Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 11:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsportyhead

Heard rumours of a restructure affecting Team managers being trialled in a couple of DCs. Anyone able to shed any light on it?

Equalizer87

Replace restructure with cost cutting,  that's all its is. And it wouldn't  surprise me they are hitting every soft bit they can.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

dizzy_1

No idea but i wouldn't mind restructuring a few of the managers in my store.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

Sniffer1980

Stobarts have lost the Tesco contract in Ireland, and there is a 45 day consultation period in the DC's Dhl are taking over from stobarts

Duracell

Quote from: Tsportyhead on 13-09-16, 09:36AM
Heard rumours of a restructure affecting Team managers being trialled in a couple of DCs. Anyone able to shed any light on it?

Apparently so, to what extent? Unknown at the moment.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

hesketh

Loads of rumours and unverified leaks but we are supposedly losing 8-10 warehouse managers and 2 Transport Team managers at Hinckley DC.

Some departments are also being amalgamated with Litchfield DC, reported to include Personnel and Transport Manager.
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

CoffeeGate

They are running a pilot scheme at lichfield and hinkley with running with reduced managers, not sure what it looks like in terms of numbers etc but have been told they run quite high numbers of managers compared to most DC's. They have however started consultation with some managers there (Not sure how it is still a pilot scheme if there is redundancies already). This will be ran until late this year, with it then potentially being rolled out across the board.
To be honest with what has happened in stores over the past few years this has been a long time coming.

Woody44

Yes heard about this cutting in half I believe and pay reduction too

Tsportyhead

Probably not affect our area too much- transport & personnel already amalgamated with another DC. Pay reduction won't go down well as already on parity with warehouse ops and less than drivers , with significantly poorer benefits- less holidays, sick, etc:

penguin

Tesco are always playing with structures, basically every time they find a new thing or job role to cut its labeled a restructure, we are all adults time for the top brass to be sensible and admit its an ongoing cost saving project.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

mosquito

Well with all this restructuring going on across all areas of the business [ except express ] cutting costs , I see its that time of year that all Store Managers across the whole estate are up for there meeting next week with Matt and Dave, how much is that gonna cost....???

Expressdude2016

about 10 million I imagine ( though not just store managers go to it. There is around 400 customer assistants attending , community champions , long service awards colleagues invited.

Billy Budd

Managers at Livingston DC were told at a meeting last week that restructuring of management will begin in January, and 40% of them face redundancy.

This was information directly from two managers who were present at the meeting.

Arizonarugby

Yes there's definitely a management restructure being piloted at Lichfield and Hinckley and yet again this COST CUTTING exercise again will be disguised as a customer related initiative.

I just wish that the "senior leadership team" would be open and honest - so much for David Lewis transparency policy - practice what you preach mate

How can the company claim to have a "safety first" and "people first " policies when they are changing the roles of the PM and the H&S managers rolls

Crybabybunting

There is a management restructure at Hinckley and Lichfield DC's...it's a bit like the badger/seal cull...it affects warehouse and transport and others...apparently there's a points system in place...the more points the safer you are...a management 'insider' said length of service is out...length of tongue is in...the more backsides you've kissed the better...some experienced staff are to go...but then Tesco have never wanted people who know what they're doing...they want people who do as they're told...volunteers were not asked for...it was a simple "we decide who stays and who goes.."...the big concern now is WHO'S NEXT????

Duracell

Length of tongue is most definitely not in.
Who you know makes no difference.
Management skills is what it will be based on. They have an initiative already in place that will measure those skills.

I do understand your point though about the company deciding who goes and who stays, the concept of manipulation falls mainly with the individuals belief in is it possible? and would they?
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Call me

Team support 36 half hours a week 25 years service can anyone tell me am I lined  up for redundancy   (-*-) (-*-) (-*-)

darklighter

Quote from: Duracell on 14-09-16, 07:31PM
Management skills is what it will be based on. They have an initiative already in place that will measure those skills.

I do understand your point though about the company deciding who goes and who stays, the concept of manipulation falls mainly with the individuals belief in is it possible? and would they?

Some reached their level of incompetence as soon as they were promoted which isn't their fault, rather that of their cronies further up the food chain.
Too often it has been a case of spreading wealth among friends and family which never had the potential to help the company in any way shape or form.

Those pigeons are now coming home to roost and not before time!

Crybabybunting

I have to disagree with you slightly Duracell...if management skills is the only criteria then why would you get rid of a Transport Manager with 27 years experience who could run the job single handed but retain a newcomer with no experience whatsoever?...Tesco want yes men...do it our way with a smile and good telephone manner and you'll be okay...but don't take my word for it..ask the drivers at Hinckley who are the managers who could run the job blind folded and run it efficiently and get the best out of their staff?...their names will be on 'sorry you're leaving' cards.. :'(

Arizonarugby

It would be interesting for someone from one of the "pilot" dc's to inform us what the restructure actually looks like, because there is a shroud of secrecy around the "project"

Matt Davies is very vocal on public media about the importance of communicating to the people involved in any decisions made by the main board, but he's certainly been quiet on this subject.

It is also very interesting why the announcement of possible redundancies (both at store and dc's) were made after the WMTY survey  >:(

How many managers have gone and what roles have been replaced.

Duracell

Quote from: Crybabybunting on 15-09-16, 09:49AM

I have to disagree with you slightly Duracell...if management skills is the only criteria then why would you get rid of a Transport Manager with 27 years experience who could run the job single handed but retain a newcomer with no experience whatsoever?...Tesco want yes men...do it our way with a smile and good telephone manner and you'll be okay...but don't take my word for it..ask the drivers at Hinckley who are the managers who could run the job blind folded and run it efficiently and get the best out of their staff?...their names will be on 'sorry you're leaving' cards.. :'(

And this has happened has it?
Or are you speculating?
Are you aware of the company initiative that will be used to measure the qualities of the managers concerned?

I have been made aware of how it is going to happen.
From what I have been told what you are suggesting will be difficult to achieve.
The process will be closely scrutininised, some concerns have already been raised and that scrutiny has already started.

Also what happens in the First two DC's may look nothing like what gets roles out to all the other company occupied DC's.

It has been discussed that how they do this will have a major impact on distribution, and if they make stupid decisions and mistakes like you suggest, it will devastate distribution.

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 15-09-16, 12:28PM
It would be interesting for someone from one of the "pilot" dc's to inform us what the restructure actually looks like, because there is a shroud of secrecy around the "project"

Matt Davies is very vocal on public media about the importance of communicating to the people involved in any decisions made by the main board, but he's certainly been quiet on this subject.

It is also very interesting why the announcement of possible redundancies (both at store and dc's) were made after the WMTY survey  >:(

How many managers have gone and what roles have been replaced.

The pilot at the Two DC's is going to realise the best approach, the best way possible before it is applied to every other Company Occupied DC.
This is why there are no facts to other DC's the Idea of a Pilot is to test the ways and means before it is applied to all.

Duracell.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Duracell on 14-09-16, 07:31PM

I do understand your point though about the company deciding who goes and whho stays, the concept of manipulation falls mainly with the individuals belief in is it possible? and would they?

Duracell, you seem very well informed on the "pilot" and the processes around the process for deciding who stays and who goes - I wonder why this is , could there be a cuckoo in the nest !

As I'm sure you're fully aware Tesco now has a (or claims to have ) a people first policy and part of this is speaking to colleagues as adults (not children), well the silence on this issue stinks of childtren should be seen and not heard, and ask no questions and you won't be told any lies - what has happened to Dave Lewis's open and honest approach.

As for the initiatives for measuring management skills, are already in place, pray tell me , what these are and how would you know !!!!!

Duracell

Cuckoo? nest?

Not even going to respond to that nonsense.
And if you continue with it I have better things to do.

As for policy and speaking to people like adults.
Are you one of the adults affected at the pilot DC's or a distribution manager or rep ? if not they have nothing to tell you. If you hear silence at this particular time you do not need to know.

As for the initiative for measuring is all ready in place, for quite some time, the tool they will use, has been in place for several years.
How do I know, because I saw it launched and I listen to the facts when they are told to me.

Duracell.

picktocube

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 15-09-16, 12:28PM

I don't think that there is a shroud of secrecy around this project. I am just a warehouse op at a different DC as to where the trial is going on and I know that our managers have had the briefing about what is going on .
As for your previous post regarding Duracell,I think maybe you should read some of the many informative posts that he/she has posted across a wide range of topics on here before making assumptions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk