News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:06PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 289
Total: 293

Sickness policy

Started by Gooner73, 02-03-20, 09:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

You were wrong to leave no matter how sick  without Informing your manager or duty manager personally But  when you did your welcome back you should have been told that it was going to investigation/disciplinary  and then been given a letter for a meeting and offered a union rep .  It can not be a case of going in and being sacked without proper process .

gomezz

If you have the Sick Phone number then ringing that should get you in touch with Duty to let them know you need to go home.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

wespie

I went from dotcom to produce,
I have been there 3months as I have received my colleague clubcard
I thought going from dotcom to produce it meant I was permanant plus when I log into Tesco website it says peemenant
but duty manager has it down that I am only temporary or some reason,. When I moved departments I was made to go into the diary and write my holidays in and they have been confirmed as I received the little slip of paper to say my holidays on it.
Sickness I had was vomitting and diarrhea on the Friday night, done everything correct by phoning in sick to be told by the duty manager that I had to go in to work so I followed orders and went in to work.

1man2jobs

that is disgusting. you rang in sick with plenty of notice, it should be honoured that you were telling the truth at that point of contact. they have to investigate why you were told to specifically come in when you in fact followed process to advise the store that you are unwell. don't back down. good luck.

barafear

as usual, tesco policies not overly opaque and clear.

So quick question:

Company sick pay is a top up to SSP to mean the employee gets their contracted pay whilst off sick.

My question is:

What counts towards contracted pay?

If I am contracted on a Sunday - will I get my Sunday premium as part of CSP?
Also, if I am in a store which pays location pay, is that also included?

Many thanks

NightAndDay

2 things, firstly shouldn't it be transparent not opaque, as opaque would imply you can't see through the process.

Secondly, If you're contracted sunday your weekly calculated pay will take into consideration the sunday premium, you should be able to request a copy of your employment contract and see the weekly amount for yourself, if you do the calculation of your core hours and sunday or night premium it should add up to the amount shown on the contract. That means that your company sick pay should include the premiums.

I'm however not sure on location pay, but you can find out by requesting a copy of your contract and doing some calculations on the weekly pay part of the contract.

fatboy

Just needing some clarification on the sickness policy if anyone can help. I am on the old contract so have 3 waiting days for sick pay. I was off sick for a few weeks and obviously wasn't paid for the first 3 days and returned to work about a month ago. I have had 1 day off sick this week & wondered if I will be paid for it? It does say in the policy that if you are off again within 6 weeks that the 3 waiting day rule wouldn't apply but wondered if this is just for if it is for the same reason as the 1st absence. Hope that makes sense!!

Gkriver

Hi, wondering if anyone can help answer a query re the 3 waiting days when sick? I'm currently off sick on a 3 wk sick note issued by the hospital, I had a planned operation and when I checked the Tesco absence policy it says pre planned operations mean the 3 waiting days are reinstated. Found out today that my wages are short by the three days!  Does anyone know how this should work please? I don't have a wages clerk I can contact as my manager does the wages as I'm in Express and she isn't in to ask. Any help appreciated 🙂

Welshie

Quote from: fatboy on 05-03-21, 09:40AM
Just needing some clarification on the sickness policy if anyone can help. I am on the old contract so have 3 waiting days for sick pay. I was off sick for a few weeks and obviously wasn't paid for the first 3 days and returned to work about a month ago. I have had 1 day off sick this week & wondered if I will be paid for it? It does say in the policy that if you are off again within 6 weeks that the 3 waiting day rule wouldn't apply but wondered if this is just for if it is for the same reason as the 1st absence. Hope that makes sense!!

It has to be for the same illness .

Cairney39

gKriver, you could email your manager or your people partner. On HRAM, a form needs to be sent away to reinstate the pay. If you are on work and pay, you can raise a colleague help ticket yourself querying the short pay but this would be after talking to your line manager.

forrestgimp

People Partner is that what they are calling the old personnel manager now.

I see ours come now and again sit in office drinking coffee typing on a laptop never speaks to anyone and leaves, not even sure what her name is.

Nancy

Hi.  Can someone just clarify for me if someone in contracted only 2 days a week then picks up an additional 2 days, that being 2 days overtime.  If they were to go sick on their overtime days do they still get an Absent Review Meeting?  My understanding was it only counted if the person was actually contracted to the days that they took off sick.

barafear

Nancy

Being sick on an overtime shift is included in section 6 of the Tesco policy found online at Ourtesco.

"If you are ill when you are due to work an overtime or flexi shift (stores) you must still call in to tell us you won't be
coming into work. Your absence will still be recorded, and you'll still have a return to work meeting, however it won't
be included when we calculate your absence review level.
If you repeatedly put your name down for overtime and you do not turn up for that shift (due to sickness or any other
reason), this would be treated as misconduct."

Nancy

Just trouble

Forrest Gimp, our people manager explained that their role is to support the managers. To help them with any issues they have with staff. To get an appointment, you have to got through a manager, or the union. I asked what if the manager's the problem? Was told, go through another manager. Asked what if your not in the union? Silence....asked her why does no one know their name, or how to contact them. 3 months later, there's a poster with their photo and contact details. Only ever in the manager's office on their laptop or having a laugh with manager's. No one know when she's coming or for how long. People manager's are the most evasive of manager's, definitely not for shopfloor. Only concern is helping manager's and keeping the firm's image safe. Personal opinion.

Roha

I need help with my sickness.  I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I have dizziness from the beginning but nowadays I feel it very much, in last 3 weeks I fell down unconscious suddenly 3 times. The problem is I have to travel 1 hours and 10 minutes to work by bus, hence I'm not able to work for the moment and also it's not safe to go out alone.

My contracted days are Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday.  I worked last week last Thursday I fell down again so I called for sick Friday to this Friday.  Will I get pay?

[admin]Please only make same post in one topic.[/admin]

forrestgimp

nothing will happen to you so long as you tell them its pregnancy related, its illegal to penalise a woman for taking time off sick due to pregnancy.

Do not say 'Oh its not really about the pregnancy' Because then they have got you.

As for pay, probably not.

MissMaccy

Quote from: Roha on 30-04-21, 07:33AM
I need help with my sickness.  I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

At 28 weeks pregnant you should now be off work as part of the Coronavirus shielding for vulnerable colleagues. If you need to know where to find the info it's in the Coronavirus Q&A on Colleague Help. Effectively you'll be on paid leave until your planned Maternity date, or 4 weeks before your due date (if you haven't already confirmed a date for your Maternity to begin).

turbo33

Vaccine .. And a few days taken out of life .. Will these be paid or unpaid days?  How is the disease treated after the vaccine? 4 days with fever.. Off on work.. Should be paid like normal sick?

Rad

Quote from: MissMaccy on 30-04-21, 06:03PM
Quote from: Roha on 30-04-21, 07:33AM
I need help with my sickness.  I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

At 28 weeks pregnant you should now be off work as part of the Coronavirus shielding for vulnerable colleagues. If you need to know where to find the info it's in the Coronavirus Q&A on Colleague Help. Effectively you'll be on paid leave until your planned Maternity date, or 4 weeks before your due date (if you haven't already confirmed a date for your Maternity to begin).

Pregnancy related sickness is paid.  3 day waiting is waived.

fatboy

Anyone know if i will get paid for time off for a follow up hospital appointment.

Mark calloway

The full sickness policy is on ourtesco.

BoyBlunder

I think this is the relevant place, I didn't want to just make a new topic and flood the forums. Sorry if it isn't!

I just rang in sick to work with food poisoning, and my manager made the comment of "well you've had food poisoning before, haven't you?" I've been told by family and friends that he shouldn't be making any comment like that as it's apparently a way to try and guilt me into working while ill or alternatively implying I'm not being truthful (which makes me laugh that somebody thinks I'd actually rather be horrendously ill than work). Is this true, or is this just my support circle being full of BS and bias? I know it's not end of the world if true and I probably couldn't act on it anyway, I'm just curious as to if management are allowed to make comments about your sickness when you are calling the absence line to notify them that you're too ill to work.

Nomad

Should MM make comments like that, no.  Can anything be done about it, not really and would be more trouble than it's worth.
Just take it as another example of his bad MM skills.

Tip: Every time you call in ill use hands free and have somebody beside you.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Efata85

Hi can someone help pls I been off since 5.1 because of Covid and still off as I have blood clots they said I have no sick pay left even they used all my holidays
I have nothing left now and still I am not in stage to return I feet that I been punished just because I got Covid pls anyone know what to do thx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk