Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 07:42AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 88
Total: 91

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undercover1

When does sunday premium go down to time and a quarter? And if I were to be leaving the company... when would I have to work until to make sure I get my payout for losing my current Sunday pay.

Does anyone know when I get my pay out? My store STILL have not given me a brief on it... I only know what I've heard from colleagues.

his scots tie

Think cuts to Sunday Premium and Bank Holidays is from July 1st.Those who it impacts on will be told shortly with a payout 27th July.Wouldnt suprise me if any one leaves after receiving payout if tosco dont ask for it back.

Plato

Undercover 1. There is information on other threads for the payout. The original briefing in 2017 laid out the process on which the calculation would be done. Only 3% of staff will get anything. My guess is you could well be amongst the 97%.

notsofunny

Quote from: his scots tie on 26-05-18, 01:53PM
Think cuts to Sunday Premium and Bank Holidays is from July 1st.Those who it impacts on will be told shortly with a payout 27th July.Wouldnt suprise me if any one leaves after receiving payout if tosco dont ask for it back.

Would not supprise me that no one leaves  8-)

Undercover1

Quote from: Plato on 26-05-18, 03:55PM
Undercover 1. There is information on other threads for the payout. The original briefing in 2017 laid out the process on which the calculation would be done. Only 3% of staff will get anything. My guess is you could well be amongst the 97%.

What!!! Do you know the requirements for the 3%?  I have been contracted Sundays for 5 years since i started. How can they pay some out and not others

lessforlife

Is there still no news on the manager's Sunday pay? When/ if it goes down to time and a quarter.

notsofunny

my understanding is that you only get paid the difference between what you got paid and what you do get paid after the pay rise you got ,

So if your pay with Sunday rates old was £1
And the new pay after the pay rise is £1 then you get nothing ,

It seems that you are giving up your Sunday rate to get your basic hourly pay rise  ? and at the same time a pay rise for every one else  8-)

This week Sainsbury's have been in the News for doing the same thing  :(

That is how I understand it to work.

notsofunny

Quote from: lessforlife on 26-05-18, 06:17PM
Is there still no news on the manager's Sunday pay? When/ if it goes down to time and a quarter.

No news at all are you wishing for it to be Cut ? ,, if  you are a manger  they will tell you when its about to happen wont they  ???

lessforlife

No not wishing! Just thinking that it might go to 5/7 contract

notsofunny

You will hear about it about 2 weeks before it kicks off , if it does ,

lessforlife

Sounds about right!! Our store manager reckons that something is being announced in June but all hearsay as normal.

notsofunny

As an ex D/M in Express I first heard my job was going 12 years before  ??? 8-) and then it only went last year  :D last few years the talk was about one S/M 2 stores in Express.  Last week they had S/M talking about one looking after 4  8-)  No store manager can be sure about what is going to happen next week let alone next month, sit tight, and remember, what ever will be will be,,,,,,,,,,

lessforlife

You are right though, Notsofunny thanks will wait to see what's next!!!  8-)

Plato

Undercover 1. I have been a contracted Sunday for 10+ years, and do 4 weekday shifts, plus a Sunday. I will get nada, nothing , zilch !

lordadmiral

Many people worked sunday to increase earnings but now its not worth it, so some might accually say Fuk it and opt out.

notsofunny

well if they do and they can afford to drop a shift then its fine , other wise so far it seems no one is leaving since a lot more work a sunday due to that being a day they can work,

End of the day this will also cut down on full time staff unless they can get another day to cover it, and from what I have seen in main store not many hours are availible on other shifts for someone to pick up if they do drop sundays,

In Express having spoken to S/Ms they dont have problems covering Sundays and wont if any one wants to drop out ,

And the way Tesco,, and it seems all the others have changed things is if the wage at the end of the week does not drop then we will see many just stick it out ,

Equalizer87

My last store had about 3 people contracted to Sundays, the rest was OT. It wouldn't surprise me if the OT lists for Sunday become very empty once the premiums are butchered for it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

notsofunny

Some store did not have contracted hours for a Sunday, since they always found someone that wanted to work it, this will just allow others to pick up the extra day as contracted, also those that can only work Sundays will be happy to pick up the 1/4 extra.

We will have to wait and see how many that have got used to working the extra day will drop it.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: Undercover1 on 26-05-18, 12:21PM
When does sunday premium go down to time and a quarter? And if I were to be leaving the company... when would I have to work until to make sure I get my payout for losing my current Sunday pay.

Does anyone know when I get my pay out? My store STILL have not given me a brief on it... I only know what I've heard from colleagues.

Don't hold your breath...Here's what Usdaw said when asked to explain how cushion payments are worked out ...basically no pay out for Sunday workers ...

To calculate if staff will receive a transition payment Tesco will analysis a years pay data for every member of staff from November 2016 to November 17. This would then be compared with what their pay would be working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay and the lower premium rate. If an individual is worse off under the new pay structure, they will receive a payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay. If people have worked Sunday as overtime between these dates this would be included in their calculation. Not everyone who works Sunday will receive a payment. Its about weather following ALL the changes (in the 2 year pay plan) they are financially impacted. Tesco will be writing to staff affected in June to confirm payment they receive.

I'm contracted to 36.5 hours but only do 3 3/4 hours on a Sunday. I've already told management that I'll be quitting Sundays in July. We already have a plan to move those 3 3/4 hrs into the week. (Thought I'd get in quick as I feel many may soon follow suit).  :thumbup:

notsofunny

Just on thing , those that want to move from a Sunday to another day , should they do it before the pay out ? would not want anyone to change days then not get a pay out ,,

Charlie Harper

I'm moving mine, I'm on 36.5 hours, of which only 3.75 are on a Sunday. Here are my calculations from what I can gather from what's been said.

Pay rate for the period Nov 16 - Nov 17  £7.62 Basic, £11.43 Prem (which is the data period to be used).

So weekly earnings before 2 year pay plan were... 32.75 hrs x £7.62 (£249.55) + 3.75 hrs x £11.43 (£42.86) = £292.41

Compared to the same hours under after the new pay plans hourly rates have been introduced. £8.18 Basic, £10.23 Prem

32.75 hrs x £8.18 (£267.90) + 3.75 hrs x £10.23 (£38.36) = £306.26

£292.41 v £306.26 = NO PAY OUT.

K2S0

This reduction has really p*ssed me off, I've only just started and the premium was stated on the vacancy and reiterated at my interview and even in my written job offer yet I've only been informed after starting

his scots tie

Quote from: notsofunny on 27-05-18, 12:20PM
Just on thing , those that want to move from a Sunday to another day , should they do it before the pay out ? would not want anyone to change days then not get a pay out ,,
Would personally hang on till after the payout, at least get something out of this c**ppy company.  In saying that a lot of staff have already dropped Sundays.  Anyone thinking of dropping hours on a Sunday you are not guaranteed to get your hours back during the week although they must try to do this.  What amazes me is there is no shortage in staff taking up Sunday hours and bank holidays at time and a quarter.

world of their own

Time and a quarter will soon be down to straight time.give it a year or two.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk