Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 07:40PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,433
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markwinters

Had my letter this week, categorically told no going back on the redundancy

Sizzle1968

Quote from: Sunflowers on 25-04-23, 06:30PM^
Routines are going to be a mess. In my store people who do all the 'compliance' stuff are being sent to BWS for two hours while someone who has never done the reductions before is being moved from Health and Beauty to do them.

Why are people being moved off said departments in this way? I thought the whole point of the scheduler was to move people to cover absences like holidays etc. Instead everyone is just being put anywhere for the sake of it. 

However as discussed in the other thread. A lot of it comes down to how accurate your heatmaps are, if people are in the right place they should not be moved.  If a high percentage of colleagues are being moved that is reflective on the store not operating as it should.

We were told if people aren't trained on all fill depts etc there can be a 3 or 4 way move around depts

Nightworker

Quote from: Sizzle1968 on 26-04-23, 10:05AM
Quote from: Sunflowers on 25-04-23, 06:30PM^
Routines are going to be a mess. In my store people who do all the 'compliance' stuff are being sent to BWS for two hours while someone who has never done the reductions before is being moved from Health and Beauty to do them.

Why are people being moved off said departments in this way? I thought the whole point of the scheduler was to move people to cover absences like holidays etc. Instead everyone is just being put anywhere for the sake of it. 

However as discussed in the other thread. A lot of it comes down to how accurate your heatmaps are, if people are in the right place they should not be moved.  If a high percentage of colleagues are being moved that is reflective on the store not operating as it should.

We were told if people aren't trained on all fill depts etc there can be a 3 or 4 way move around depts

Nightworker

Just looked at my final payslip
( not including my redundancy payment)
and my pension contribution hasn't gone through Smart !!! Has this happened to anyone else meant I was £900 short in wages

Moon2020

Quote from: Nightworker on 27-04-23, 12:56AMJust looked at my final payslip
and my pension contribution hasn't gone through Smart !!! Has this happened to anyone else meant I was £900 short in wages
how are you short?

Nightworker

Quote from: Moon2020 on 27-04-23, 12:59AM
how are you short?
£900 pension contribution has come off (deductions) section of wage slip
Instead of payments section of wage slip
So £900 short

Supperapollo

Those leaving via redundancy this week make sure you print off wage slips and p60 as these will be hard to get hold once access to apps has been removed ! Not sure what access will be like! Just a thought for you all! All the very best to everyone leaving this week.

Nightworker

Quote from: Nightworker on 27-04-23, 01:19AM
Quote from: Moon2020 on 27-04-23, 12:59AM
how are you short?
£900 pension contribution has come off (deductions) section of wage slip
Instead of payments section of wage slip
So £900 short
I've worked it out
£300 short my pension has been NI and taxed
Has this happened to anybody else

Night Owl

Good luck to everyone affected by this restructure, I hope you got the outcome you wanted. I finished my final shift today after over 30 years with T. I am grateful for what the company helped me achieve in life. I will miss my colleagues, but not the job. For those remaining as TM, all the best, the new role is massive.I have 2 weeks off before I start my new job, which if I am honest is a dream job for me where I am in life  no early starts no late nights.I look forward to spending my redundancy over the coming years on enjoying my life, dream holidays and days out etc.
Thanks for all the help and advice VLH has provided over the years.

Nomad

Good luck Night Owl. Pop on VLH now & then you may be able to help others, you must have learnt something during your 30 years.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

madness

Quote from: Night Owl on 28-04-23, 07:28PMGood luck to everyone affected by this restructure, I hope you got the outcome you wanted. I finished my final shift today after over 30 years with T. I am grateful for what the company helped me achieve in life. I will miss my colleagues, but not the job. For those remaining as TM, all the best, the new role is massive.I have 2 weeks off before I start my new job, which if I am honest is a dream job for me where I am in life  no early starts no late nights.I look forward to spending my redundancy over the coming years on enjoying my life, dream holidays and days out etc.
Thanks for all the help and advice VLH has provided over the years.

What is the dream job Nightowl?

Night Owl

I don't want to say at this point, due to revealing my identity.

NorthbyNorthwest

Last week for a lot of us here. I'm applying for jobs and hoping I don't get anything until June as I really fancy having a month off!
As previously stated, I will not miss the job, but I will miss the people. Those managers staying are in for a rough few months I think, good luck to you all, your resilience is what will get you through. And VLH, thank you for being a great forum for us all to share our thoughts and feelings. I'm over 30 years in, and now out, but will be popping back in to see how things are going, and may even comment again.
But for now, it's adios, thank you, and don't forget, you're all better than what they tell you!

Nomad

NorthbyNorthwest good luck in your quest, I did the same many years ago and took a month out, very refreshing.

To all who are going I wish you good fortune, in your new endeavours.  :thumbup:  8)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

whatajoke2019

I echo your sentiments entirely Nomad - good luck to everyone leaving the big T.

BritishRacingGreen

And from me too - I wish you all health and happiness in your future adventures. I am seriously sorry for many of those staying. The two here work their backsides off as it is - they're always available to support, advise and talk with. I indeed hope that things work out - for us and for them.

Dor20

I am a long time reader of vlh and have come on and had a read once every few weeks since 2020 but up until now I have never made an account to comment on vlh.

This morning I finished my final shift at Tesco after being a night lead since 2019
Still does not feel like I have left even though I now officially no longer work for Tesco
Last night I spent around 6 hours helping my 2 TM's who needed a lot of help to be shown how a number of produces need following and how they work so god help the 2 new shift leaders who are starting next Tuesday who will be getting trained by the 2 TM's who do not know a lot of stuff themselves despite one of them being in there role since 2003.

Although this is my first time commenting on vlh just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the useful information you have all shared with us all and for everyone who has left Tesco this weekend good luck with whatever your future brings and remember everything happens for a reason

I'm going to be enjoying the next 3 and a half weeks of before I start my new role which being honest is similar to my role I've had a Tesco but looking forward to a new start

To everyone still at Tesco I know some of you have been at Tesco a long time and feel like you don't know anything else but please do realise there are much better things and opportunities out there than just Tesco

5fdp

I would like to wish everyone who have just been made redundant all the best. I finished last week and now have a job with another supermarket doing the same job. Thanks tesco for the money. Remember there is life after tesco.

MaterialGirl

Good luck to those who got their redundancy

NorthbyNorthwest

Thank you Nomad and everyone on VLH!

Moon2020

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone for the help over the years, it has truly been invaluable. I left my shop yesterday amd today it just feels really weird getting up and thinking "so what do I do now?"  :)

Heretodaygonetomorrow

Can anybody see visibility of their redundancy within work and pay yet (Sunday)

It doesn't seem to have been processed for us in our store, the managers who are leaving are still showing as scheduled in next week.

Anybody else in this situation, or can anybody else see an end date?

Thanks all

Night Owl

I would suspect the restructure team at HQ don't work Sunday.
I actually saw the comms message to SM which said" All affected Managers will be removed from W&P by the restructure team, you need do nothing."
Just wait until Tuesday  9am, not that you need to worry.

Specialone

Discount still seems to be working

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk