Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 04:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 75
Total: 77

how can i register to get the tesco "inform" app for staff

Started by carlos, 09-11-14, 09:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos

How can i get the tesco staff app called "inform" ??? Where do i have to register to get the app.

aj1981

First up you need a a My Tesco Login to use inform, this will also let you use Yammer.

Go to www.mytescologin.com, select "sign up to MyTescoLogin"
Enter your employee number (located on your clockcard or wage slip if you don't know it) in the following way e.g
UK12345678 & password Tesco with your date of birth typed in this way. Say your birthday was 11th November 1992 it would be 11111992. Tick that you agree the T&C's.
Decide your username and password. Wait for the confirmation email. Go to www.yammer.com/uk.tesco.com and enter your Tesco email address e.g joebloggs@global.tesco.org and your password.

Now you've got a @global.tesco.org username you can access Inform.

Go to http://labs.ocset.net/inform.

Choose download for iOS or Android. Windows phones are not currently supported but will be soon.
On Android phones you will need to go to "Settings" then "Applications" then tick to allow Unknown installations.
When the app has downloaded go to "Downloads" choose Inform and then selet Gmail verify. Choose accept then install.
When you have done this choose "Open" then enter your Tesco global.org email address and password.
Choose either store name or number. You can now either text search or scan barcodes . You must be connected to WIFI or 3G/4G to use this app

carlos

Thanks for the information really appreciate it. I saw 1 of my colleagues using it at work but he couldn't explain it to me clearly as you just done.

Also can tesco check or go in to the data ie know everthing what items your scanning on your phone via the app?? I'm just abit concerned around data protection here

jatbaws

I've had it for a while it cones in handy when I can't get a pda, also it gives you a picture of most things so makes it easier to find things.  Only thing I've found is I cannot scan a bar code with my phone so have to type in a TPN or EAN every time.

carlos

But can tesco look in to find out what products your scanning via the app.

troll-hunter

As you are downloading info from them I would be surprised if they didn't keep a record of what items you scanned.

When I went to install the app a list of "permissions" ( access rights etc.) came up, read it carefully, if you are concerned about what is on the list then do not install the app or install it on a 'clean' phone.

I don't know what would happen if any of the areas that the app requires access to were encrypted.

lindy-loo

On the Inform ap, does anyone know how to delete the information off after scanning or searching a product?
>:D

Tenko

Don't do this. I have been told by a security expert that this enables the company to gain access into your social media via your phone. Means no more anonminity on VLH.

Loki

Forgive my lack of technical knowledge, but how?
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

slungmyhoook

Quote from: Tenko on 13-11-14, 08:07AM
Don't do this. I have been told by a security expert that this enables the company to gain access into your social media via your phone. Means no more anonminity on VLH.

Please forgive me but this is complete bovine excrement. The company would be breaching the computer misuse act and data protection act and would be liable to criminal prosecution for doing so. Very unlikely that Tesco would do such a thing given their current fraud investigation.

Tenko

Ok, thought i might try a different approach. Don't subsidise tesco w8th YOUR own device.

tumshie

Quote from: jatbaws on 09-11-14, 10:27PM
I've had it for a while it cones in handy when I can't get a pda, also it gives you a picture of most things so makes it easier to find things.  Only thing I've found is I cannot scan a bar code with my phone so have to type in a TPN or EAN every time.

So you're using an expensive piece of equipment, paid for by yourself, on the shop floor.  Have you wondered what might happen if it gets damaged or pickpocketed?  Do you have insurance that will be happy to pay out, in those circumstances?

Do you know something we don't,  like that T*sco is actually run by a dear little old lady who can't afford to provide proper equipment for the staff and so we should do it for her?

Pandaman

Jesus,  surely everyone has been keeping their phone on them on the shop floor for ages already.  The app is brilliant and I use it a great deal for myself and customers.

Tenko

The point is pandaman, is that you should not need to use your own device. No doubt the app is fantastic and of immense help to you, but I'm certain that this app would work equally well on a device that belongs to tesco, a multi million profit company.

Loki

I agree with Tenko. Why would anyone be willing to use their own device for work purposes?

Pathetic.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

RttK

Quote from: Tenko on 13-11-14, 06:57PM
The point is pandaman, is that you should not need to use your own device. No doubt the app is fantastic and of immense help to you, but I'm certain that this app would work equally well on a device that belongs to tesco, a multi million profit company.

Not so much so. Inform does not work with Windows phones and what does the company provide? Nokia Lumia's with Windows 8.

onebigmillipede

Hello, I have made an yammer account and a MyTescoLogin account but I still can't get on the inform app anyone else having the same problem? or how can i fix this?
Thanks in advance.

boomerangjack16

I've downloaded the Inform app to my iPod Touch.

Which device are you using PP? I had to go into Settings>Profiles and agree to install it before it worked for me.

londoner83

Inform now also shows real-time delivery information. Useful for anyone working in warehouse/backdoor.

Mickyg58

Inform does work with windows phones.  There is a group on Yammer called Informsupport that gives plenty help.  Are you downloading it from https://labs.ocset.net/inform

viperex

Have a new mobile cant login to the inform app is there some kind of server problems with the app at the moment ?

cosmosmallpiece

Yes they are updating it not on till tomorrow I think

viperex

Has anyone tried to log in inform app still wont let me

OpShunned

When you get in touch with them, warn them that the Robber Barons are raping and pillaging the company you work for.

Advise them these barons are jeapordising the livelihoods of over 300,00 colleagues with their 'punt'. That, he has culled some of his best talent sticking a large proportion of his clutch of eggs in one big Booker basket.

A 'Turnaround plan' could end up a meander into the forest and out the other end into a wasteland.

Good luck though Dave! Wa***r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk