News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:09AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 280
Total: 283

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRonnie100

With regards to the management structure changes, how's everyone finding the levels of backstock instore at the moment esp as we have new shift leaders etc?

I guess the insanity hasn't quite hit with regards to fresh yet.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Do as you can and F off home don't take the TMs / leads s***.

Hazelgrif

New hourly holidays,     So as full timer over 5 days I normally get 34 days per year, now as it's done hourly and I work 8.45 hrs per day. I'm not entitled to the 34 days. Is this correct? On pay slip saying allowance 237.5 entitlement. ( yet colleagues is saying 241 hrs entitlement for samehrs and same amount of days.

Redshoes

Quote from: Hazelgrif on 14-12-21, 11:28PM
New hourly holidays,     So as full timer over 5 days I normally get 34 days per year, now as it's done hourly and I work 8.45 hrs per day. I'm not entitled to the 34 days. Is this correct? On pay slip saying allowance 237.5 entitlement. ( yet colleagues is saying 241 hrs entitlement for samehrs and same amount of days.

How much holiday you get depends on length of service. I have not heard of anyone working 8.45 hours a day. A normal working day is 7.5. I assume you are small format and don't get breaks. If that is the case I don't think this entitles you to extra holidays, it should mean you get paid for breaks you don't have.
I'm full time on max holidays and I get 30 hols, 8 bank hols and a personal day. The hols and bank hols are now combined into hours but the personal day is still a personal day.

NightAndDay

The holiday policy for pay last time I checked is based on whichever is the higher value over the last 6 months, your contracted pay or your average weekly pay. This was primarily to get around employers putting everyone on low hour contracts, giving them regular overtime and their holiday pay being what their contracted pay is.

Prince of Darkness

I'm interested in how you arrive at that from the existing structure. What happened to the front end Team Supports and what were they offered? We have four TS covering checkouts, CSD & PFS etc and only one is full time (doing four earlies and a day shift). The remainder do a mix of earlies, days, pm shifts (15-24), short evenings (eg 18-24) and Sunday (08-17), all doing the same shifts each week.

As I understand it the new structure shift leaders are on Express style any 5 shifts out of 7 days contracts - do they do nights or does this generally have its own structure?
[admin][/quote] please take care using quote function.[/admin]

That may be the aim of the new structure in Extras, however that is not what the new structure will look like in a lot of Superstores.
The store I'm currently in goes to the following:

1 Team manager covering Frontend -Checkouts, Self-serve, SAYS,CSD,PFS,Community & Trollies
1Team Manager covering Fresh- Produce, Dairy, Meat, Bakery/Plant Bread, Grab & Go & Cash office
1 Team Manager looking after the rest- Grocery,HH, BWS,Frozen, H&B,Non Food,Clothing, Warehouse, seasonal, Stock Control & Wages/Admin
1 Team manager on nights/PI

Then the equivalent of Shift Leaders to cover 24/7 a week!
And no Team Support on frontend or any Lead team apart from the SM.

On top of that we are down for C&C in the new year which won't have a permanent manager/Team support or Shift leader looking after the initial 12 weeks!
It will go to either the Team manager looking after Frontend or Ambient!

Oh and I forgot 1 Team Manager sat in the Phone Shop, playing games and updating their social media pages.
[admin][/quote] please take care using quote function.[/admin]

lordadmiral

Just from curiousity  ( work and pay balance) I am wondering is it worth to pick up shift  leader role in superstore.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Prince of Darkness on 23-01-22, 10:20AM

Oh and I forgot 1 Team Manager sat in the Phone Shop, playing games and updating their social media pages.

I find it amusing that a manager is complaining about another manager playing on their mobile phone and updating their facebook. I mean managers are not exactly run off their feet are they when they spend 90% of their time in the admin office chatting and in the SMs office when its their day off day dreaming of it being their office.

adamski26

Unless you have Lead Mgrs - in Extra & Large Superstore, then all other formats Team Managers report to the Store Manager.

BUY TESLA STOCK

The shift leaders should report to the SM if they could get any.    (-*-)

AudiTTman

The whole management structure is ridiculous, in some stores there are managers managing 6 or 7 colleagues being managed by 1 team manager and then you have a fresh and a checkout manager managing 7x as many but getting either the same or less pay than them! Ridiculous!

ImBackBaby

Quote from: AudiTTman on 02-02-22, 07:23PM
The whole management structure is ridiculous, in some stores there are managers managing 6 or 7 colleagues being managed by 1 team manager and then you have a fresh and a checkout manager managing 7x as many but getting either the same or less pay than them! Ridiculous!

Thats why I left the role of a Dotcom manager, I was orgianlly over the drivers, with a team support. Team support stood down with the last round of structures changes and could not blame the fella. So i went from managing 64 drivers, including click and collect colleagues on my own, for the picking role to be given also to me as the picking managers couldnt cope with the role and what it was going throught at the time, so 64 colleagues orgianly to near 140 colleagues with only 2 shift leaders whilst the picking manager role took forever to fill and other managers only stepping in for a week at a time.

Complete and under ballix if you ask me. Colleagues think they have been hard done by, managers in retail get analy f***ed over daily.

RocketRonnie100

What department are you on now Imbackbaby?

Getting royally f***ed by Tos0s is a regular occurrence, they will keep on going at you until you cannot stand it any more, either go off with stress or leave.

It's that simple.

No matter how much money you're being paid, it's not worth lining the pockets of the generally greedy lazy fat cat store managers and directors who lets face it don't give a s**t about the customers or colleagues but only about getting themselves a blue review so they'll get more money.

It's all greedy and selfish and one day the colleagues will wise up and stop doing all the little extras like staying on for free etc.

Disgraceful.

VladPutin

Quote from: ImBackBaby on 03-02-22, 11:36AM
Quote from: AudiTTman on 02-02-22, 07:23PM

Thats why I left the role of a Dotcom m 8-)anager, I was orgianlly over the drivers, with a team support. Team support stood down with the last round of structures changes and could not blame the fella. So i went from managing 64 drivers, including click and collect colleagues on my own, for the picking role to be given also to me as the picking managers couldnt cope with the role and what it was going throught at the time, so 64 colleagues orgianly to near 140 colleagues with only 2 shift leaders whilst the picking manager role took forever to fill and other managers only stepping in for a week at a time.

Complete and under ballix if you ask me. Colleagues think they have been hard done by, managers in retail get analy f***ed over daily.

If you listen really carefully, you might just be able to make out the GA's playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Prince of Darkness

Our superstore has just lost nights replen in the latest round, but there's been no mention of a restructure of the existing management of SM, Lead, plus 5.5 managers going to the SM plus 3/4 plus Shift Leaders setup.

Do we think that losing nights is enough for the moment, or is the management restructure just around the corner for us? It'd make sense as I can't see any of the existing managers being too thrilled with midnight finishes or 0500 starts, whereas Shift Leaders opening and closing with the managers doing 0700-1600, ins and lates til 2200 as at the moment makes far more sense.

Prisoner14

Does anyone know what's happening with the senior team in superstores who don't have a job role & sit upstairs all day unless they go to the coffee shop,  they lost their role last year but they won't make them redundant either how long are they going to pay these people to do nothing?

lucgeo

8-) been asking the same question for the last ten+ years  8-)

Trouble with senior team managers, is that most have individually negotiated pay contracts...one in my old store, who used to be a store manager and stepped back to senior team, retained the SM salary with negotiation. They earn more than the resident GSM without the responsibility, and does duty every other Sunday!! Earns more on a Sunday, than most GA 's per week on part time hours!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Prisoner14

Honestly the amount of money they would save if they paid redundancy to get rid would be worth it . The moral would be better & the management team would actually talk to each other . Because her click gang would be gone .

ImBackBaby

Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 01:29PM

If you listen really carefully, you might just be able to make out the GA's playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Yup, and good thing you told me that because I really give a toss what you and other GA's think.

VladPutin

Quote from: ImBackBaby on 03-02-22, 09:53PM

Yup, and good thing you told me that because I really give a toss what you and other GA's think.

Remember: without us, you're nothing. Just another loser in a cheap suit, sitting on his fat backside while the real workers do the stuff that actually matters. Even the morons at head officer are finally catching on to just how much deadweight there is in management.

But don't worry. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always find another job that suits the skillset you have developed as a Tesco manager.

We'll always need someone to clean the toilets.  ;)

Redshoes

Quote from: Prince of Darkness on 03-02-22, 05:05PM
Our superstore has just lost nights replen in the latest round, but there's been no mention of a restructure of the existing management of SM, Lead, plus 5.5 managers going to the SM plus 3/4 plus Shift Leaders setup.

Do we think that losing nights is enough for the moment, or is the management restructure just around the corner for us? It'd make sense as I can't see any of the existing managers being too thrilled with midnight finishes or 0500 starts, whereas Shift Leaders opening and closing with the managers doing 0700-1600, ins and lates til 2200 as at the moment makes far more sense.

As a superstore with no night shift the managers have been doing the 5am starts, and for us it's 2330 finishes, for years. We get used to anything in time. Grocery manager does five close down shifts a wk. Others are shared. It's hard when he is on holiday but extra hard when he is on holiday and somebody goes sick. It's a maths thing, whole shifts as only manager in the building. It is what it is though, very busy.

whatajoke2019

@Prisoner14 I wonder if we work in the same store? Sounds exactly like our store... As soon as we find out they are on holiday the atmosphere improves massively and when the time comes for them show their face (Halley's Comet makes more of an appearance  ;)) out come the ar5e kissers throwing their weight around like a child denied their sweets.

Ahsda

Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 10:08PM
Quote from: ImBackBaby on 03-02-22, 09:53PM

Remember: without us, you're nothing. Just another loser in a cheap suit, sitting on his fat backside while the real workers do the stuff that actually matters. Even the morons at head officer are finally catching on to just how much deadweight there is in management.

But don't worry. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always find another job that suits the skillset you have developed as a Tesco manager.

We'll always need someone to clean the toilets.  ;)

Lol you sound like a complete geek that can't get a better job and just moan about people that get paid more than you...
Yeah managers get paid more than us but we also have the choice to do their job, and we choose not to because...well why would I for minimum extra money.
So, unless I'm going to make a change I'll just get on with it,

Also what's wrong with cleaning the toilets? Is it beneath you?

[gmod] edited to remove personal insults[/gmod]

Hophop

It's hilarious that u edit the above guys post but leave vlads alone

spike_pkh

Just typical for this site, manager bashing/laughing at management redundancy etc is perfectly fine it seems, forgetting that managers are people too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk