News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 12:00AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 300
Total: 302

Over 70s Isolation

Started by extrastore, 15-03-20, 05:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hf

What about those  that live with people in those categories? With how it is at work at the moment we have increased risk of catching it then passing it to them

Adywebb

If you live with someone that is over 70 or vulnerable due to health then you should be exercising the rules for social distancing to minimise risk. There is nothing else in place or recommended.

Tifa

I've read all that. My store manager posted it to but he is going with the second bit of it about steroids and hospital being the criteria.
He saying the first part is just about  social distancing .

Mollymoomoo

Quote from: Tifa on 19-03-20, 09:34PM
I've read all that. My store manager posted it to but he is going with the second bit of it about steroids and hospital being the criteria
Well he's wrong, see the link I posted to the policies.
Some managers literally don't care if you actually die! 

Tifa

I've spoke to someone who works in another store and her manager has said the same. And others have said they have been signed of straight away. It's madness how they make it up as they go along. You are so right as long as they get those shelf stocked they don't care.

Welshie

Quote from: Hf on 19-03-20, 08:49PM
What about those  that live with people in those categories? With how it is at work at the moment we have increased risk of catching it then passing it to them

You can take holidays , time in lieu or an unpaid lifestyle break.  You are not entitled to the 12 weeks paid .
I have to say our store has been great with all vulnerable staff , encouraged them to utilize new policy . Actually impressed with how they're dealing with it now .

dotnochance

If that’s right people won’t get the 12 weeks paid then I can see very few venerable staff being able to afford it.

alf

I believe welshie means simply living with someone vulnerable is not sufficient in order to be eligible for what tesco is offering (10 weeks paid, 2 weeks holiday, 12 weeks altogether).

i.e. if you are a staff member and fall under the vulnerable umbrella, you are paid for the 12 weeks. 

dotnochance

That’s kind of a relief, as I have asthma/get bad chest infections I think I might fall under the 12 week group, no idea though since trying to get info out of management is like getting blood out of a stone

penguin

Our SM has actually contacted all those who are able to take the 12 weeks off, and told them to do so, he knows several of them are more than likely not going to have e-mail on a phone, so might not have seen todays updates like most of us do for one reason or another, he has only been our store manager for a few weeks but is going out of his way to support everyone during this corona situation, and has complained time and time again to his boss and head office to no avail that staff should be able to come in to work with a facemask if they wish, I know some really awful store managers about I have had the misfortune to work under several over the years but some are really making an effort right now and that should be pointed out alongside the bad ones.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Grassa

Quote from: hornimans135 on 17-03-20, 03:02PM
I have Asthma,Diabetes and COPD the Government say I should self isolate for 12 weeks to protect/shield my self.
Tesco it seems, unless anyone knows better,  says I cant do that, anyone know what I can do.
I am very upset. I need help .

I too have COPD and have done my last shift for a while Tesco will pay you for your basic hours

dotnochance

Did you have to tell your manager or did they tell you that you could take the 12 weeks off?

uklions

im worried to take the 12 weeks off (2 weeks holiday) as i have flu jab every year drs orders and take a steroid inhaler......incase they change my working hours while off, i'm on contracted hours mon to fri 35 hours week been Tesco 16 years

Adywebb

This does not effect your contracted hours in any way so don’t worry  :thumbup:

Redshoes

Emails sent out yesterday by company and union. If you did not get email its says all info online. Basically if vulnerable to self isolate, paid from day one. If ill, self isolate, paid from day one. Interesting thing is the union says face masks don't help, it says you need the ones that fit flush without a gap on the side.

fannybawsthe3rd

Line managers and duty saying there's a difference between self-isolating and social distancing, arguing that even though you're in the vulnerable category you can still come to work if your doctor is advising social distancing but not specifically self-isolation.  Nit picking to get out of paying and telling people they've not to go out of the house methinks!

Fixxer

I understand all the Vulnerable people, that the store were aware of, got a phone call from the SM Yesterday and reassured personally that they would get paid for the 12 weeks (with 2 of it as leave as per the announcement) and that they weren't to come back before Thursday 12th June. Anyone who needed to notify the store they were in the vulnerable category could do so via phone and it would be taken care of.
They seem to be doing good by the staff as far as the policies will allow.

fannybawsthe3rd

I fall into the vulnerable category due to heart disease, very well documented in my attendance history etc, yet I got no phone call.  My doctor advised me that I am also classed as vulnerable due to necessary yearly flu jab and that I should social-distance.  Work are trying to differentiate and say I've not to leave the house!  I'm not self-isolating but I am vulnerable as outlined via Tesco's guidelines through NHS link in email. ??

lucgeo

I'm not getting your post? Are you saying you want to go to work?
If you come under the vulnerable category, you phone the store to state you are such, and advise you will be taking the government stance regarding specified recommended leave of absence!

Unsure what you mean that they're saying your not to leave the house?? Are they stating they're putting you under some sort of curfew?? Under some sort of house arrest, and if you are seen outside there will be repercussions  ??? :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Adywebb

Quote from: fannybawsthe3rd on 20-03-20, 10:05AM
I fall into the vulnerable category due to heart disease, very well documented in my attendance history etc, yet I got no phone call.  My doctor advised me that I am also classed as vulnerable due to necessary yearly flu jab and that I should social-distance.  Work are trying to differentiate and say I've not to leave the house!  I'm not self-isolating but I am vulnerable as outlined via Tesco's guidelines through NHS link in email. ??
I would advise you to take the 12 week absence, its your choice of course but you will have to sign the new disclaimer form if you insist on remaining at work.
Lets make it clear you are NOT self isolating, you are Social Distancing (there is a difference) and you are able to leave your home to shop etc if you wish taking the relevant precautions.

Mollymoomoo

My manager is "leaving it up to me" therefore playing it down because I feel well at the moment. Saying I might have even had the virus already and not noticed!

gomezz

Quote from: fannybawsthe3rd on 20-03-20, 09:24AM
Line managers and duty saying there's a difference between self-isolating and social distancing, arguing that even though you're in the vulnerable category you can still come to work if your doctor is advising social distancing but not specifically self-isolation
They are right about the first part but wrong about the second.  Though personally I am waiting until the government imposes strict social distancing on the elderly and vulnerable before crying off work.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Blackcat3

I've been asked about steroid inhalers my concern is with everywhere closed more people are going to come into contact with staff there is no way you can be 1 metre away from everyone!!!

Fun girl

My store manager told me today am not at risk because am type 2 diabetic so a dont get it is this true because on the list it just says diabetes

chris9997

Go to our tesco latest Info on covid 19
Click on link for NHS guide it states diabetes does not say which however it does say if you are eligible for flu jab. Onmedical grounds  you are includec

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk