Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 04:38AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 604
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 608
Total: 608

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbkids

Not sure on that, but your not losing any pay and safeguarding your health as per their new new policies, but this is the small writing at the bottom of the declaration where u sign

Declaration
I have read the above in full and I confirm that I am aware that I am able to complete the Clinically Vulnerable Colleague Health Referral before returning to work as I am considered to be a Clinically Vulnerable worker.  I have taken the decision that I wish to return to my normal job role without any additional adjustments other than those outlined in the Keeping Colleagues Safe Training. I confirm I have completed this training prior to starting work.  I understand that this decision does not impact my cover as part of the company’s Employer’s Liability Insurance, nor would it affect any company death in service benefits or payments.

YupItsMe

When was the updated policy on how much time colleagues can have off under which category released?  Only asking as today is the first I’ve heard of it. I live in a household with 2 people who fall into the extremely critically vulnerable category, and was told if I take any time off of work it would be unpaid.  Today has been a huge eye opener.

expressman77

Yupitsme
I think the new update only applies  to the vulnerable coming back to work or not on the 11th June.
not those staying at home because they lice with the vulnerable

YupItsMe

Part of what I saw today says that people who live with extremely critically vulnerable people could have had 2 weeks holiday and 10 further weeks at full pay. And not expected back until 29 Jun.

T.C.1

For me I'll be going back on the 29th with a full risk assememt that me and my health and safety rep is happy with it just doesn't make sense going back on the 11th signing a document saying your happy to go back to work without a full risk assessment.

Welshie

Quote from: YupItsMe on 05-06-20, 09:59PM
Part of what I saw today says that people who live with extremely critically vulnerable people could have had 2 weeks holiday and 10 further weeks at full pay. And not expected back until 29 Jun.

Yes I was surprised to see that , they kept it quite quiet .

BasketMaster

As a union rep, I would implore anyone who is clinically vulnerable to go through the OH risk assessment that the company is offering you. For many reasons. Not least that there is every chance that you, perhaps, should be listed as Extremely Vulnerable, and will not need to return to work after the 29th. But they can also tell the company ways in which they can keep you and your health protected if you do need to return to work on that date. Not everyone who is extremely vulnerable got a letter, so it is worth checking.

My understanding is that anyone who returns on the 29th will continue to be paid by the PA500 payroll code that the company has been paying you with until now. If you are deemed safe to return to work and refuse, you can take holidays, unpaid leave, or lifestyle breaks to stay home BUT YOU WILL NO LONGER BE PAID.

That said, it is definitely worth getting the OH report to support you in these circumstances. And also remember that if your OH report is not returned to the store by the health partner, you should stay off until it is.

notsofunny

Quote from: Welshie on 05-06-20, 08:29PM
The wording is something like , if company all sick pay has be used , wages will be topped up by payroll . I dont remember anything in relation to ssp but could've forgotten.  As these are the most vulnerable colleagues there is a chance some could also be out of ssp but my reading was that all extremely vulnerable colleagues would get full pay , reviewed every 4 weeks . Probably in line with government guidelines

Yes you are correct extremely will get full pay one way or another , But what I cant understand is that I have a friend that has never been sick over 9 years and is going to be asked to use that company sick up first , yet another one that has no company sick pay left is still going to get paid the full amount , they have both been told that they will be reviewed every 4 weeks , but not told if that is from today or from the 29th ,

notsofunny

Quote from: BasketMaster on 05-06-20, 11:37PM
As a union rep, I would implore anyone who is clinically vulnerable to go through the OH risk assessment that the company is offering you. For many reasons. Not least that there is every chance that you, perhaps, should be listed as Extremely Vulnerable, and will not need to return to work after the 29th. But they can also tell the company ways in which they can keep you and your health protected if you do need to return to work on that date. Not everyone who is extremely vulnerable got a letter, so it is worth checking.

My understanding is that anyone who returns on the 29th will continue to be paid by the PA500 payroll code that the company has been paying you with until now. If you are deemed safe to return to work and refuse, you can take holidays, unpaid leave, or lifestyle breaks to stay home BUT YOU WILL NO LONGER BE PAID.

That said, it is definitely worth getting the OH report to support you in these circumstances. And also remember that if your OH report is not returned to the store by the health partner, you should stay off until it is.

Do those that go back on the 29th get a chance to have a OH risk assessment then ? or as I have been told they just go back to the normal jobs without them ? In which case they should at least go in before have it done then decide to go back or not ?

BasketMaster

Quote from: notsofunny on 06-06-20, 12:00AM
Quote from: Welshie on 05-06-20, 08:29PM
The wording is something like , if company all sick pay has be used , wages will be topped up by payroll . I dont remember anything in relation to ssp but could've forgotten.  As these are the most vulnerable colleagues there is a chance some could also be out of ssp but my reading was that all extremely vulnerable colleagues would get full pay , reviewed every 4 weeks . Probably in line with government guidelines

Yes you are correct extremely will get full pay one way or another , But what I cant understand is that I have a friend that has never been sick over 9 years and is going to be asked to use that company sick up first , yet another one that has no company sick pay left is still going to get paid the full amount , they have both been told that they will be reviewed every 4 weeks , but not told if that is from today or from the 29th ,

Sorry to jump in on your question but it's from the 29th. The policy is clear that the policy only changes on the 29th of June. Everyone will continue to be paid as they are now until then. Hope that helps.

BasketMaster

Quote from: notsofunny on 06-06-20, 12:06AM
Quote from: BasketMaster on 05-06-20, 11:37PM

Do those that go back on the 29th get a chance to have a OH risk assessment then ? or as I have been told they just go back to the normal jobs without them ? In which case they should at least go in before have it done then decide to go back or not ?

Everyone in the clinically vulnerable group should be offered the OH report as part of their return. They can choose to return from the 11th with no adjustments needed but Tesco should not pressure anyone into doing so. My advice is that everyone who is vulnerable should refuse until they get the OH report, which must be done if the colleague refuses to return now.

To answer your first question more clearly, the people in the clinically vulnerable group are the only people who are eligible for an OH report as those who are extremely vulnerable have been told not to return at this time.

notsofunny

so will they still get a OH report done if they return on the 29th ? or must they get it done before that ? thanks

BasketMaster

Basically, the company will be contacting anyone in the clinically vulnerable category over the next two days to give them the update. They should then tell the colleague to complete the Clinically Vulnerable Colleague Review Process, which is an OH report at the core. OH will determine whether the colleague can return as normal, can return with amended duties etc, or should not return as they are Extremely Vulnerable.

This process should be completed before the 29th but may not be back at store by then. If it isn't at store by then, the colleague has a right to stay off on fully paid leave until it is. If the report states that colleague can return and they do not agree, or do not want to for medical reasons, they can choose to take holidays, unpaid leave, or a lifestyle break in the mean time.

But every clinically cuknerable member of staff has a right to the OH process for returning.

dotnochance

Where does the OH happen? If I say I want it can I go back on the 12th

zbkids

I believe the portal opens on the 22nd  its done online unless they want to know more you may get a phone call

zbkids

I think you only have to do the OH if your going back on the 29th, if you want to go back sooner then there is a requirement to sign a declaration this is for Clinically vulnerable only

dotnochance

zbkids

I have copied the small writing at the bottom of the form at the top of this page or the last one, to be honest it is all on the ourtesco website hope that helps

Missme

I’m in the clinically vulnerable group. My manager called me yesterday and said I only needed to speak to oh if I thought I should be thought of as extremely vulnerable. To which I told her I have had no shielding letter so I know I’m not extremely vulnerable  I’m clinically vulnerable. So I’m not being given the option to speak to oh as I don’t think of myself as extremely vulnerable. Was I given the correct information does anyone know? Or should I still be looking to speak to oh before I return on the 29th? 

BasketMaster

You were given the wrong information.

The policy is open for anyone in the clinically vulnerable group for a reason. Tesco realise that they are not qualified to determine how at risk you are in your current role. That's why they have deffered that judgement to medical professionals.

The reason for the OH report is NOT ONLY to assess whether you are extremely vulnerable but to also offer the company advice on how best to keep you safe when you do return to work on the 29th. This may include a change of hours, department, ways of working.

The worst part of this is, is that the policy clearly states that no pressure should be placed upon people to choose one way or the other. It's your choice whether you want the OH report and my advice, as a union rep, would be to absolutely get the report carried out and go from there.

Missme

darklighter

Any advice on those living with the extremely vulnerable?

Welshie

It says , return to work 12th June and follow government guidelines of social 3within the home .
Use holidays,  unpaid leave or a lifestyle break .
Paid compassionate leave which would have to be agreed with people manager .

That is me para-phrasing and not the exact wording but you get the drift .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk