News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:19PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Delivery protocol

Started by Mark calloway, 03-05-20, 11:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

Hi guys, we're in isolation for two weeks and we've got a delivery coming tomorrow. Whats the procedure for dropping the goods off?? Does the driver leave it on the doorstep then step away while I unload it?

Welshie

It will be bagged so providing you're not in a flat , he'll set totes down on doorstep , go get other totes while you empty first ones etc . Once emptied I slide the empty ones to the side with my foot . The driver will stay 2 metres away at all times . We know most of the drivers well and even when standing at the door having a matter they stayed at least 2metres away x

gomezz

I don't let the customer near the trays and lift the bags onto the doorstep myself while they stand back.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

fatboy

I knock on the door, stand back and explain subs etc then ask the customer to stay indoors with the door closed whilst making delivery. Put the bags on the doorstep then give them a knock when finished. Most of our drivers do the same & customers seem happy for us to do it this way.

Mark calloway

That's a good idea. That's fine with me. Cheers guys

gomezz

I should add I do not breath in or out while putting the bags on the doorstep but wait until I step back to do the next tray.  Similarly, I hold my breath my walking past someone who is seems a little too close for comfort.

Pathfinder

Question relating to delivery of whoosh !
What is the protocol if a member of staff fails to put an item in the bag for delivery for a whoosh customer ...after the driver has collected the order .
Manager has told staff to deliver left off in Thier own car to the customer. With no business insurance or insurance to deliver food to customers 
What is the process .

baldeagle

The word illegal springs to mind.

hesketh

Another "manager" who thinks it's right just because they say it is!

Just shake your head and walk away when they start spouting such drivel, let them escalate it if they want to......
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

forrestgimp

Quote from: Pathfinder on 14-10-21, 02:14PM
Question relating to delivery of whoosh !
What is the protocol if a member of staff fails to put an item in the bag for delivery for a whoosh customer ...after the driver has collected the order .
Manager has told staff to deliver left off in Thier own car to the customer. With no business insurance or insurance to deliver food to customers 
What is the process .

We had that happen many years ago when dot com first started (we were a trial store) a young lad eager to impress told the manager he would take extra orders in his car. He did he went round a corner too fast and rolled his car nearly killed himself and wrote the car off.

At first he was told it was his fault and he would get nothing until the union rep got involved and he had witnesses that heard the manager ask him to do it, then he got a cheque for a few K for a new car and nothing more was said except it was not done again well when I say not done again the manager involved did it a few times in her car.

gomezz

I confess I once went back to a disappointed customer in my car after my shift ended because instead of the 1.4Kgs of stewing steak they had asked for they had been given 140g which was not going to make a filling meal for their parents who were visiting the next day.

But that was very much the exception.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk