Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

25-01-22, 07:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 48864
  • Total Topics: 950
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Management restructure 2021  (Read 197207 times)

RocketRonnie100

Re: Management restructure 2021
« Reply #775 on: 14-12-21, 04:17PM »
With regards to the management structure changes, how’s everyone finding the levels of backstock instore at the moment esp as we have new shift leaders etc?

I guess the insanity hasn’t quite hit with regards to fresh yet.

TESLA lol

• Regular Pain
« Reply #776 on: 14-12-21, 11:26PM »
Do as you can and F off home don’t take the TMs / leads s***.

Hazelgrif

« Reply #777 on: 14-12-21, 11:28PM »
New hourly holidays,     So as full timer over 5 days I normally get 34 days per year, now as it’s done hourly and I work 8.45 hrs per day. I’m not entitled to the 34 days. Is this correct? On pay slip saying allowance 237.5 entitlement. ( yet colleagues is saying 241 hrs entitlement for samehrs and same amount of days.

Redshoes

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #778 on: 15-12-21, 09:57AM »
New hourly holidays,     So as full timer over 5 days I normally get 34 days per year, now as it’s done hourly and I work 8.45 hrs per day. I’m not entitled to the 34 days. Is this correct? On pay slip saying allowance 237.5 entitlement. ( yet colleagues is saying 241 hrs entitlement for samehrs and same amount of days.

How much holiday you get depends on length of service. I have not heard of anyone working 8.45 hours a day. A normal working day is 7.5. I assume you are small format and don’t get breaks. If that is the case I don’t think this entitles you to extra holidays, it should mean you get paid for breaks you don’t have.
I’m full time on max holidays and I get 30 hols, 8 bank hols and a personal day. The hols and bank hols are now combined into hours but the personal day is still a personal day.

NightAndDay

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #779 on: 15-12-21, 10:30AM »
The holiday policy for pay last time I checked is based on whichever is the higher value over the last 6 months, your contracted pay or your average weekly pay. This was primarily to get around employers putting everyone on low hour contracts, giving them regular overtime and their holiday pay being what their contracted pay is.

Prince of Darkness

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #780 on: 23-01-22, 10:20AM »
I'm interested in how you arrive at that from the existing structure. What happened to the front end Team Supports and what were they offered? We have four TS covering checkouts, CSD & PFS etc and only one is full time (doing four earlies and a day shift). The remainder do a mix of earlies, days, pm shifts (15-24), short evenings (eg 18-24) and Sunday (08-17), all doing the same shifts each week.

As I understand it the new structure shift leaders are on Express style any 5 shifts out of 7 days contracts - do they do nights or does this generally have its own structure?
Administrator Comment [/quote] please take care using quote function.

That may be the aim of the new structure in Extras, however that is not what the new structure will look like in a lot of Superstores.
The store I’m currently in goes to the following:

1 Team manager covering Frontend -Checkouts, Self-serve, SAYS,CSD,PFS,Community & Trollies
1Team Manager covering Fresh- Produce, Dairy, Meat, Bakery/Plant Bread, Grab & Go & Cash office
1 Team Manager looking after the rest- Grocery,HH, BWS,Frozen, H&B,Non Food,Clothing, Warehouse, seasonal, Stock Control & Wages/Admin
1 Team manager on nights/PI

Then the equivalent of Shift Leaders to cover 24/7 a week!
And no Team Support on frontend or any Lead team apart from the SM.

On top of that we are down for C&C in the new year which won’t have a permanent manager/Team support or Shift leader looking after the initial 12 weeks!
It will go to either the Team manager looking after Frontend or Ambient!

Oh and I forgot 1 Team Manager sat in the Phone Shop, playing games and updating their social media pages.
Administrator Comment [/quote] please take care using quote function.
« Last Edit: 23-01-22, 12:29PM by Nomad »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #781 on: 24-01-22, 01:24AM »
Just from curiousity  ( work and pay balance) I am wondering is it worth to pick up shift  leader role in superstore.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Can't wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #782 on: 24-01-22, 08:52AM »

Oh and I forgot 1 Team Manager sat in the Phone Shop, playing games and updating their social media pages.

I find it amusing that a manager is complaining about another manager playing on their mobile phone and updating their facebook. I mean managers are not exactly run off their feet are they when they spend 90% of their time in the admin office chatting and in the SMs office when its their day off day dreaming of it being their office.

Ahsda

« Reply #783 on: 24-01-22, 01:50PM »
Who should the Stock & Admin manager report to?