Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 07:20AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,338
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 119
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 121
Total: 123

How to access your @tesco.com Email address?

Started by hige, 10-07-19, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris999

8 days and it has been fixed!

A comms was sent to stores on Friday explaining the fix to it.
Basically a new link was sent that enables colleagues to set up the 2 factor authentication(for those that kept skipping it), so they can access on personal devices.

Speak to the management team in your store.

1982dave

Quote from: Morris999 on 31-10-21, 09:49AM

Basically a new link was sent that enables colleagues to set up the 2 factor authentication(for those that kept skipping it), so they can access on personal devices.

so where's this imaginary link then I've asked 3 dept managers and 2 senior staff and no one is in the wiser for it but yet stores help desk is still saying that there is a outage according to them  u a manager by any chance cuz it seems that way

1982dave

the company would have by law given each and every person warning that you had to agree to the 2 tier garbage or acsess would be blocked which they didn't do

1982dave

After another prolonged phone call to Tesco help desk for stores enquiry about e learning etc etc they have just told me that there is no update to when this will be fixed if indeed it will and they also advised that it is to do with any potential security breach what happend last week they advised that no comms have been sent to any store up to this point as they do not know what is happening there selfs

1982dave

And to use only store npc that was the advice from Tesco help desk

fatboy

So if the issue is not resolved before payday how do we view our pay slips to make sure we've not been screwed again!!

Morris999

Quote from: 1982dave on 31-10-21, 01:52PM

so where's this imaginary link then I've asked 3 dept managers and 2 senior staff and no one is in the wiser for it but yet stores help desk is still saying that there is a outage according to them  u a manager by any chance cuz it seems that way

Just because your management team are incapable of reading a simple comms doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Quote from: 1982dave on 31-10-21, 01:57PM
the company would have by law given each and every person warning that you had to agree to the 2 tier garbage or acsess would be blocked which they didn't do
[/quote]

Really?
I'm genuinely interested in which law it is.

Now as we know Tesco was hacked last weekend, and if having to use the 2 way authentication is added protection when using our devices off site then so be it.
And considering most on here bang on about data protection etc I would have thought everyone else would too.
And let's be honest the added authentication has been made currently compulsory as a response to that hack.

Quote from: 1982dave on 31-10-21, 02:13PM
After another prolonged phone call to Tesco help desk for stores enquiry about e learning etc etc they have just told me that there is no update to when this will be fixed if indeed it will and they also advised that it is to do with any potential security breach what happend last week they advised that no comms have been sent to any store up to this point as they do not know what is happening there selfs

Clearly help desk are as clueless as normal.

Word for word the comms sent down on Thursday(I apologise, i was briefed Friday so assumed it came down then).

Retail Daily news
Thursday 28 October

Colleagues
Security changes when accessing Tesco applications.
Colleagues are now asked to provide two factor authentication via text or the OneLogin app when accessing a Tesco account from outside the corporate network (on personal devices using personal/public WiFi or network data).

To register a second method of authentication colleagues should click (link) while using a Tesco device or when connected to our WiFi. Once your registration is complete and your second method has been verified, we'll enable access from outside our network within 48 hours. If you've registered before and have changed your phone or deleted the app, then you can also use the above link to update these details.

More details on how to set up your second factor or how to update your second factor are also on Tesco help.

Colleagues who do not set up a second authentication can still log in to Tesco applications via a corporate store device or when connected to colleague WiFi.

Quote from: fatboy on 31-10-21, 02:20PM
So if the issue is not resolved before payday how do we view our pay slips to make sure we've not been screwed again!!

See above.

1982dave I suggest you go back to said managers and explain to them how to read a simple comms message.
It's all there on comms centre for all of Tesco to see and read.

1982dave

Wow someone is tetchy Jesus and I'm repeating what the company help desk repeating what I've been told in store  lol touched  a nerve a tad

1982dave

And head office there self are saying no comms have been sent out when you phone help desk and press option 3 it tells you in a automated message that there is a outage then when you speak to someone they then advise no comms have been sent to stores and to use stores npc for now

1982dave

There has been zero sent from Tesco telling anyone they have to sign up to the 2 tier security c**p by a set date zero and also cannot withhold information with regarding pay etc etc and if you cannot acsess online a paper equivalent has to be offered 

Morris999

You've not touched a nerve at all, your just ignoring everything I've put.

You'll learn in time that Tesco help desk are useless, have no idea what they are doing, and will blindly follow whatever follow chart pops up on their screen for whatever problem they think you are ringing up about.

Also Tesco help desk are not Tesco head office.
Tesco help desk are in Bangalore not the Uk.

Of course no comms have been sent out saying you have to sign up by a set date!
Tesco systems were hacked and additional security measures were put in place immediately to counter that.
What would you prefer, that Tesco does nothing after getting hacked apart from sending comms out saying we have been hacked but because we haven't  set a date yet we will do nothing for a few weeks so everyone has the opportunity to set it up, leaving our systems open to be hacked again which would include your personal data?

Also Tesco are not stopping anyone from accessing their payslips, you either just need to do it instore or do what I've posted earlier.
I've told you the Date, Title and put it on here word for word the comms sent out to all stores this week, if you choose to ignore that that's your choice.
But I know lots of managers and colleagues have followed the comms are are either set up already or waiting on the 48 hours to be up.

If your instore still, get a manager to look on comms for Thursdays Retail Daily News, it's all there!

1982dave

And all I'm repeating to you is what I have been advised by after 3 phone calls to the help desk the poxy automated message on help desk aswell  if there was such a wide spread comms sent out then it's bypassed my store then because senior management don't seem to know and after the third phone call to the help desk they have said no comms have been sent out you can literally phone help desk press option 3 then 5 I think then you get the stupid message saying there's a outage and it's been raised under some number for it

StinkyPoo

So I've used a Tesco device and can access my pay slip etc, but it has not asked for the 2 step authentication. I've used my phone on Tesco Wi-Fi but says incorrect ip address so can't access on that. Doesn't work at home either. How do I set up a 2 step authentication when it doesn't ask for it? Any ideas?

Redshoes

Ask a manager to do reset on commas, it takes 24 hours mon-Thursday, a bit longer if it goes into a wknd. A manager will then need to pull off a temp password for you, next step is for you to sign in on an mpc, as you sign in it will as you to add your mobile number to enable an easier and faster reset method. You put in the code as sent to you by text and your new password and you are up and running.
If unsure who to ask to help you on this go to checkouts. They now need to have valid sign in for self service colleagues and have had to reset loads of accounts.

msl1791

Redshoes....will we have to wait 24 hrs for the temp pasaword? I need access daily for part of my job!

chris9997

The company makes various assumptions which is very much how they are
Not iin touch with the actual work force
1. That everyone knows how to resolve this issue despite no communication with actual workforce, mm may or may not have had comms down.
2. That should mm have this info that they would allow staff off shop floor to resolve this.
3. Getting a payslip is not important (I was told getting a payslip is not important as it will be right anyway.)

eversor

you can set up two factor authentication through the help centre.  Just search for MFA, it'll give you a link to your profile, and from there you can set up two factor authentication without having to reset your password.  That's how I had to do it, so far been about 24 hours and still can't sign on without being instore on colleague wifi

msl1791

Cheers eversor, will give it a go 👍

msl1791

I think it takes 48hrs.

brucie

Had to go and see people person in depot to change password and log in on company computer using new link who then printed off my annual benefit report. Got till tomorrow 5th to do it before it gets deleted. Still can't log into our Tesco from home not allowed access from my IP address.

1982dave

Right someone logged in and sorted the phone number thing for me on the npc any ideas how long this takes to sort out

msl1791

Anglia88

I set up my 2 step authentication on Monday while at work, I waited the 48 hours so checked Wednesday and I can now log in on my devices at home via a text notification. All good or so I thought, but I still cannot access my pay slips, pension or any of my details as every time I click onto the colleague homepage link I get a page displaying the message "We're sorry, but something went wrong." It says to visit colleague help to raise a ticket about the issue which I did, but all they have said in reply that is it is a known issue and they are working on fixing it. I am curious, are others getting this message after setting up their 2 step authentication, or are others able to view their pay, pensions, benefits etc via the colleague homepage link?

1982dave

When you log on stores npc my shift is not working it's a tad pathetic really I'll wait till Sat and log in now as Tesco has my mobile to do the code.

1982dave

Quote from: Anglia88 on 04-11-21, 06:46PM
I set up my 2 step authentication on Monday while at work, I waited the 48 hours so checked Wednesday and I can now log in on my devices at home via a text notification. All good or so I thought, but I still cannot access my pay slips, pension or any of my details as every time I click onto the colleague homepage link I get a page displaying the message "We're sorry, but something went wrong." It says to visit colleague help to raise a ticket about the issue which I did, but all they have said in reply that is it is a known issue and they are working on fixing it. I am curious, are others getting this message after setting up their 2 step authentication, or are others able to view their pay, pensions, benefits etc via the colleague homepage link?
the we are sorry but something went wrong appears when I check my shift on npc in store

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk