News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:05PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 288
Total: 291

Rumble

Started by Tazd9t9, 13-11-22, 11:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazd9t9

Do tesco still do rumble?

Tesc0Wow

Store specific, my store does

Morris999

Every large format should rumble once per day.
When the management restructure happened last year, it was put back into there role packs, and now forms part of the team manager role.

kaled78

yes still twice a day,11am and 4pm

lackofinterest

Quote from: Tazd9t9 on 13-11-22, 11:36AMDo tesco still do rumble?
rumble what's that??? :D  :D  :D

ll

Nothing on the shelves to rumble here...   ???

lucgeo

In my late store, rumble was twice a day...even though the SM had been told by the area manager rumble was no longer a necessity! So every day 2 hours were lost with the 12 noon rumble and the 4pm rumble...pathetic!! Same old colleagues...stock control, back door,shop floor,rolled out for each...section managers did both, then rollicked for not achieving their 'mets', by the SM who only did their specific aisle, and would rather stand leaning on a freezer cabinet yapping on the phone, playing the big I AM, than actually helping!! Then to add to this, the SM would go check aisles and call people back to do again as it didn't look right...yea never my aisle you plonker, I just rumbled the end 3 mods each side, (as you never shuffled your backside further down the aisle) then went and got on with my proper job!!  ;)  :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

whatajoke2019

Don't know if every store is different but in ours a couple of us found if we did it as we filled backstock in the day it actually held up better than if we wasted a couple of hours a day on it!

penguin

I can remember the days when the afternoon rumble was like one of the ten commandments, unless you were on a till or actually attending to a customer you had to take part no exceptions allowed, and to be fair once it was done the store looked decent. Like most things in Tesco as staff numbers declined and less full timers it became less and less important until at best people used to make a token effort, people might say those of us working in the company 20 odd years ago are living in the past but it's more a case of seeing how standards in general have declined and rumble is a fine example of it. I left two years ago now and still go in my old store sometimes and can honestly say it looks like rumble or any sort of facing up if you like happens about once a week. Still that is where cutting experienced staff and managers and replacing them with a few part timers and shift leaders trying to do a massive job that in some cases used to fall upon 3 more senior people gets you.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

BobsBananas

It does in my store since we got a new store manager; he's obsessed with everything being neat and tidy. Doesn't matter if there's very little on the shelf because staff don't have time to fill, as long as what is there looks pristine.
The night staff have to stop filling at 6.00am, then spend an hour following dot com to face up, which is ridiculous. I'm all for stores looking tidy, but this store manager takes it to extremes.
I think it may get to the point where he keeps the store closed so no one can spoil his perfect little paradise!

Mark calloway

Quote from: BobsBananas on 14-11-22, 08:51PMIt does in my store since we got a new store manager; he's obsessed with everything being neat and tidy. Doesn't matter if there's very little on the shelf because staff don't have time to fill, as long as what is there looks pristine.
The night staff have to stop filling at 6.00am, then spend an hour following dot com to face up, which is ridiculous. I'm all for stores looking tidy, but this store manager takes it to extremes.
I think it may get to the point where he keeps the store closed so no one can spoil his perfect little paradise!
Quote from: BobsBananas on 14-11-22, 08:51PMIt does in my store since we got a new store manager; he's obsessed with everything being neat and tidy. Doesn't matter if there's very little on the shelf because staff don't have time to fill, as long as what is there looks pristine.
100% agree

londoner83

End of the day we are a customer focused business that exists to serve our customers a little better everyday.

All rumble does is prioritise the experience of certain customers over others. Why is it acceptable that a shopper at 2.45pm can shop amongst card on the shelf and items pushed back yet someone entering the store at 4pm gets a packet perfect presented shop?

If you look at the discounters customers really don't care about packet perfect shops......so I don't get the fascination with rumble.

lucgeo

I used to say, and it never went down well whenever I mentioned it, but why are the .com shoppers not pulling forward after they pick their items?
I was always replied with time constraints, but how long does it take to bring forward the tray behind, I wasn't expecting them to face up!
I know pickers for other supermarkets pull forward or face up as they shop?

It always used to amaze me when colleagues would walk down an aisle en route to the warehouse, and not pick up the loose cardboard from the shelves to take with them? A few empty trays aren't heavy!
As a shop floor worker, I would occasionally check the freezer aisles for any dumped fresh items, to be saved before they froze!
I would take a trolley with me for gap scan, collect any empty packaging and pull forward. Little things that don't take but a few minutes, easily done!

Tesc0Wow

Personally I'm not a massive fan of rumble. I don't really see the point. It's a waste of time when we're already stretched. I do think going up and down each aisle and decarding is a good idea. But that doesn't take long.

BobsBananas

It's got to the stage in the store that I work in that presentation is more important than availability. It doesn't matter if there are gaps as long as it looks perfect.
I'm pretty sure customers don't walk down the aisles thinking "ooh, this is neat, so I'm not bothered that they don't have what I need."

dembow

The funny thing is, the obsession with everything being packet perfect was supposed to have gone out the window ages ago.

Tesco "redefined" the rumble several years ago, as can be seen in this youtube video:

Mark calloway

Quote from: lucgeo on 15-11-22, 10:19AMI used to say, and it never went down well whenever I mentioned it, but why are the .com shoppers not pulling forward after they pick their items?
I was always replied with time constraints, but how long does it take to bring forward the tray behind, I wasn't expecting them to face up!

It always used to amaze me when colleagues would walk down an aisle en route to the warehouse, and not pick up the loose cardboard from the shelves to take with them? A few empty trays aren't heavy!
As a shop floor worker, I would occasionally check the freezer aisles for any dumped fresh items, to be saved before they froze!
I would take a trolley with me for gap scan, collect any empty packaging and pull forward. Little things that don't take but a few minutes, easily done!

couldn't agree more. Winds me up when dot comedy see us facing up and then just take several items and leave. Then proceed to chat to each other for several minutes.

DotcommingAndLobbing

Quote from: Mark calloway on 15-11-22, 04:42PM
Quote from: lucgeo on 15-11-22, 10:19AMI used to say, and it never went down well whenever I mentioned it, but why are the .com shoppers not pulling forward after they pick their items?

couldn't agree more. Winds me up when dot comedy see us facing up and then just take several items and leave. Then proceed to chat to each other for several minutes.

:D If you think that's bad, several dotcommers including me just lob the incorrect products somewhere on the shelf >:D . In dotcom if you dither about your pick rate is buggered then the dotcom managers and team leaders whinge about it. Don't hate the player hate the game.

filling-machine

Hours for rumble and facing up were removed 5 or 6 years ago. Night teams are supposed to be facing top and bottom shelves only, and just a quick decard and tidy on the rest. In reality, SMs and SDs expect better standards than ever before, despite there being zero hours in the model..........

zebot1976

We do it and it's a complete & utter waste of time but the Store manager insist on it, we are a busy store so by the time you finished your isle it's a mess again from the point you first started, & within the hour all the shelves are a mess again so really what the point.

It's a couple of hours everyday wasted just to make the shop look pretty for an hour, some staff love it because once they finished they go home, while others have to catch up on what they where doing before rumble.

Mark calloway

Quote from: DotcommingAndLobbing on 15-11-22, 08:39PM

:D If you think that's bad, several dotcommers including me just lob the incorrect products somewhere on the shelf >:D . In dotcom if you dither about your pick rate is buggered then the dotcom managers and team leaders whinge about it. Don't hate the player hate the game.
YOU are the problem. It takes a second or two to pull something forward.

DotcommingAndLobbing

Quote from: Mark calloway on 16-11-22, 04:59AM
Quote from: DotcommingAndLobbing on 15-11-22, 08:39PM

YOU are the problem. It takes a second or two to pull something forward.

That's too much, every second counts towards your pick rate. Tidying up is grocery's job. Especially with how busy dotcom is with orders. Chit chat with fellow dotcommers is essential to keep morale high. 8)

Also it takes 3-5 seconds on average to pull stuff foward which adds up when you get a trolley with 140 so thats 5-11 minutes dithering about pulling stuff foward

lucgeo

So if you don't pull forward because it takes time off your picking rate, what about the next picker for the same product? They have to pull forward to reach the item ???

madness

As a neutral to dot com picking and grocery, chill filling  it does slow them down too much, a few seconds per item over a whole shift means other departments end up picking near the end.
However dot com pickers are the WORST for extra toilet breaks, just getting a drink, standing about everytime they pass their mate in the aisle.
That is where the frustraction from the fillers comes from.

DotcommingAndLobbing

Quote from: lucgeo on 18-11-22, 08:51AMSo if you don't pull forward because it takes time off your picking rate, what about the next picker for the same product? They have to pull forward to reach the item ???

Closer to being first place on the leaderboard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk