News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 10:15AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,338
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

In the past, when you used a self-service pump to buy fuel, the exact cost would only show up against your account balance one or two days after you filled up. This could make it hard to track your daily spend.

Soon, the way you pay for fuel at self-service pumps will change. When you insert or tap your card at a self -service pump, your bank will temporarily reserve an amount from your available balance while you fill up. This could be up to £120.

But not to worry, once you've finished filling up, this will be updated to your bank and you'll only be charged for the amount you've spent.

https://www.visa.co.uk/pay-with-visa/pay-at-pump.html

Nomad

Tesco staff wearing bodycams as one store loses €10,000 a week to theft

QuoteAround €10,000 worth of stock is shoplifted from the Tesco store on Paul Street every week

Coming to a shop near you  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Twinkeltoes1

And why is that amount being taken?  Because good ols Tesco will not allow security staff to d the job, I was in a store as Security Manager which was one of the worst in the Company for violence and theft, we even had an Alsatian on nights with us.......Never had so many violent arrests, mainly the trogs from the local estate, that bad we had 3/4 guards per day, night time store was shut but had dog and 1 guard as the little sh**s used to come over wall. There was one OD( not sure what they are called these days) who wanted to open an entire store with no security, guards, tags etc whatsoever, isnt that right TM. lol

oldfashionedplayer

dunno ours is losing about £7000 a week on spirits, they recently installed barriers in the store and added security on the aisle it dropped to about £5500 lol...its just ridiculous to be honest.

lucgeo

So that'll be 3 body cams per store then, for the total amount of shopfloor staff at any given time? Not that the lowly CA will be supplied with one, that'll be for the SM to parade about making sure they're totally security protected, even though their stock isn't  :-X

This is what happens when those in HO, who have no experience or knowledge of working in a store, just don't get it! Slashing the staff hours to the bone and number crunching may save on budgets, but not on shrink! Every red call is a thief's heads up that the floor will be totally devoid of staff, rather than just the usual one or two to look out for!

I'll admit I gave up clocking the shoplifters years before I left, having noted the total lack of response or support given to those who notified a manager were told to just keep an eye on them!
Then they'd put stock out in the foyer ??? I was stood in full uniform waiting for my lift after a shift once, when a bloke pulled up in a 4x4 and loaded the display pallets of Coke into the back! Needless to say if I had got involved and it turned ugly for me, it would have ended up my own fault as I was off duty :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Morris999

Most stores were given at least 4 body cams last year if not before.
Duty, self-service, off till and security should wear them at all times.
If store has more, then CSD and BWS colleagues should then also wear them.
They are more of a deterrent against abuse from customers, and I'm aware of at least 2 occasions over the past year were customers have been arrested and prosecuted by police/courts based on body cam footage, where without them police wouldn't have bothered.
It's also drastically cut abuse from customers in my store along with false complaints about self -service colleagues too.

Nomad

Tesco makes a big change to Clubcard points – and drivers will be furious

QuoteAs it stands, you get one point for every £2 of fuel you buy.

The current average cost of a litre of unleaded in the UK is 146.38p, according to the RAC, so two litres cost roughly £2.92.

That means the majority of people will be getting less Clubcard value from buying fuel.

The change excludes Esso filling stations with a Tesco Express store.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

'I nearly vomited because of a Tesco sign - the design team should be ashamed'

QuoteHollie Garrett said: "Imagine caring." Kirsty Louise said: "The people of Hastings didn't fight in 1066 to have to put up with this s*it."

Better to stay silent than speak and prove your ignorance.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco deputy manager who 'forgot to pay' for Red Bull cans loses unfair dismissal claim

QuoteJohn Herd said he "forgot to pay" for the energy drinks on three occasions in October 2021, when he was accused of stealing them, because he was "on the verge of being made homeless" and was losing sleep over it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco loses fight to stop rival supermarket moving into shopping centre

QuoteA discount food store, rumoured to be Lidl, has been given permission to extend and move into a unit at Bradley Stoke's Willow Brook shopping centre despite concerns over a loss of parking.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Revealed: Tesco to move ahead with plans to close eight in-store pharmacies

QuoteTesco confirmed to C+D on Friday (April 14) that it will close the pharmacies affected by the proposals from August – although it could not yet share their locations.

C+D understands that the affected branches are 100-hour pharmacies and are not seeing enough footfall to justify their long opening hours.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Bloko

Wonder what is going to be all over the shelves now instead to show everything is inflated without owning a Clubcard

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/04/19/tesco-clubcard-changes-logo-court-rules-copied-lidl/

BritishRacingGreen

Doesn't bother me. Never shopped at Lidl - never will.

lackofinterest

doesn't bother me. never shopped at tosco- never will >:D

Nomad

Lidl wins trademark lawsuit against Tesco over discount scheme logo

QuoteLONDON, April 19 (Reuters) - German discount supermarket Lidl on Wednesday won a trademark lawsuit against Britain's biggest retailer Tesco (TSCO.L) at London's High Court over the use of a yellow circle on a square blue background.

Lidl sued Tesco in 2020 shortly after Tesco adopted a yellow circle against a blue background to promote its "Clubcard Prices" discount scheme.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

The locations of all eight Tesco pharmacy branches closing from August

• Long Eaton Extra
  •     Reading Extra
  •     Fareham
  •     Glastonbury
  •     Widnes Extra
  •     Bradford Peel Centre
  •     Blackburn
  •     Catterick Garrison
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Council issues update on closed Brooklands Tesco after store shut due to 'Environmental Health situation'

QuoteOne Twitter user even updated customers that the store was evacuated, asking Tesco why this had happened. Tesco responded to shopper Marc Twinberrow, saying: "Hi Marc, thanks for getting in touch," they wrote. " Our support team have advised that the closure is due to unforeseen circumstances and we don't have any further information as yet.

Probable translation: "we don't want it to get out, yet."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Raven

Quote from: Bloko on 19-04-23, 03:04PMWonder what is going to be all over the shelves now instead to show everything is inflated without owning a Clubcard

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/04/19/tesco-clubcard-changes-logo-court-rules-copied-lidl/

I'm surprised they lost this one. The blue is Tesco's corporate colour and yellow is one of the most visible colours on the spectrum and contrasts with blue well so will naturally draw the eye which is the point of the clubcard labels. If I was designing the labels I would have came up with something similar colour wise and thought nothing of it. Tesco's secondary colour of red would still be similar to the Lidl logo if they're just likening the colours... and if that's the case, Morrisons may have a cause to complain too, what with black text being used on a yellow background.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Nomad on 27-04-23, 10:46AMCouncil issues update on closed Brooklands Tesco after store shut due to 'Environmental Health situation'

QuoteOne Twitter user even updated customers that the store was evacuated, asking Tesco why this had happened. Tesco responded to shopper Marc Twinberrow, saying: "Hi Marc, thanks for getting in touch," they wrote. " Our support team have advised that the closure is due to unforeseen circumstances and we don't have any further information as yet.

Probable translation: "we don't want it to get out, yet."
Thousands of rats living under the store. Constant digging and chewing damaged the structure of the store. Some areas (floor) collapsed and exposed the huge rat nest. When floor collapsed rats had to evacuate themselves and flooded the store. Humans retreated to safe positions outside the store trapping rodents in the building.
Specnaz team has been called to handle the problem.......

Nomad

WOW.  Thanks for that info, no wonder they did not want it out in the world.

Rats accumulate where they can get at vast quantities of food, fresh or waste.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

And while they're at it they can look into the pre packed chestnut button mushrooms...can't get any kind of loose mushrooms at my store and yesterday I couldn't find one pack that didn't have overlong stems, they made up a huge proportion of the pack!

I emailed the customer services a few weeks back when the stems were ridiculously big per ratio of the actual mushrooms...if I'd have had a kitchen scales I'd have weighed the stems and compared weights between stem and head! Usual answer given, we'll check with our supplier  >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

4.4m pay for ceo. I do not understand the bulshit like, he will "only" get 3 % payrise. 3% for his 1.7m basic pay is 51k extra.
8% for someone on 20k is 1.6k.
And what is that performance bonus given for?

Hammer10

Over paid ceo who just walks around doing not a lot must be like being a royal paid a lot for for doing sod all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk