News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:37PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 281
Total: 283

No bonus

Started by Vinny1985, 04-02-21, 01:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike_pkh

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 07-05-21, 02:01PM
You can clearly see who the managers are  :D

It was a pay reduction for most of us on nights, personally I lost just over £650 and its a slow accumulation to get that back over years... Not over a short space of time... My pay is now less than when I started 10+ years back..... We lost our bonus, managers and distribution still get it, so it's a kick in the teeth for the hard work we do when they can still get it....

The ones who experienced all the c**p, the abuse, the spitting etc are the ones who got the lowest amount of bonus... So gotta be thankful they can bail and pass it on to someone else or just watch from the sidelines as a GA deals with it...

If you're referring to me with first part of your comment then sorry but wrong! Not management.

I also work nights and nobody i know of that works full shifts at night got a pay decrease, and if you have done the safety training you should know that you shouldn't get yourself into situations where you get abused.. if anyone was abusive or even attempted to spit at me I would happily walk away. Management in our store are very hard workers, at least on nights they are, who have been through the pandemic the same as the rest of us.

person7

is/was there another bonus?

just got another £77 "one off payment" in this months (tomorrow, 25th june 2021) payslip. but i wasnt told of any new bonus since the one few months ago.

not complaining.. just wish it was a permanent raise to be honest lol

whatajoke2019

I think it was announced back in March/April that hourly paid colleagues were getting a 2% 'one off' "thank you" bonus in this month's pay packet.

I just feel for those colleagues on paltry contracts in my store who've had hardly any overtime this past month or so-effectively means they've got nothing  :thumbdown:.

formercolleague

Hi all

I left tesco on the 3rd June having handed my notice in on the 27th may and I took that whole week as holiday. I worked Sunday 30th may 9-6, had the monday off as bank holiday. Did 1-10 on both the wednesday and thursday which was my final day. I'm assuming the money for that week and the weeks holiday before (not too sure if there's a rule regarding holidays before you leave) I should've received in today's pay? But I've only received £88. I'm pretty sure I've been underpaid here. Has anyone any idea what could've gone on and how I go about getting it sorted? I can't log on to the colleague thing where you view your payslip as it says my account has been suspended which has p*ssed me off as I have a pension set up so I'm pretty sure there's something not quite right here.

If anyone has an idea of what I should do then please get in touch!

Thanks!

NightAndDay

The tax year starts at the beginning of April, depending on how much holiday you've taken between 5th April and your last day, you may have taken more than you accrued, in which case, the excess will be deducted off your pay.

The bonus is a separate matter, but should be clearly defined, usually a % of your earnings in a given time frame and usually stipulates if it includes premium payments or overtime.

dairyfresh

For bonus you had to have still been employed by Tesco on the day it was paid.

amex

This is making interesting reading as I left/retired end of March, but had a one off payment today on my old employee number. I've got a different number for my pension, so when I access payslips I can see where it's coming from.  🤷‍♀️

person7

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 24-06-21, 10:28PM
I think it was announced back in March/April that hourly paid colleagues were getting a 2% 'one off' "thank you" bonus in this month's pay packet.

I just feel for those colleagues on paltry contracts in my store who've had hardly any overtime this past month or so-effectively means they've got nothing  :thumbdown:.

Thanks must have missed the memo when I was off 2 weeks in March lol

JFDI

Quote from: amex on 25-06-21, 08:49AM
This is making interesting reading as I left/retired end of March, but had a one off payment today on my old employee number. I've got a different number for my pension, so when I access payslips I can see where it's coming from.  🤷‍♀️

Amex, I am also a retired colleague. I too was issued a different number to access my payslips.
Are you able to view your payslips online?
I could only view my first two payslips then.... nothing. Its been over a year now. Am being told they only provide annual P60 now and if I want to see what I'm being paid to check with my bank? Or, alternatively, I can write to HO and request copies if I specify what dates I want!

amex

JFDI, yes I access payslips online. But you only get a pension payslip when there is a change in your pension payment, or at the beginning of the tax year.  I've only had 2 payslips so far. But I can still access payslips from my employment till March when I finished. That's where the bonus came from, which I was later told was because I was still considered with Tesco as I had retired but hadn't left the company.  My first payslip had a code to access online payslips.  You might need to contact your pension provider, either Standard Life or Legal and General depending on which pension you're receiving.  Or try the Tesco pension website or helpline. 

C-Dub87

Quote from: JFDI on 28-06-21, 11:06PM
Quote from: amex on 25-06-21, 08:49AM

Amex, I am also a retired colleague. I too was issued a different number to access my payslips.
Are you able to view your payslips online?
I could only view my first two payslips then.... nothing. Its been over a year now. Am being told they only provide annual P60 now and if I want to see what I'm being paid to check with my bank? Or, alternatively, I can write to HO and request copies if I specify what dates I want!

You can view all your work/pension payslips online with the HMRC personal tax account if your pension provider don't give them to you. They have to tell HMRC for taxes.

JFDI

Thanks for the steer.  :thumbup:

I actually still work for the big T so yes, I have an employee number and can view my payslips online.
I was a member of the old defined benefit scheme and hit NRA over a year ago. I was issued another number and was advised I could view my monthly payments also through "payslipview.com". 
The first two months were fine. Then nothing apart from as you say my P60. I was just curious to understand if you were still able to see your Tesco pension payslips.

I just find it annoying that I cannot see my monthly income. Of course I can look at my bank statement but that dosen't show me what tax code they are using, how much N.I. I'm paying etc. Of course I can find this out via HMRC, but really?  :thumbdown: :-X

NightAndDay

If you're still working for Tesco, you have a legal right to a payslip, if you've retired snd aren't working for Tesco, then it's a different set of rules to see your itemised pension payments.

BobJohnson

I don't think I got it either even though I worked those days

Nomad

Tesco to pay out nearly £50 million to staff members as 'thank you bonuses'

QuoteTesco has announced that they are set to award thousands of staff members with 'thank you bonuses' next month that will be worth nearly £50 million.

The British supermarket chain will pay up to 290,000 staff members across all departments as a way to say thank you for all their hard work over the past year.

Staff members across their stores, customer fulfilment and customer engagement centres will be provided with a bonus worth 1.25 per cent of their salary at the end of May.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lordadmiral

What is the qualifying date? For this bonus?

barafear

Permanent colleagues will receive the 1.25% Thank You payment based on hours worked between 4 April 2021 to 2 April 2022 and will receive this as part of their 27 May pay. Colleagues will need to have joined Tesco by 1 December 2021 to be eligible and still be employed on the payment date to receive. For more details, please see the thank you payment FAQs on Colleague Help.

NightAndDay

They didn't have a choice really, it's no coincidence this was announced shortly after the pay review, especially as their official policy is that non-managerial colleagues get no bonus and that other competitors still give out bonuses.

grim up north

Why have distribution got a higher bonus than store staff? Is it to do with the steering wheel or whatever it's called?

barafear

re Distribution Bonus>

It's entirely to do with the fact that they get an annual bonus and they recently threatened strike action which led to a deal which protected said bonus.

(well from what I've read).

GAs in stores are on completely different t&cs (worse) than distribution staff - we have very little in common - we are not able to threaten strike action - we cannot refuse the pay rise that Tesco offer us and ask for more -

lordadmiral

Quote from: barafear on 14-04-22, 01:56PM
Permanent colleagues will receive the 1.25% Thank You payment based on hours worked between 4 April 2021 to 2 April 2022 and will receive this as part of their 27 May pay. Colleagues will need to have joined Tesco by 1 December 2021 to be eligible and still be employed on the payment date to receive. For more details, please see the thank you payment FAQs on Colleague Help.

Oh well I wont get my £250 then. Thx for info.

Sherwoodforest

Its because distribution centres have to think faster than us regular store plebs,they have to rethink gravitational laws when stacking yoghurts on their side,or more ingenious ways to destroy cream cakes than the old cases of butter,juice or cheese,i couldnt thinnk that fast
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Twinkletoes

LOL @ sherwood.  They  are a special kind of special at the depot

Depotofdiscovery

I think you will find that several years ago the stores give up their annual bonus as part of one of your pay deals as where the Depots have never done this
The stores have received a bonus this year and last year at the discretion of the business

Depots have never given the bonus away to get a better pay offer so if you are looking for someone to blame for your low bonus this year compared with what the DC staff are getting then go and find the nearest mirror and get a good look and that will give you an idea of who to blame :P

NightAndDay

Yes, because of cause CA's can negotiate their own wage increases  8-) 8-) 8-)

USDAW "negotiates" on their behalf, and by negotiate I mean Tesco saying what they'll get and if they don't like it Tesco will stop propping up the low membership figures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk