News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 04:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 454
Total: 455

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POA Billy

The Thurrock trailer was a loaded 10Mtr and te incident happened at Pembury on a roundabout tipping and crushing a van.

The agency driver in the Tesco vehicle was taken to hospital but released almost stright away, his tacho found "NO" indication of excessive speed and the indication suggest the adverse camber on the roundabout effected the trailer which was not overweight on axel or total but was very heavy at the front.

The van driver was detained overnight in hospital after being cut from the wreckage but released the following day.

Chairswan

Does anyone know about a Welham Green wagon that was involved in an accident in the Bucks area yesterday (Thursday 8th)  (?))
Unit had to be towed back to the DC.

PitseaSuspect

Theres a picture of a Snodland driver being helped out of his cab on the VHL gallery, when was this ?

Chairswan

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=1

Not sure when this happened, but it's a white plain trailer, or is it a rigid  ???

The Mrs

Which photo CS? Your link brings up all of them.

Chairswan

Whoops  :-[ the second one on the top row.

PitseaSuspect

Cor Chairswan and TM your both on it tonight arnt you.. obviously not been working hard enough.

The pic is of a driver gettin helped from his cab, shows the unit and front part of trailer/rigid and a few members of the public around the cab helping the driver. Defo a white trailer though Snod uses alot of them. Just curious as the driver looks familiar and he was only less that 2 miles from Snodland (looking at the road signs)  :d:

Chairswan

I stand corrected.  :)

Nomad

Maybe his mum in the red skirt, with welcoming arms outstretched  ;)  8)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

POA Billy

The photo is about 9 years old and is of a unit and trailer.

Chairswan

Wokingham store last night, I heard a wagon who was going to deliver jack-knifed itself when it entered the yard & resulted in getting stuck inside.  :o

kpnut

Quote from: sevenofnine on 10-07-05, 03:13AM
(1) Roundabout above the A1 at the junction of the A414 (Hatfield University).
(2) Friday 11th June 2004 at 20.30 hrs.
(3) Welham Green DC
(4)The cause according to the driver was the load moving. The company's action was to dissmiss the driver after a somewhat elongated proceedure. The tribunal reconvenes on Wednesday 13th July.

very funny how we all keep having the same experiences as far as the loads moving, in the last 9 days i have had to shovel damaged stock out of my trailers 3 times,and according to loading it is not happening, i have every sympathy with the driver involved as it is happening on a daily basis at doncaster, be careful out there.

Scanny

i shut down a delivery last night due to the poor standard of loading. the stock was falling off around a 3rd of the cages including a box that fell on me. the last straw was losing a case of wine off the top of a cage when i pulled it. i down tooled and requested the store manager came to see me then i explained the problem and asked him to lodge a complaint with livi to support the complaint i was going to lodge when i got back. fortunately the 2 back door men supported me 100% and not only pointed out a few cages but also informed him that this problem had been a daily occurence this week. i am going to look at the HSE website for advice on this ongoing and all too common problem. im sure they would have a field day if they ever witnessed a store delivery and looked at how the cages are loaded

PitseaSuspect

Its a bit of a tricky situation Scanny but i agree with what you are doing as I've come across many dodgy cages and loads bein a backdoor man. But more many people its easy to say 'Oh well it happens all the time, lets just unload it'

But when you still get heavy drinks on top of crisps or bog roll i think alot more needs to be done. Hope all goes well and things improve for better  :d:

Chairswan

Does anyone know about a wagon rolling over near Fenny Lock NDC this weekend (?))

billybong

We have had two leave Fenny Lock and go over in the past two weeks. One small wheeled DD at 43 tonnes went over on the A43 / B4100 near Cherwell Valley Sevices, TRG Agency Driver unhurt,  :d: :) adverse camber on roundabout, but it appears the Driver had done nothing wrong, trailer & load appeared OK, wet road, good visibility - no explanation.
The other was last Sunday just up the road from the Fenny Lock depot, past the windmill, over one roundabout and at the second where its a left turn towards Kingston Store that is where it went over. One small wheeled DD at 41 tonnes, TRG Agency Driver injured, dislocated shoulder etc, hospitalised,  :( again it appears the Driver had done nothing wrong 7mph, trailer & load appeared OK, dry road, good visibility, a little windy but nothing too bad - again no explanation..

I would like as much info as possible on DD turnovers as possible please, ideally where, when reason, small or large wheel trailer, please contact me. bill.sillett@ntlworld.com, your identity will remain anonymous, :-X unlike mine.  >:D >:D and info will be put to good use. >:D (-*-) MANY THANKS

gomezz

Quote from: billybong on 20-01-11, 01:48AMOne small wheeled DD at 43 tonnes went over on the A43 / B4100 near Cherwell Valley Sevices, TRG Agency Driver unhurt,  :d: :) adverse camber on roundabout, but it appears the Driver had done nothing wrong, trailer & load appeared OK, wet road, good visibility - no explanation.
Trucks are always tipping over on that junction.  There seems to be a fundemental problem with its design / layout.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

billybong

Thanks for the info gomezz, I had heard that this roundabout has an adverse camber and has a warning sign that flashes if you approach at 20mph or more.
The Driver was observed by two VOSA Traffic Officers at the time of the accident who have allegedly stated that in their opinion the Driver did nothing wrong.
I have not seen the Police witness statements yet but interviewed the Driver and recorded his statement. :)

gomezz

It is strange as the adverse camber warned off does not appear obvious as you drive over it.  It is a bit like the famous Electric Brae where things appear to roll uphill.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

The Mrs

A slide, not a rollover -

Drama as lorry slides down embankment
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=15855

In a picture taken from another angle it looks as though the cab is on the railway track.

value

Any more details on this yet ?

The Mrs

TONKA

According to my sources, the roll over on the A5 was a Tesco Driver from Lichfield on his way to Portmadog. The police are not taking things further, but he has been dismissed by Tesco as his digi card showed he was doing 50mph before the incident.

TONKA

Stobart vehicle with a container of household goods for Tesco falls of a bridge and ends up across 3 lanes of the M56 near Warrington, Unfortunatly the Driver was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15635231

Nomad

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/10770100.Tesco_lorry_overturns_in_Stroud_Green/

QuoteA Tesco lorry driver was lucky to escape with minor injuries after his vehicle overturned under a railway bridge in Stroud Green.

More of a knock over than a roll over ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk