News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 04:27AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,902
  • Latest: Adrian
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,414
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 481
Total: 481

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superscatty

I really feel for people with prospect of new contracts and new roles. Hoping everyone gets roles and hours they are okay with. Good luck everyone. It happened to my department three years ago on counters. I am still with Tesco thank goodness

lackofinterest

VladPutin

Quote from: Hammer10 on 12-02-22, 10:28PM
Stock control has been done wrong for past 25 years when I was a stock controller back in the 90 s we fully counted shopfloor and ware house every morning job 1 and job3 we corrected shelf capacities if needed and if out of stock we scanned as out of stock might have been long winded but never got stock problems we get today.

Stock control will almost certainly be the next department to go. Centre already calculates(wrongly)and allocates stock levels. All we need now is for some, "genius" at head office to come up with the idea of PR and counts being done by managers and GA's for their own departments. After all, it's not like we're busy or anything. 8-)

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: Superscatty on 14-02-22, 10:17PM
I really feel for people with prospect of new contracts and new roles. Hoping everyone gets roles and hours they are okay with. Good luck everyone. It happened to my department three years ago on counters. I am still with Tesco thank goodness

:o Wow!

lessforlife

Does anybody have any more information regarding the redundancy process, not heard anymore since we were told our night fill is going thanks

Couldntpossiblysay

Our night team going. Mostly over 50s so loads likely to take redundancy. Biggest annoyance is having no info on day shift replenishment shifts. Everytime we ask what's happening told don't listen to gossip and by the way we've not got a clue what's happening. I'll happily take redundancy since I'll get at least 14 months salary if my calculations are correct. Feel for the younger ones and those in early forties as they will need to stay on if even they are struggling with early starts and late finishes. Most folk do night shifts by necessity and in my case is to cover kids getting to school and sports. Area manager came in. Lovely guy and I actually chatted with him a while. Same message. Keep asking questions. Same answers. No bloody idea.
Tesco looks so unprofessional in announcing the night shift going and having no info for those affected bar will try to get you jobs during the day. I'm lucky I'm not bad financially but it's the lack of info and uncertainty which means I can't plan feck all after May the 1st. Jobs going is stressful at the best of times but info like when can we get a new job and still get redundancy should have been issued when they announced night shift was going. Two day shift managers already looking for other jobs. I can see only two loyal female managers staying. This is not going to be pretty come July in the store. Rumours also store managers now to cover two medium size stores.
Capitalism. Why are folk so blind to how much its screwing them. Loyalty and reward for hard work are now consigned to the history books.
I so feel for youngsters nowadays coming into the jobs market. I used to moan about them being snowflakes but even I as an old fart have to admit I'd be getting stressed going into the jobs market as a school leaver. I hope all the decent guys and gals get what they need. They don't deserve this. The lazy ones can go do one.

General Thorn

Agree completely with above post.

My store lost a third of it's staff 3 years ago and was a complete shambles as we are a very busy store. Had to have colleagues and managers from other stores coming and helping out for months afterwards. We're still an absolute joke as core hours are seemingly so low that overtime is used to fill shifts. If the shift is not filled then it's a shrug of the shoulders, we tried, or the shift leader has to step in and do what they can on top of all their other duties. Labels is a particular favourite as sometimes they have over 300 to do.

Our newest colleagues have been very young, some still at school and some doing college or uni courses. They are pressured into doing overtime and end up working 6 even 7 days. I feel so sorry for them as they really are used but need money whilst they are studying.

In the past few months, we've lost about 10 colleagues but only now are they advertising for 2 replacements and we are busier than ever  ??? :-X

NightAndDay

The thing is, Tesco can keep cutting, as long as there's an army of students and kiddies who don't mind being exploited for a tuppence an hour, the business will remain profitable.

grim up north

You missed another group of people NightAndDay, especially in distribution

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: NightAndDay on 16-02-22, 01:32PM
The thing is, Tesco can keep cutting, as long as there's an army of students and kiddies who don't mind being exploited for a tuppence an hour, the business will remain profitable.

It's going the way of McDonald's part time low hours and they don't care if people stay or not.

lackofinterest

going?? they've already gone!!  >:(

General Thorn

Quote from: NightAndDay on 16-02-22, 01:32PM

That may be workable in a city setting but when you're in a small town you run out of available youngsters and adults very, very quickly! Another thing Tesco has to face up to, is not everyone is eager to work for them. In a small town, people have seen how their friends and family employed by the company have been, and still are being treated, and really do not want to work for them.

NightAndDay

Tesco and other similar jobs expect and depend on high staff turnover, it is an industry designed to be bad. The thing about small town settings is that while there may be a smaller population, there also tends to be a smaller economy. I know many a store manager who abuse the reality of the economy to bypass disciplinary and investigation processes. Rather than go for a lets talk, he'd just say, "It's either Tesco or the dole queues."

penguin

Problem is plenty of jobs around right now and therefore managers taking such an approach might well find staff saying "fine I'll go elsewhere then" and best of luck to any staff who do.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

There is, but not in small towns away from the South. the economy is booming and it is a job seekers market, but not in areas that have always been economically deprived (The north East and most of Scotland) Tesco, poundland or the dole queues are a reality in many of these places.

Hellohello

See consultation meetings notes attached

lucgeo

8-) Think that's a big thanks to you, from all those going through this change  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lessforlife

Thanks for the info really helpful. May I just ask a question does anyone know what time the night window starts and finishes please?

Johnzo88

Nightshift is 10pm-7am usually. Although the Nightshift rate is only paid between midnight and 6am.

lessforlife

Thank you, I just wanted to check as I only work 2 nights one is a full night shift but the othe I start earlier and finish at 3.30am. I am just working out if I do 50% of my hours on nights thanks again.

NightAndDay

They say they're having recruitment challenges on nights so rather than make pay more enticing they cut the whole operation, the amount of work that's done on nights is hugely underestimated by Tesco, they'd rather save some money at the expense of a massive operations deficit, they think the customers won't notice the massive drop in availability and standards. This is a prime example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Many Express stores are already struggling with incompetent Shift Leaders/ Shift Leader shortages, cutting off the night operation and getting rid of the part time SL will basically make already suffering stores a massive red, blue and white bin.

Eskimo 2

I think it goes to show how big the divide is between head office and stores.  Most of those in the office have no experience and are dictated to by figures which results in the stores struggling. 

penguin

QuoteMany Express stores are already struggling with incompetent Shift Leaders/ Shift Leader shortages, cutting off the night operation and getting rid of the part time SL will basically make already suffering stores a massive red, blue and white bin.

Express shift leader shortage is massive in my local area, my local express has got through several over the last year, 2 stepped down, 1 walked and 1 was removed from the job after shall we say it went to her head and she was acting as if she ran the whole company, although a fair question would be how did she end up in the job to start with.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

fatlad

NightAndDay, similar thing happening in our store. We are massively short on dotcom drivers but instead of recruiting they are reducing the size of the operation  8-)

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: NightAndDay on 20-02-22, 02:38PM
They say they're having recruitment challenges on nights so rather than make pay more enticing they cut the whole operation, the amount of work that's done on nights is hugely underestimated by Tesco, they'd rather save some money at the expense of a massive operations deficit, they think the customers won't notice the massive drop in availability and standards. This is a prime example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Many Express stores are already struggling with incompetent Shift Leaders/ Shift Leader shortages, cutting off the night operation and getting rid of the part time SL will basically make already suffering stores a massive red, blue and white bin.

The night operation face up the store for ages. The dotcom trash it. The store lies like a bin for hours until the night crew start.  The customers won't see much difference. Was in an express today wasn't that busy but some daft ga had decked some juice. Was a right pain in the arse walking down the aisle. No night fill in busy express with narrow aisle yet night crew in busy extra stores with wide aisles. The express need night fill before the extras. Never understand the decking either. Is it not just double handling of stock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk