Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 313
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Goule Goods-In department.

Started by JackGough, 09-10-20, 02:06PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackGough

What is the plts per man hour for each person working on Goods-In in Goule. We were told that Goule is 60 plts per man hour whereas Magor's is only 20. Goods-In Tipper/Checkers at Magor want to know how Goule can do it much more efficiently.

grim up north

JackGough

Ambient. I believe I'm right in saying that Magor is the only depot that had a bonus incentive. Goole depot's Goods-In intake plts are mainly Reduced Checks. We at Magor are baffled how Goole has a figure big 60 plts per man hour each shift on Goods-In.

grim up north

They aren't mainly reduced checks. It only takes max 15 minutes to tip a trailer with double length forks, and 5 minutes to check it if it's an easy load. I think I could handball 20 pallets per hour off

grim up north

Just to add though, the pallets per man hour goes up all the time with no change in working practices. People just chase their arse to stay off the pick. I remember it being 27 pallets per hour then 44 now 60(or 63 or 66 depending on which way the wind is blowing). When it goes up we're always told it's because of an increase in 'reduced checks'. All lies. And even if your sheet says it is a reduced check, chances are after you've tipped it you find out it isnt.

JackGough

How many Goods-In bays have you got ? We've got 52 bays on our side of the warehouse but only 32. The others are used for other things. Out of those 32, every day, Goods-Out loading take over several of our bays, plus Dekit fill them with cages etc. Most days, we only have a handful of Putaway drivers, sometimes going down to just one. As the FLT drivers are on bonus, it's the Tipper/Checkers job to tip the plts, present the SSCC label on the front plus print OCC barcode labels to put on every pallet to assist the FLT drivers to scan it when taking it out of the racking. Magor Tipper/Checkers wouldn't be able to reach 60 plts an hour each. Too many obstacles beyond their control. I think a trip up to your depot would be useful.

grim up north

Yeah, goods in bays are taken up for other things. I've always said a high performing area will be at the detriment of another. Looks like you're thrown under the bus for the reach truck drivers. I'm guessing your putaway/replen level is much higher as your drivers are on a bonus. Why are you sticking occ barcodes on? Arent they already on the products? Or is it so the drivers dont have to get off their behinds?

JackGough

Thanks for keep feeding me information. Goods Out always takes preference over Goods In which then limits our bays to use for tipping..As FLT's are on bonus, Tipper/Checkers have to tip a load, making sure there's an SSCC label on the front, then print off OCC barcodes for the pallets and place them in the top right hand corner for the FLT drivers to scan them easily as they take the pallets from the racking. If there's nothing to scan, they put the pallets into the PPA, Problem Pallet Area. Then the Systems clerks investigate why the FLT driver dropped it off there, this creating a huge cost of man power to the department. Goods In is currently costing them £5000 extra each week. Since February to March, they've trained up so many new Tipper/Checkers and many of them come from other jobs and have no warehouse experience. This is inevitably making the process slower. The majority of the longer term people trained get Redeployed to FLT now and not Tipper/Checkers. The company doesn't see that having so many newer ones over there takes longer to get the work done.

grim up north

Try not to let it bother you. It's not coming out of your pocket  ;)  We have a guy working with us who was an flt driver in Magor who was on £42k per year. On less than half of that now doing the exact same job. Must be some woman..

grim up north

A standard day is about 2000 pallets per shift. Don't know if that's same at your place. Normally 4 or 5 checkers on and around 50 flt drivers

JackGough

Until 3 years ago when we were run by managers, for 2000 plts intake, we would have 5 or 6 men. Now we have Coordinators, for 2000 plts, we need about 14 men.
50 flt drivers, oh I wish. We get just a handful of Putaway drivers most days.
Anyway, say hello to the one from Magor. I can't think of his name at the moment.

grim up north

Don't tell him pike! As I say, your flt putaway/replen rate is more than likely far higher than ours as you have a bonus. So you probably dont need as many drivers

Kingkong2015

60 pallets an hour, wtf! These people need drug tested as there is no way a person can safely do their job and preform at that level! Mind you there will always be those who try to hit this like there lives depend on it until an accident happens and Tesco throws the book at them,!   :-X

JackGough

Quote from: grim up north on 14-10-20, 07:04PM
Don't tell him pike! As I say, your flt putaway/replen rate is more than likely far higher than ours as you have a bonus. So you probably dont need as many drivers
Thanks. I know his name now. I can remember him well. Lovely man..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk