Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:05PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

Management structure in your store

Started by newdawnrising, 18-08-22, 01:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King1999

Yeah cut hours on a team 5 message and basically use like slaves everywhere else,wanted back in place for Christmas though.....disgusting treatment.

streaker

Hearing that group shrink managers are now getting redundancy??. Any one know if it's true??.

5fdp

Yes to group shrink mgts getting made redundant

streaker

Thanks , seems like those who where there to protect money, get paid off, and those who made money for the company, for  40 plus years and told to f off

NightAndDay

In all seriousness, the shrink manager role was very much a case of being surplus to requirements, it makes sound business sense for shrink to be managed by Shift Leaders, Managers and the Store Manager. Any "innovations" regarding shrink could be fielded by an open ideas policy and the Operations Manager.

SimonF12030

Quote from: streaker on 02-11-22, 02:51PMHearing that group shrink managers are now getting redundancy??. Any one know if it's true??.

One of my ex-managers is a GSM, and he told me he was up for redundancy

Bobmay

Quote from: two00eleven on 28-10-22, 11:44PMFormer Metro store now "Large Express"
Head count of around 90 colleagues takes approx £280k-£300k a week.
Store Manager
Team Manager
Shift Leader x3

Structure 12 months ago was
Store Manager
Team Manager x3
Shift leader x4
Night Manager
Night Shift Leader.

In my store ex metro it was

4 team manager
1 store manager
1 night manager
Plenty of shiftleadsrs

Now
 1 store
1 team manager
1 night manager

In my store they removed more than half the night people we had all together around 23 people in nights now including 1 shift leader and night manager we only have 10 people including myself. Not 1 person have they hired for nights instead they keep hiring morning evening staff every few months. While for nights we had people leaving and not being replaced not even 1 person. I believe they will eemovenight at this store did they remove nights from your store.

Watcher

All management vacancies have been pulled , no recruitment!!
 ???  ???   8-)

Redshoes

There has not been any management recruitment in my area for a very long time. Many stores still have excess managers.

General Thorn

Recruitement in my store is now zero not even for festive colleagues. We have none recruited and now all jobs have been pulled. Wonder why no-one jumped at the chance to work long, unsocial, low paid hours for 2 weeks over Xmas/ New Year  8-) Ah well, happy Xmas to us all  :'(

forrestgimp

We got loads of people applying for temp Xmas jobs at our store. Get a few quid for a few weeks work can't go wrong.

Bobmay

Quote from: two00eleven on 28-10-22, 11:44PMFormer Metro store now "Large Express"
Head count of around 90 colleagues takes approx £280k-£300k a week.
Store Manager
Team Manager
Shift Leader x3

Structure 12 months ago was
Store Manager
Team Manager x3
Shift leader x4
Night Manager
Night Shift Leader.

They removed nights from your store? Was it extremly busy? In my store just like yours was metro now express still with nights though filling shelves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk