News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 03:49PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Rumble

Started by kaled78, 12-03-23, 03:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaled78

No doubt this new wonder system won't include hours for the 2 rumbles we have to do AM and PM in our store.

QuoteThis new thread started by Admin as the topic rumble had 'infected' another non related thread.  Nomad

londoner83

Rumble was abolished as a routine a few years ago. There is even dept training that describes seeing immaculate presented shelves as being a sign that you have too many hours in the wrong place.

kaled78

Tell that to our store manager, we still have to rumble twice a day!

Himynameus

Our store still rumble twice a day most days get a WhatsApp message on our department group at 12pm and 3pm most days.

chris9997

If it's true that rumble finished quite a while ago, this is a prime example of store managers not following company rules. Which happens a lot.
Rumble is generally I believe a waste of time as if an isle is so bad it needs tidy and face up then it would be fairly evident of a lot of customer sales in which case a fill from back stock is more useful for customer satisfaction.

Duff McKagan

When I first started with the company 'rumble' in our store was when everyone, management included dragged out backstock cages, filled the shelves and faced it all up, then it became just facing up, then just taking the plastic and cardboard off and now it doesn't happen at all. The store looks an absolute bomb site after 2pm.

penguin

Back when I first started rumble was the big thing, everyday 2pm everyone was doing it only anyone on tills or actually with a customer at the time was let off, SM would patrol the store and until he was happy rumble would not end, by the time I left years later you were lucky if anyone even did a token effort at it, like so many things in Tesco standards were allowed to slip and slip and slip until someone thought lets not bother at all.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Freeatlast

Rumble was never funded from an hours perspective in the model. From memory I think it started around 98 as part of "Future" and was originally called "Bugle Call" it has had many iterations over the years with SDs and SM having their own variations of what it should look like. It did make a difference to the look and feel of the store. We ended up with 2 rumbles in one store I was in purely because of dot com trashing the shop. The cost of rumble was in the region of 75+ million a year which as I have said was never in the model. This was because in the beginning it was only managers who done it, however the rest of store got dragged in and it morphed into a beast that was too expensive to fund so they just let us carry on. So if someone tells you you're saving hours from not rumbling they weren't there in the 1st place.

Redshoes

Rumble was called "give 60" in the store I worked in when it started. The idea was that it would go on for no longer than 60 mins and everybody who was not serving a customer took part.
I saw "one touch fill" launch. We were told that there would no longer be any backstock and what came in would go straight out on the shelves.
Then "price promise", that I was told was here to stay, just like IDQ. We don't even chase IDQ now, there are still reports but there is no longer any pressure to pass.
Things change, we evolve. No rumble but shop floor colleagues should tidy as they fill.

Batmanjo

Quote from: Redshoes on 13-03-23, 08:53PMRumble was called "give 60" in the store I worked in when it started. The idea was that it would go on for no longer than 60 mins and everybody who was not serving a customer took part.
I saw "one touch fill" launch. We were told that there would no longer be any backstock and what came in would go straight out on the shelves.
Then "price promise", that I was told was here to stay, just like IDQ. We don't even chase IDQ now, there are still reports but there is no longer any pressure to pass.
Things change, we evolve. No rumble but shop floor colleagues should tidy as they fill.

When someone says to me 'EVOLVE' that means to me they have made a massive blunder and don't wish to explain or cover up something up that was managements fault. I never did rumble but an 8 year old could have foreseen the pitfalls that would have come from rumbling it was all due to a lack of staff on the shop floor.     

penguin

Rumble at least lives on in Sainsburys, I was shopping in there this afternoon when it was announced in a very formal tone on the tannoy "all staff please begin the afternoon rumble immediately, I repeat all staff please begin the afternoon rumble immediately"
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

Dunno about your local Sainsbury but mine has the most miserable bunch of staff! Last week got tutted and frowned at for being in the way of a bloke pushing an EMPTY cage...hardly heavy that he'd had to strain in stopping and starting again! CSD was more interested in admiring and titivating her hair in the glass door reflection than serving me...shelf edge stripping fell off and I attempted to give it to the guy filling, but told to leave it on the floor as it kept falling off...was charged full price for the leg of lamb on offer for half price, but the joint I had wasn't in the offer as it didn't have the red offer label on it so I'd got it from a different chiller as only the ones with the red label on were on offer, and I should have checked  ???  :o...told her they can't do that and obviously it was pre offer stock with a different barcode...nope went right over her head of understanding, "do you want it or not!"  :-X

When you think how much we'd get it in the ear if we didn't take the customer to the item, continuously smiling and chatting en route!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

I was amused at someone rumbling the meal deal shelves today ... during peak lunchtime period! 
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk