News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 11:55PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,360
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 417
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 320
Total: 322

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalloweenJack

Quote from: kaled78 on 07-04-22, 01:31PM
So long serving staff who were exempt from checkouts,are now going to have to be till trained,once again usdaw has screwed us over

And long serving checkout staff who only thought they would sit down and scan stuff will be heading to shop floor for filling.....

Hibobhi

Will dotcom one trained on checkouts

Tossgo

Quote from: Hibobhi on 07-04-22, 01:54PM
Will dotcom one trained on checkouts

Yes.

"Tesco will train all staff in the core skills needed to work across the store:
 Serve on a checkout or self-serve;
 Pick a Dotcom order (if the store has a dotcom operation);
 Fill the shelves.
This 'Serve, Pick, and Fill training' will enable all colleagues who don't already have the skills, to work in other areas. This will increase the opportunity to work overtime hours elsewhere in the store"

Storck

Quote from: kaled78 on 07-04-22, 01:31PM
So long serving staff who were exempt from checkouts,are now going to have to be till trained,once again usdaw has screwed us over

According to the brief the 2005 agreement is still in place but excludes self serve and dot.com picks

Checkout Superstar

Wonder what will happen with Stock Control, in our store they have always been exempt from checkouts. Esp during job14 time.

NightAndDay

Ca's and Shift Leaders getting 55p more per hour, again another hit to the pay differentials, someone at head office needs their head examining, the nominal rate has been the same for the past few pay reviews, even less incentive to be a shift leader now.

Hibobhi

I don't want or ever take over time so why would I want to be till trained

Tossgo

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 07-04-22, 02:20PM
Wonder what will happen with Stock Control, in our store they have always been exempt from checkouts. Esp during job14 time.

There won't be such thing as "stock control people". Everyone will be named "Tesco colleague" and will be trained on checkouts, dot com (if in store) and filling.

King1999

Did you not read that they will still do the majority of hours in their  own department......but anyway stock controls a dead department anyway so who cares.

NightAndDay

Another thing to add is that by the time they implement tbe pay increase the competitors will have been paying £10 an hour for a good 4-6 months meaning Tesco are still behind the majority of competitors in real calculated pay terms.

Your corner shop down the road will probably be paying more at this rate.

HalloweenJack

Quote from: Hibobhi on 07-04-22, 02:30PM
I don't want or ever take over time so why would I want to be till trained

So you can sit on a checkout during a Team 1 / Multiskilled call ; as part of the new and exciting Serve, Pick, and Fill training , apparently.

TheDD

Any one else here feel delivery drivers have been stitched up again? 2 years ago in some stores drivers were given a 1p pay rise, given that there was a pay rise, location pay was taken away. Now only a increase to £11 an hour when other company's are a lot more. I hear of most stores struggling to recruit/keep drivers due to the difficulty of the job and the pay. Any drivers here finding that stores are cancelling orders/routes to staff shortage? This was the time that they could put it right with the pay and match other competitors, I'm sure they could make every store run at full capacity if they increased the pay to £11.50... but once again driver's feeling angry towards the head office. Im sure for most other departments its a good rise however for drivers this is a massive disappointment.

Brez

There are 20+ driver vacancies advertised for my store, they've been advertised for over 3 months now, tells you all you need to know.

TheDD

Also believe that shift leaders don't get a skill rate like the drivers do? Surely if they're fully trained in dotcom then they should also get a skill rate? What happens when a shift leader has to take a route out? They should receive the rate as an extra premium on top of the current wage

Tossgo

Quote from: TheDD on 07-04-22, 03:53PM
Also believe that shift leaders don't get a skill rate like the drivers do? Surely if they're fully trained in dotcom then they should also get a skill rate? What happens when a shift leader has to take a route out? They should receive the rate as an extra premium on top of the current wage

Shift/Fulfilment Leaders should not be driving as it's not within there role and states this on there "Role Pack" if they choose to be lulled into the "we are short" "we are desperate" "you have too" ploy then bigger fools them.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Brez on 07-04-22, 03:48PM
There are 20+ driver vacancies advertised for my store, they've been advertised for over 3 months now, tells you all you need to know.

Our store goes through drivers like there's no tomorrow.

penguin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 07-04-22, 02:25PM
Ca's and Shift Leaders getting 55p more per hour, again another hit to the pay differentials, someone at head office needs their head examining, the nominal rate has been the same for the past few pay reviews, even less incentive to be a shift leader now.

But still plenty of people willing to take on shift leader in express at least as the carrot of being an express store manager or moving to line manager or whatever its called now in main format if one does will as shift leader keeps being waved around. Most people soon see it for what it is and work out little chance to move on but Tesco just shout "next"
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nightworker23

I don't understand why drivers are complaining. They get 90p per hour more for a do called "skilled" payment. I've been driving for nearly 40 years, everything from cars, vans, busses. Even a fire engine and a tank. I've never had an accident or a ticket, so would consider myself a good driver. I don't see it as a skill though. It's just something you're either good at or you're not!
In fact, the dot com drivers on our store have it very easy, especially those on a late shift. They usually get back at about 10pm, and then just sit in the canteen until they clock off at 11pm.
Add that up over a a week, a year and then times it by £11 an hour.
It's a lot, and considerably increases the over all pay!!

Hammer10

Our store is the same can't keep drivers cancelled deliveries due to lack of pickers and drivers.

madness

lol driving a van being a skill... you get paid more than bus drivers.

TheDD

Driving is just half of the job. With the area my store deliver too our drivers carry nearly all the deliveries into flats. Has its perks in the summer but all still out in the pouring rain or snow. The face of tesco out on the road. Im sure a lot of people here would find it hard work compared to sitting on a checkout. Drivers also have the responsibility of completing legal documents and have to complete a lot more training than any other colleague. 

TheDD

Also driving is classed as a skill, not everyone can drive. You have to learn and practice driving to master it. Even as a CDD you have to complete a number of e learning modules and complete a driving assessment. Therefore it is a skill

barafear

The usual negative comments on ourTesco - which I do agree with.
Once again, Tesco are "trumpeting" this as a good pay review.

In basic terms -

NLW (over 23s) increased by 59p/hour from April.
We get 55p/hour from the end of July.

Forget about % or whatever, that is the gist of it - Tesco have just moved us closed to the NLW.

If the NLW increases by a similar amount next year - and I'd actually wager that it might even go up more - then once again, the NLW from April next year will be more than the new rate Tesco have announced today!!

Clearly, Tesco (and other companies) will be badgering the Govt and the "independent" low pay committee (or whatever committee recommends the NLW every year) to ensure that the increase does not go above £10.10!!!

I've lost the will to complain anymore - in summary, it's an extremely poor pay review.

Mickymouse1962

I am.pre 2005 so mo checkouts or dot com or shop floor just what I do noe

FarmerFred

Quote from: TheDD on 07-04-22, 05:04PM
Driving is just half of the job. With the area my store deliver too our drivers carry nearly all the deliveries into flats. Has its perks in the summer but all still out in the pouring rain or snow. The face of tesco out on the road. Im sure a lot of people here would find it hard work compared to sitting on a checkout. Drivers also have the responsibility of completing legal documents and have to complete a lot more training than any other colleague.
Plenty of other departments have to complete "legal documents", be out in the pouring rain, deal with stroppy customers or do hours of strenuous physical labour. The store I work in, I've seen plenty of folk go over to CDD - very few ever go the other way. Years ago, drivers who got back early - particularly on evenings - would be put to work in the store. On one occasion I got three to help tip & fill a fresh double decker - something I often have to do solo... they started off full of bravado & calling me a p***y for needing help - they weren't so cocky afterwards & soon disappeared when I told them that the next one was about to pull up! Every role has its' challenges & maybe this business of spreading people's time around the business might give people an insight into that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk