News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 09:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 104
Total: 107

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beentheredoneit

I thought, being as this is the largest management restructure for a while, it deserved to be a topic on it's own
it appears that every store is being categorised by turnover.
They will all have different structures
No redundancies.
Will probahly take several years to get where they want to be.
Remember - these are all soft changes, so no-one can be forced to do what they do not want to.
Good luck all.
beentheredoneit

whatajoke2019

Good luck indeed.

Looking at the Careers section of both Aldi and Lidl it's obvious, more than ever, the route in which we are headed.

I really thought DL was an absolute bell3nd but KM really is an hurry to fill his boots, and more.

Not surprised he hasn't, as yet, raised his head above the parapet-probably drinking Finest Champagne as we speak  >:(.

Still, I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around...

SwampDonkey

I'm a full time checkout team support in a superstore, I had my meeting today and the "off till activity" is exactly the same. It hasn't changed. I just don't see how they can drop my pay but still be expected to do the same activities. I'm still running the back.  :'( :'( :'(   

Colleague 3000000

Tesco's is doing us dirty.

We need to consider balloting for strike action.

whatajoke2019

Incredibly sorry to hear that SwapDonkey.

No doubt some faceless wonder if HO will try and justify it by saying look for another job, if you don't like it, knowing full well the job market is on it's backside at the moment.

Looking at some of the comments posted on the job losses in Sainsbury's people are not cool whatsoever with supermarkets making a tidy profit during the pandemic, us working hard (and putting up with some serious carp) only to thank us by screwing us over.

Davethebave

Surly the job has changed?

Will you still have to do colleague training?
Fill overtime?
Do rotas?
Update the tablet?
Etc

Or are you just expected to manage customers/look after breaks/ opening and closing routines?

SW2207

Quote from: SwampDonkey on 04-03-21, 12:07AM
I'm a full time checkout team support in a superstore, I had my meeting today and the "off till activity" is exactly the same. It hasn't changed. I just don't see how they can drop my pay but still be expected to do the same activities. I'm still running the back.  :'( :'( :'(
How will you pay drop?

SW2207

Quote from: Davethebave on 04-03-21, 01:12AM
Surly the job has changed?

Will you still have to do colleague training?
Fill overtime?
Do rotas?
Update the tablet?
Etc

Or are you just expected to manage customers/look after breaks/ opening and closing routines?

Th job has changed massively, a checkout out team support will now become a manager, doing rtw, training, reviews, note taking, attending incidents/accidents and reporting them aswell as still running the back with a headset on getting calls and managing idq! How is this even possible??

VladPutin

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 04-03-21, 12:31AM
Tesco's is doing us dirty.

We need to consider balloting for strike action.

Yeah, good luck with that. There are individual Reps who try their best. But the union as a whole have all the spine of a Jellyfish. 8-)

Decco1

It's already on colleague help the new role packs. For TM, LM, service support, shift leader. Shift leader looks to be different from service support. From reading the role pack pack it looks exactly the same as a TM. On the role pack it also mentions shift leader on nights.

I don't get what the plan is, to just wait for people to leave before this new structure is implemented fully? Surely that would take decades?

BlueToon

Quote from: VladPutin on 04-03-21, 06:39AM
Yeah, good luck with that. There are individual Reps who try their best. But the union as a whole have all the spine of a Jellyfish. 8-)

For once, I actually agree with Vlad :-)

Redshoes

Quote from: SwampDonkey on 04-03-21, 12:07AM

It's not the same tasks. Running the back of checkouts has only ever been part of the job. The booking of overtime, the filling out the flexi sheets, exceptions etc is part of the job too. The tablet work should now go to shift lead or manager. You will need access to the tablet for the breaks etc but this is not the same as inputting overtime requests, shift changes, balancing the overtime against authorised etc. Full breakdown is not available yet but some tasks now removed and reassigned.

SwampDonkey

It should go the the manager yes, we are still "expected" to help with overtime tablet work and training etc. All I can see is that we won't be doing welcome backs as "off till activity". I need to compare the "off till activity" next to the "service leader" or whatever they're called now. Just too see the difference properly.

Rumblerumble

Service Team Support role documents 1/2

Rumblerumble

Service Team Support Job Role Documents 2/2

Information from Help Centre via Our Tesco.

SwampDonkey

trolleyboy96

I feel this has been on the cards since the first team leader removal and it's a long term project, but I'm not sure what's next after this...maybe 1 store manager per 2-3 stores, this change feels like the end game and to be honest it feels the biggest from a structure change. The reason it's staggered is due to metro falling over when they did it one go.

The biggest 2 issue's I see is who in there right mind would do the off-till activity with no additional pay as while I agree in some stores team leaders havent been coached to deliver the task hence why the job is going, but unless the old team support want to pick up the off-till there will be many who will be just as happy taking a till. Big challenge in some shops.

The second is the operational control of depts, for example as stated before our Stock / Admin will get multiple depts operationally responsible yet how is that possible when it might be other managers have 40-50 staff within one operational area, these smaller areas are increasingly difficult to staff and cover shortfalls in schedules even combining them doesn't help, I think the end game will be colleagues work across boundaries and we will have very little definitive areas of work...

What this will do is force managers to stop filling and supplementing the heatmap which is poor at best of times 1-2-1 with colleagues on the shopfloor will stop and to be honest I find that the most rewarding part of the job.

The other thing is obv skill payments have a part to play, will we see csd payments removed next as in some stores they call duty for every decision and you have to ask why have the extra payment for little return, interesting times ahead.

whatajoke2019

Looking online it's six years since they first axed Team Leaders... Makes you wonder how long they are going to take to 'achieve' whatever it is they are up to.

Customer Services are having hours removed as part of the latest Heat Maps, aren't they, and in our store alone when they've been single manned on a Saturday (for example) when someone's on their break the queues have been horrendous.

Dread to think what it'll be like after Christmas when it's just contracted hours and people have a lot of returns... Customers aren't happy now!

One thing: are we also paying the price for J-ck's? Haven't heard anything very recently about how they are performing, new stores etc!

rogerthedodger

The plan will be to reduce managers each 6-12 months until such time as the new shift leaders can do the management task and all other work and pay etc has been landed. Its clear as day just need to look at the pack and details.
Best case for any store in the future will b a store manager with maybe 4 (lead line managers whatever the title) with some 6-8 shift leader (hourly paid)
That obvious

NightAndDay

It would make more sense to get rid of lead team, have Team managers assume the responsibilities of lead team and shift leaders to assume responsibilities of team managers, massive cost savings on wage bill that can be reinvested in more feet on the floor.

Rumblerumble

Has anytime checkout team support had their one to one yet,

I know we arnt loosing any in our shop, but are we job matched? Do we have to reapply?

burningskies

What do you mean by job matched? You'll be a service team leader? Or an off-till assistant?

Rumblerumble

As in if Im currently a Checkout Team Leader will move into The Service Team Leader role

Quote from: burningskies on 04-03-21, 11:37AM
What do you mean by job matched? You'll be a service team leader? Or an off-till assistant?

Villager No.6

Re: Service team job role documents. 2/2 What is and isn't my role.
What is meant by: What you shouldn't be doing, "Woking in silo...." Doesn't anyone read through these things before implementing them??  8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk