News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:01PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 314
Total: 317

July the 19th

Started by lemons84, 13-07-21, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemons84

So, have Tesco decided on what's happening with staff and customers wearing face coverings from July the 19th?

Will things stay the same or not?

Or will they in typical Tesco fashion, make it up on the day?

Night Owl

Heard today Store Managers are on a conference call Thursday probably about 19th July and masks etc

NightAndDay

Bojo has stayed silent on the 19th July date, there's an awful lot of scrutiny over his decision making around that date and beyond, It's usually a sign he's going to contemplate delaying removal of restrictions further, I'm guessing by a month.

lol its me

not even half the country has had second jab, what a clown bozo is

lackofinterest

whatever the government rules state then thats what happens in tossco!!!!

Welshie

I think Tesco will be spinning , masks still going to be mandatory in Scotland and Wales, northern Ireland have not yet decided and the mayor of London wants them to continue there . I hate them but will continue to wear mine although I'm double jabbed and with cases over 42thousand today and hospital admissions on the rise I do hope they backtrack.  Cancer operations already being cancelled in Leeds due to no icu beds .

StinkyPoo

I'll carry on wearing my mask whilst shop is open. Also when shopping elsewhere and on the bus. I think it is the right thing to do, however efficient mask wearing actually is! Saves smelling people's bad breath!

Theodore

I think it's pretty certain mask wearing will remain a requirement for all staff. Tesco won't want to risk the negative publicity and I'll bet all the major retailers will do the same..

That's your "freedom day" in a nutshell.

lackofinterest

f*** their negative publicity. if customers dont wear masks then i won't be wearing one!!!

jester21

I dont want to wear a mask if i dont need to the only problem wearing one in my store i work 6pm-11pm it gets to hot and gets really uncofortable wearing it thats the only probloem i have in wearing a mask that tesco have the heating on that high it can get really unbareable where your gonna pass out! but i can see both sides of the story in having to carry on wearing and not wearing them!

rayinski

A quick look on the BBC News website found this :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57839990

lol its me

"encourage" is the important word here! meaning that they encourage it wont wont enforce it or even care

Morris999

Yes encourage to wear them, and we all know regardless of what some want they cannot enforce the wearing of them for Colleagues or Customers!

trivi

Encouraged but not enforced is the official comms

Halftone84

I strongly encourage my boss to give me a pay rise ...

Pancakes

Will 24 hours opening also restart on Monday?

adamski26

Updated POS; respect everyone's space and let's be on the safe side the two messages.
Shop alone goes.
Encourage face masks but we can't enforce with customers, I want to be clear we can not enforce this.
Keeping entrance and exit.
Hygiene stations stay and working on replacements for the lifebuoy stations that don't break quickly.
Central Tannoy message of safety.
Keeping floor stickers, tape should be removed. Panels on promo ends remove as damaged but will not be replaced.
All our cleaning measures stay.
Screen stay up at tills/CSD.
Toilets back to normal.
Colleague rooms stays as is; only sit where stated, clean the table and chair when u have finished and use the training room as an overflow.

Whilst face masks are no longer enforced I would strongly insist you keep your masks on for your and your families protection we will have people come in refusing to wear one I really want you to stay as safe as possible. I have asked the question of back areas where we have social distancing in place.

Halftone84

"strongly insist" %uD83D%uDE02

The fact Tesco barely enforced it from day 1 with all the scummy people blagging exemptions, I won't be wearing one if given the choice.  The amount of times this year over heard "can't wear a mask, got asthma, 20 Benson please" ...

It's all been a show, we'll make sure staff do to protect customers, but we won't actually have the bottle to question anyone to protect the staff.

NightAndDay

I very much put the blame with the law makers over that provision, they're paid £10,000 a day to wipe their ass, eat their jam roly polys and pass this nit wit drivel as law.

Hammer10

Anyone else been told to isolate by test and trace. Got told to get a urn number and ring 111 to get the isolation cancelled .I tried but the person on the phone said you cannot do that.

Cinderella

Quote from: adamski26 on 16-07-21, 10:27AM

Updated POS; respect everyone's space and let's be on the safe side the two messages.
Shop alone goes.
Encourage face masks but we can't enforce with customers, I want to be clear we can not enforce this.
Hygiene stations stay and working on replacements for the lifebuoy stations that don't break quickly.
Keeping floor stickers, tape should be removed. Panels on promo ends remove as damaged but will not be replaced.
Toilets back to normal.
Colleague rooms stays as is; only sit where stated, clean the table and chair when u have finished and use the training room as an overflow.

Whilst face masks are no longer enforced I would strongly insist you keep your masks on for your and your families protection we will have people come in refusing to wear one I really want you to stay as safe as possible. I have asked the question of back areas where we have social distancing in place.

I'm surprised seeing this list - as a LOT of this was never implemented at my store!

lackofinterest

Shop alone goes.
Toilets back to normal.

masks don't protect the wearer they protect others. so by wearing a mask customers are protected but i'm not!

Juicylucy

Quote from: Halftone84 on 16-07-21, 12:55PM
"strongly insist" %uD83D%uDE02

The fact Tesco barely enforced it from day 1 with all the scummy people blagging exemptions, I won't be wearing one if given the choice.  The amount of times this year over heard "can't wear a mask, got asthma, 20 Benson please" ...

It's all been a show, we'll make sure staff do to protect customers, but we won't actually have the bottle to question anyone to protect the staff.

Yes to this! We were told to enforce it, refuse entry blah blah, all that happens is people say they're exempt when they're not (the whole group of 6 labourers all being exempt just seems far too unlikely) or just refuse and won't leave, sometimes causing issues to the point we've had to have police out. I got to the point a while ago where I stopped asking anyone as I was sick of the constant abuse! They have gotten away with it this whole time, now it's not mandatory we have no hope. Mask wearers will be the minority from tomorrow.
I personally won't be wearing a mask from tomorrow. Why should we have to wear them for 9 hours a day to protect the customers, when a customer can't wear one to protect me when they come in store for 2 minutes to buy a meal deal? Respect works 2 ways. If I find that the vast majority of customers do wear one I will happily reconsider, but considering the amount of people that didn't wear one, or wear one properly, when it was law I doubt that will be the case when it isn't.

Juicylucy

Whilst face masks are no longer enforced I would strongly insist you keep your masks on for your and your families protection we will have people come in refusing to wear one I really want you to stay as safe as possible.

But me wearing my mask isn't for mine and my families protection, it's for the protection of the ignorant and completely disrespectful customers who never even had the decency to wear a mask- which is what actually protects me- when it was law, never mind now it isn't.

taliahad

Quotemasks don't protect the wearer they protect others. so by wearing a mask customers are protected but i'm not!

Unless the masks are of a certain standard and worn in the correct way, then they don't protect anybody.  They're just theater props and I will no longer be wearing mine. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk