News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:01PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 278
Total: 280

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dairyfresh

Got rid of the voucher booklets for payrise and extra discount after payday

barafear

i thought the christmas vouchers were still staying in place?

T.C.1

Be intresting as the big shareholders got a very nice divi??

Welshie

I didnt know they got rid of xmas vouchers for pay rise, that's a bit c**p

penguin

No the payday voucher books went in exchange for the 15 percent discount after payday, the Christmas vouchers are a totally separate thing.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

dairyfresh

Been confirmed no vouchers but 10%bonus for hours worked between 13th Dec and 9th January
20%discount 15th December for a week
And 15%discount changes to start from payday and not the monday

dildal100

No value working for Tesco any more.

T.C.1

At least we are getting something to replace thank you vouchers not like when colleagues lost the yearly bonus??

barafear

Quote from: barafear on 08-11-20, 01:33PM
i thought the christmas vouchers were still staying in place?

Hmmm....I'm glad Penguin confirmed my thinking that the Christmas vouchers were a completely separate thing.

Then again, Jason Tarry's email has just confirmed that there will be no Christmas vouchers!!

But as dairyfresh has confirmed, we're getting a 10% bonus for hours worked from 13 Dec - 9 Jan, getting 20% discount for a week (Tues 15 - Mon 21 Dec) and they're changing when the regular 15% runs from.....

Hard to know whether this is an improvement on the Christmas Vouchers.....

which were worth at least £20 (or was it £18 when they changed the discount)
I was looking forward to the discount on the Bayliss & Harding Gift sets (wouldn't buy them at normal price!!!)

Ok, so we're getting a 10% bonus on our hours for 4 weeks. Not to be sniffed at ......but I'm guessing it's not going to be a quiet one!!
the 20% discount is really only an uplift on the "normal 15%" we get after payday - so it's basically an extra 5% and runs for a few days more.
The other change is just semantics - yes a lot of people complained that the discount should run from payday - so from that point of view, it's helpful - but nothing "extra"

Unfortunately, the bottom line, whether we like it or not, is that many people would be grateful to have a job - so moaning about no Christmas vouchers is the least of our worries.

grim up north

I'm happy to have a 10% bonus on my hours worked over christmas. It'll work out far more than the vouchers. Same for a great number of staff

kaled78

just a shame it's taxable

T.C.1

At least we have a new CEO that has come from a retail environment so that's why there's a 10% bounus over Christmas as its busy busy busy.

notsofunny

Quote from: T.C.1 on 08-11-20, 02:01PM
Be intresting as the big shareholders got a very nice divi??

You should have invested in them as well then , I mean some of us got them when they was over £3 so the divi does not cover the loss  does it ? and you seem to forget that most of the divi goes to pension funds as well as those that no longer work and have lost out over the last few years ,
What's that saying ,,, You got to be in it to win it ,,, but then you could be in it and lose what you put into it ,,,,,,,,,

notsofunny

Quote from: grim up north on 09-11-20, 05:13PM
I'm happy to have a 10% bonus on my hours worked over christmas. It'll work out far more than the vouchers. Same for a great number of staff

I agree , I would think that those on the lower end of the pay scale will be able to get it tax free , and for  all of us to  spend it on what we  want ,, Aldi and so on which the vouchers did not allow us to do  making us spend it in store ,,

For the rest of you it should work out at about £7 per £100 over 4 weeks ,and the 20% for one week as well as looking forwards to the 15% each pay day going forwards ,

I think it was a pain carrying around the vouchers ,losing them , and in some cases having to chase around the Managers when they did not give them to us ,,

Also is it not a great way to make sure every one does the Hours during these time , cuts down on sick ,, well you all don't think they are just thinking of you do you ? :D

barafear

Quote from: T.C.1 on 09-11-20, 06:46PM
At least we have a new CEO that has come from a retail environment so that's why there's a 10% bounus over Christmas as its busy busy busy.

Is this a 10% Christmas bonus or is this bonus once again linked to "working during lockdown - ok technically Dec isn't supposed to be lockdown - but you understand the gist"?

I'm not sure we'll get a 10% bonus every Christmas ......I still think this is somewhat connected with Covid.

notsofunny

I think its all linked part to do with the Virus part to do with them removing the Coupons , I dont think it has to anything to do with the new CEO since they would have decided to get rid of the Coupons long time ago , as to will you get it every year  I would think it would be a good idea if they did since part of the problem around this time of year is staff going sick or taking Holidays , after all some will rethink about booking holidays/sick since it will be paid only for those that work the hours ,,

chris9997

i think your right  it is connected with covid and the extra burden on the work because of it , i was suprized when i read somewhere that next year (2021) they are contining with the 15% discount after payday (although changing from M-Th to F-mon) i was under the impresion this was a given the reason given to replace the chrismas vouchers.

BUY TESLA STOCK

They can’t even get the self scans to take 10% staff discount off a £3 meal deal in my store at the moment.

Scruff

Not really a benefit question but does any one know if occupational health can provide CBT counselling for anxiety?

Mark calloway

You can self refer on the nhs for cbt but there maybe a wait. There's definitely stuff online though.

dotnochance

Has the staff discount moved to fri-Monday now?

grim up north

TheDotComLife

Not sure if this counts as STAFF BENEFITS related, but i don't know how to start a thread so have come to post it in this thread as its the closest subject matter to my question.

I was wondering if anyone was worried about losing money on their Tesco Shares this month with the share consolidation of every 19 shares being reduced to 15 per shareholder?

I know they are giving all shareholders 50p per share to compensate the loss of shares but i can't help feeling i will lose some money here.

I'm not really experienced in share trading though so i'd appreciate anyone's feedback if they know better and understand fully what will happen.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Open the Etoro website and invest in Tesla.

notsofunny

Quote from: TheDotComLife on 10-02-21, 04:59PM
Not sure if this counts as STAFF BENEFITS related, but i don't know how to start a thread so have come to post it in this thread as its the closest subject matter to my question.

I was wondering if anyone was worried about losing money on their Tesco Shares this month with the share consolidation of every 19 shares being reduced to 15 per shareholder?

I know they are giving all shareholders 50p per share to compensate the loss of shares but i can't help feeling i will lose some money here.

I'm not really experienced in share trading though so i'd appreciate anyone's feedback if they know better and understand fully what will happen.

Look up topic Tesco shares buy or sell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk