News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-05-24, 12:37AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,908
  • Latest: Old man
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,562
  • Total Topics: 647
  • Online today: 654
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 636
Total: 637

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londoner83

Legally as it currently stands you can't be made to work a Sunday hence the Sunday opt out. Unless law changes you can't be scheduled into a Sunday against your will.

Cocktail

Quote from: Scojor on 06-02-24, 01:24PMMy understanding is obviously there will be a pay rise because of National wage going up, and to offset the costs then Sunday/Bank Holiday premium will disappear.

Thus making Sunday a normal day to move colleagues into on Right Hours Right Place!
the premium will eventually disappear and when it is taken away you won't be worse off for a Sunday shift, for example if the premium should disappear now you'll still be paid £12.89 ph.

oldfashionedplayer

Aye if anything they'll get rid of premium but with the increase in minimum, overall you'll still be above what you were before... That'll be how they'll pass it off as a "great benefit" even though it'll be literally pence of a rise.

kaled78

Wages clerk gone in my store as well

fatlad

Wonder when the results from the pay negotiations are released?

Rfc

1982dave

How did you find that out

person7

why 5th of march? bit random tuesday 5th march to tell us what pay rates will be from 1st april, very short notice i need to budget for 12 months ahead and i still no idea what bills i can afford yet as no idea what payrates will be (if they change to just bare minimum wages i have to cancel netflix or be in the red every month due to my rent going up extra £120 a month!

barafear

Not convinced that the info about 5th March is accurate.  In theory Tesco might not legally need to pay us the increase until our pay date in April (26 April). So if we did find out on 5th March that might be 52 days before it actually applies. I think it unlikely Tesco would delay any increase that long ( bad publicity) but it appears the legalities around when companies need to comply allow this to happen.

Raven

I think it was well into April when the previous pay rise kicked in. I remember lots of people complaining that they would be working for less than minimum wage for some of April.

Last year the new pay rate was announced 20th Feb.

barafear

It was only April 1st at less than NLW last year as the pay date happened to be on 2 April.

Raven

Ah, I didn't realise. I thought since people were making a fuss about it it must've been later in the month.

Voulezvous

Still no word of when the payrise is getting announced then?

Garysmith123

They are keeping us all in suspense surely anytime now our guess is £12.05

Spot1

Pay brief is definitely 5th March  came down from union

barafear

Seems like it will only be in pay packet on 26 April. All depend on whether Tesco want it to apply from earlier...for example, we could two weeks at old rate and two weeks at New rate. If they are keeping any sort of BH premium, then I guess they want to skip the Easter weekend before implementing increase

Jacks

It was agreed at last years pay deal, going forward 1st April we will start earning the new rate.

barafear

There seems to be a lot of "agreements" that don't seem to be shared with the wider pool of people it affects.
I don't remember reading that in any official documentation that Tesco produced to announce the 2023 pay review etc.

Am I still right that the only influence from USDAW (or involvement of our fellow staff) is from a small select group of Usdaw reps on a panel? But they feedback the info to USDAW and that gets shared equally amongst all union members - or all staff?

grim up north

In the recent union leaflet, it's says the current Usdaw president works for T*. It even says where she lives, so perhaps check local T* stores to her and ask her in person? You could also mention the partnership agreement

Murphy01

Quote from: barafear on 07-02-24, 02:31PMNot convinced that the info about 5th March is accurate.  In theory Tesco might not legally need to pay us the increase until our pay date in April (26 April). So if we did find out on 5th March that might be 52 days before it actually applies. I think it unlikely Tesco would delay any increase that long ( bad publicity) but it appears the legalities around when companies need to comply allow this to happen.
It's correct we are having a pay brief on the 5th March in stores and selected locations

SAMCRO

Spoke to a few union reps from different stores today. They've all been told March 5th 10am is the official release of the pay briefing.

I reckon £12 an hour with Sunday and Bank Holiday premiums gone.

barafear

Anyone reckon they might also reduce their max matching % on our pension?

Cocktail

Quote from: SAMCRO on 18-02-24, 05:58PMSpoke to a few union reps from different stores today. They've all been told March 5th 10am is the official release of the pay briefing.

I reckon £12 an hour with Sunday and Bank Holiday premiums gone.
if it's £12 an hour then Sunday and bank holiday premium will NOT completely gone, the £12.89 per hour you get on those days will remain until the normal hour rate catches up to that value.

fatlad

Can't see they will drop their pension contribution & also don't think the premiums will go completely. Sunday pay for instance is £12.89 (if on £11.02p/h) which I think they will probably keep. Think the pay increase would be between £12 & £12.10 & Sunday pay kept at £12.8[.

fatlad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk