News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 05:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

New changes happening October.

Started by Bobmay, 28-08-22, 12:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Harper

The whole thing is a shambles, my store manager has already dismissed it, told us not to worry & just continue as normal.

biggerpicture

How can this be launched when the ideal base is wrong for dairy\meat?

Smithy

In our store a colleague who normally works on H&B has been scheduled to work on checkouts between 19:30 & 00:00.  We close at 20:00  :D

lackofinterest

like charlie harper and a lot of other people say, its a f****ng shambles created by people who have never worked in a store or/and don't understand how stores operate. all in the name of cost cutting/capitalism. the scheduling system will be abandoned within weeks if not days. tosco heirarchy can't organise things on a day to day basis so what chance have they got looking 3 weeks ahead. the majority of staff including most managers in the store i work think its an absolute load of bollux

lackofinterest

by the way tesdaw have got a lot to answer for for allowing this bollux aswell

lackofinterest

Quote from: Morris999 on 15-04-23, 07:27PMColleagues are able to see it in my store today and have been kicking off over it!
After us managers looking out for it all yesterday and nothing happening, it was the colleagues first thing this morning that noticed it had changed first.
To say it's making stupid discussions about who's working where is an understatement.
The SM has told us all to not plan anything for Monday and to go over it with a fine tooth Combe and sort it out.
f*** the store manager. tell them to dare to tell the arseholes who created the problem to sort it out. majority are too frightened to. they need to grow a f****ng backbone instead of worrying about bonuses they don't NEED. if they do then they are living above their means/NEEDS

joegg

I work in a dept with a skill rate but have been told that recently the old pay system of my skill payment goes with me whatever dept i work on has been got rid of and I no longer get the skill rate when I do shifts on other depts anymore ,therefore if I'm moved from my skill dept to say checkouts by the scheduler I lose pay .

lackofinterest

refuse to move unless you get your skill rate. them at the top don't give a s**t tho as long as they make themselves richer >:(

NeglectedBaker

Quote from: joegg on 16-04-23, 11:58PMI work in a dept with a skill rate but have been told that recently the old pay system of my skill payment goes with me whatever dept i work on has been got rid of and I no longer get the skill rate when I do shifts on other depts anymore ,therefore if I'm moved from my skill dept to say checkouts by the scheduler I lose pay .
it's interesting isnt it, I guess it depends on if you're flexi contract, multiskilled or on your availability.. If anyone could enlighten that'd be great 👍🏻

NeglectedBaker

Quote from: lackofinterest on 17-04-23, 12:26AMrefuse to move unless you get your skill rate. them at the top don't give a s**t tho as long as they make themselves richer >:(
:thumbup:

londoner83

That's going to be a major flaw. Whilst I can see the case that if a Baker picks up a OT shift on tills they shouldn't be getting skilled bakers pay - it can't be fair that effectively your pay rate is cut for your contracted shifts.

If (in some stores more theory than practise) your store manager ever helps out filling etc would be interesting to see if the same rules apply to them and instead of their pay they get GA rate for those hours.

Davethebave

In theory, the system is great. Moving people around the store to areas that need support.

I'm not impressed by some of the moves but I can also intervene and amend the moves that don't make sense. I've been told that it is up to the store to make sure the moves work and there is no rule that says that we can't cancel the moves if they are non sense.

Ultimately it's a project that has the potential to be game changing but sadly feels like it's been rushed and it's broken.

Morris999

Quote from: joegg on 16-04-23, 11:58PMI work in a dept with a skill rate but have been told that recently the old pay system of my skill payment goes with me whatever dept i work on has been got rid of and I no longer get the skill rate when I do shifts on other depts anymore ,therefore if I'm moved from my skill dept to say checkouts by the scheduler I lose pay .

From what I remember from all the briefings about Work & Pay and auto scheduling over the years, it will eventually work like this.

If management or system changes your department from a skills payment area to a non skills area then you keep the skills payment.
However if you take overtime on a non skill's payment area then when the system is capable in the future you won't get the skill's payment.
However it isn't capable currently!

Also a watch out that we were briefed on last year that will be live when it happens later this year is the following-
If you are contacted to a Sunday and you say you can work a different day and the system moves you out of a Sunday, you will lose the sunday premium!
Same for night premiums too!
Let's just say all our contracted Sunday colleagues said they couldn't move their Sunday shift anywhere else after that.

Bloko

I have been working for Tesco since last Xmas I was a temp and at the start of January me and a few others got kept on.
Before Xmas I was working on dairy but when I got my new contract in January (when I was made permanent) I got told I'm being kept on but they do not have enough hours for me on dairy so i would no longer be on dairy but instead get a permanent contract on checkouts.

So since January I have been working 3 days a week on checkouts that is my contracted shifts with regular overtime being 1 or 2 days a week that my old dairy manager has been giving me as well.

On my Tesco it says my primary department is checkouts and 2 secondary departments which is dairy cabinet and produce (I have never worked on produce before)

The new schedular system has put me in on week 11 as 2 of my contracted 9 hour shifts on produce and 1 of my 9 hour shifts 3 hours on checkouts and then 4.5 hours on produce

Am I right in thinking the schedular has done this because produce has hours left over and checkouts is overspending that week and that would be why I will only be on checkouts for 3 hours that week although it is my primary department?

Not to sure if anyone will know yet because the schedular system is brand new but would my manager on checkouts be able to change my contracted shifts from produce back to checkouts by herself or would she need to speak to the produce manager about it first? And am I likely to have a similar week on week 12 and be on another department more than my primary department of checkouts guess I'll have to wait and see what it is showing for week 12 this time next week

The new schedular system seems to be a bit chaos for some people but personally I am hoping I will be able to get off checkouts more (I want to try to get back on dairy at some point but currently the dairy manager does not have enough hours for me so is just giving me 1 or 2 shifts a week overtime) and for now I hope to spend less of my contracted shifts on checkouts,Personally for me I prefer being on the shop floor rather than being at a checkout and colleagues I have asked in my store and seeing other people's opinions online it seems most people feel the same way as me apart from my older colleagues and 1 or 2 others.

JJH

Bloko, your reasoning around why you've been moved is spot on. Checkouts will be deemed to be over hours and produce under hours.

Checkout manager in theory can change your hours back to checkouts but would need to be able to justify doing so rather than just having extra hours for the sake of it.

I'd be questioning why you have produce as a skill when not trained(although serve, pick & fill should have sorted this). However, principles of working on dairy and produce are pretty similar.

londoner83

Yes checkout manager could move you back but that would create tills being over hours and a produce shift unfilled that would need OT to fill.

The whole purpose of this system is to move people in over hours departments into areas short thus cutting the amount of OT being spent.

JJH

The idea and logic is sound, the execution has been f**king dreadful.

kaled78

Went in today and was told by the store manager to ignore it, and every manager will be moving staff back onto their own departments, new heat maps are due soon and it will be updated accordingly.

King1999

The problem is they have cut hours too much everywhere.

xtrouble

During 1 5:30 shift the scheduler has me on

Produce 1 hr
Grocery 30 mins
BWS 2 hrs
Meat 2 hrs

Our SM has basically said to ignore it, but that's not really the answer. The higher ups should be made aware of the shambles, and forced to sort it out (or admit its not fit for purpose and cancelling it), before more hours are cut due to the scheduler making everything more "efficient"

NorthbyNorthwest

From what I've read on here, what I've heard on my group, and of course from in store, I would not be surprised to see an email/comms come down to say it's all being binned.

OldTimer

So glad I'm out of it... maybe I am a dinosaur I'm taking redundancy after 30 plus years always embraced change but this new scheduling  :o  they need to put it into 'family groups' if your service trained on checkouts desk PFS etc be scheduled as such, fresh be scheduled across dairy produce or bread and cakes... just seen lady on CSD scheduled on wines and spirits, health & beauty and frozen on a 4 hour shift... with just an hour on the desk :o Crazy... know and understand the need to be multi skilled this serve pick and fill not everyone quite fits into every job....backdoor guy scheduled to fill flowers for an hour  :o  :D

Hammer10

Toatally agree had me a skilled baker on produce for 1.5 hours when I normally am doing production and a chap from meat dept in bakery and he is not skilled doing production me thinks the bright spark who thought about this idea needs to find a dark room and go xxxx themselves.

londoner83

Plus the scheduler takes no account of the people it's moving.

Colleague A a small petite older female may well have completed grocery training but putting her on a grocery shift to fill 20 dollies whilst putting the usual Colleague B (beefcake grocery youth) onto GM is surely going to result in either the task not being done or taking much longer, not to mention Colleague A potentially getting a strain or injury.

Whilst everyone's contracts were changed at the drop of a hat with the payrise how many older cashiers (50's, 60's) thought they would suddenly be expected to spend the majority of their shifts filling BWS, Frozen or produce?

Also with store WiFi notoriously poor the schedule puts the onus on you to check out your work pattern at home for which you are unpaid. Could long term we have another PFS clocking in scandal on our hands?

chris9997

The thing I find is odd is the this auto schedular is not very exact I was expecting that with the app you see where you are and start replenishment instead as it states grocery/ dairy you still have to find a mm/ sl to find out exactly where you are.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk