly they can amend your duties to include no heavy lifting  remember you're not asking them to make a job  you're asking to amend the duties you currently do  its the other side of their sgitty contracts  as we are expected to do other duties we can require them as adjustments to  either temporary or permanent.
As the resources of the whole company are what must be considered  not just your store or department.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk