Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 296
Total: 299

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

Quote from: Garysmith123 on 03-06-20, 05:58PM
So Tesco have decided that anyone who has been given the 12 weeks isolate as vulnerable have to return to work on the 11th June. This counts even if you have only had 8 weeks and everyone is losing 2 weeks holiday. How can this be fair if you haven’t had the 12 weeks you shouldn’t have to use 2 weeks holiday  >:D >:D

Really ? Fair ? You may want to ask the people who have gone into work everyday to earn their pay if they think any of it is fair . Off 8 weeks still means you've had 6wks pay for sitting at home .
I can understand you wanting to question the usage of your holiday but really you maybe need to think of colleagues who have worked through this when you ask the question .

Dogsbody

And maybe you should think of the people having to sit at home with life limiting chronic diseases before you make a comment like that. I'm absolutely fed up of being thought of as a skiver. This is none of our making.

Welshie

I live with someone who is at home with a terminal illness . I did not say you were skiving,  I'm saying you need to choose your words better as complaining you only got 6 weeks off paid when your colleagues are risking their lives to get their wages or carers are going without wages  is very inconsiderate.

zbkids

While reading the policies im taking it as we are using our holidays or why code them as holiday, it does say if you had 1 week booked during the 12 week period then another week holiday should also be coded as holiday.

4.12 How do I code bank holidays for a Clinically Vulnerable colleague on 12 weeks of isolation?
The two weeks holiday should include bank holidays. So, any bank holidays taken during this period
should be coded as such, and then the balance up to 2 weeks should be taken as normal holiday.

If a Clinically Vulnerable colleague has any pre-booked holiday, this should still be coded as
holiday. For example
o If a colleague already has 3 weeks holiday pre-booked during this 12-week period, these
3 weeks should still be coded.
o If a colleague has pre-booked 1 week of holiday, we should code an additional week
during this 12-week period

Garysmith123

Quote from: Welshie on 04-06-20, 12:36AM
So Tesco have decided that anyone who has been given the 12 weeks isolate as vulnerable have to return to work on the 11th June. This counts even if you have only had 8 weeks and everyone is losing 2 weeks holiday. How can this be fair if you haven’t had the 12 weeks you shouldn’t have to use 2 weeks holiday  >:D >:D

Really ? Fair ? You may want to ask the people who have gone into work everyday to earn their pay if they think any of it is fair . Off 8 weeks still means you've had 6wks pay for sitting at home .
I can understand you wanting to question the usage of your holiday but really you maybe need to think of colleagues who have worked through this when you ask the question .

Get your facts right first I have been in work all the way through this pandemic is for another colleague that’s looking for answers not snotty remarks from you tw*t

Welshie

No it's not a snotty comment as I said , I understand you questioning the use of holidays but I dont think you can say that it is unfair . At least 5 of my colleagues have contracted covid-19 while trying to earn their wages , that's unfair .

lucgeo

Quote from: Garysmith123 on 04-06-20, 01:46PM
Quote from: Welshie on 04-06-20, 12:36AM

Get your facts right first I have been in work all the way through this pandemic is for another colleague that’s looking for answers not snotty remarks from you tw*t

Pretty hard to ascertain the correct facts, if they haven't been given ??? 
Was the insulting remarks really necessary, seriously!!!  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

As shielding in Wales is now extended until 16th August,  Tesco will have to inform staff where they stand and hopefully less confusion for everyone .

Welshie

There is now clear guidelines on yammer I have a screen shot but I'm not technical enough to be able to share it .I've tried about 3 times , 

Redshoes

If you have been off for the full 12 weeks you need to use two weeks holiday. If holidays already booked it's not two additional weeks it's to make up to two weeks. If however you happen to have three weeks already pre-booked they stand.
If you have not been off for the full 12 weeks it's goes on a percentage, not the full two weeks but a percentage depending on how many days you are contracted to work. If you happen to have two weeks pre-booked in that period they will stand.

segafan

Quote from: Welshie on 05-06-20, 12:53AM
There is now clear guidelines on yammer I have a screen shot but I'm not technical enough to be able to share it .I've tried about 3 times , 

Just seen. Confusing. It says it starts from the 29th June. Where they’ll pay sick pay. Surely it should be starting at the end of the 12 weeks ie the 11th June.

MonkeyPudding

Perhaps the missing 2 weeks are taken out of holidays. 

nick123

I can't get onto yammer, does it say what the policy is in regard to those with underlying health conditions in the 'clinically vulnerable' section i.e. diabetics who have been off for the last 11 weeks?

oldfashionedplayer

Was told to expect an announcement this afternoon on whether needing fit note to return or not as a tesco wide, will be meetings throughout the day before those off will be contacted, you'll just go through an induction again of what's changed and adjustment passport indicating anything thsts needed to change for you, so clinically vulnerable you'd have the choice if you want to work on back door, self serve etc or see if possibly able to move to a different role on a temporary basis.

uklions

lots of confusion over this and people need to know ASAP 

nick123

if you go on tesco colleague website and click on updated people policy it is all on there - extremely clinically vulnerable go onto company sick pay from 29th, other vulnerable groups return after risk assessment from occupational heath from 29th.  What isn't clear is what happens with those two weeks in the middle, paid? unpaid? holiday?

Interstellar

Can anyone print the yammer info. I can't get in. Was told by my sm that if you had 2 weeks booked in the 12 period they are booked as holiday and that that means you have used 4 weeks of your entitlement. So he said I would only get two weeks between now and March 2021. Doesn't seem correct to me but he insisted.

Jonathan1970

Quote from: nick123 on 05-06-20, 10:39AM
if you go on tesco colleague website and click on updated people policy it is all on there - extremely clinically vulnerable go onto company sick pay from 29th, other vulnerable groups return after risk assessment from occupational heath from 29th.  What isn't clear is what happens with those two weeks in the middle, paid? unpaid? holiday?

Wheres this info, i cannot find it anywhere?

nick123

Working At Tesco >Coronavirus â€" latest update > Guidance for colleagues > updated people policy

Interstellar

Jonathan1970

Quote from: nick123 on 05-06-20, 11:58AM
Working At Tesco >Coronavirus â€" latest update > Guidance for colleagues > updated people policy

Newest thing 18th May

nick123

they've removed it in the last hour - very weird. I still have it on pdf

expressman77

so are the vulnerable back to work on the 12th June ???

nick123

the guidance i read says they can go back on 11th if they sign deceleration saying they're happy to work without referral to occupational health otherwise they will see occupational heath and start from 29th

expressman77

where are the guideline you read as I can not find anything ,
by the way thank you for your help,
I cant be the only one whos is worried about returning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk