News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 02:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,417
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 508
Total: 512

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Out of interest Duracell, what's with your signature quote? Only just noticed it.

Surely not having a dig at reps?   ;D ;D ;D
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Duracell

Not a dig or at anyone in particular, having said that it is a point of credible observation that can often be proven therefore quite factual.

I won't bore you with the detail.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

claden

90+ getting letters on my night team. Night manager seems shocked  >:(

hot_chick

Had my sealed letter and one to one today. My figure was what i was expecting it to  be. 

Mickymouse1962

Thought it wasn't till Monday  that letters are given out

Morris999

Officially I think yes, however a lot of store managers will understand the impact, so will not want to sit on the letters knowing staff know they have got them, especially with 'what matters to you' in afew weeks time!

Hammer10

That's gonna be great another crappy survey no blackmail this time as there is not bonus on the line this time just say it as it is xxxx.

hot_chick

I was informed by my manager they would be in on Thursday and given to us as soon as possible. But went work today and they had arrived so I had my letter and one to one.
I haven't had time to have a good read thro but the figure seems correct.

nightsboy

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/gmod]
may I ask are you a double timer, and how had you worked out your personal calculations??

hot_chick

Hourly rate 4 weeks on old rate x 12 months then same on new rate x 12 months. Then the shortfall x 18mnts.. 

Now the leaflet states the payment is made up of
Basic pay, Sunday premium, bank holiday premium, overtime premium, night premium and location pay.

I only calculated mine on Sunday premium and got the figure they have stated! I didn't included any bank holidays or overtime. But that means I will have to look thro the relevant pay slips to check.

claden

Hot chick if you worked any over time that is included in the calculations.  Have you had a 1 to 1? Ask for a full break down.

daftjoe

Just a thought! I have just been given my letter and I realised that no managers were receiving the same. This means, in my opinion, that managers will NOT be losing their premiums as stated!

Another stab in the back   >:( >:( >:(

claden

This pay review doesn't include managers theirs is separate.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Daftjoe on 16-06-16, 07:59PM
Just a thought! I have just been given my letter and I realised that no managers were receiving the same. This means, in my opinion, that managers will NOT be losing their premiums as stated!

Another stab in the back   >:( >:( >:(

Managers have not had there pay review yet. What you need to remember Managers pay review is negotiated separate to hourly paid colleagues as although its USDAW its another part of there union called SATA which negotiates theirs . Same rules apply for distribution who at there negotiations kept there double time. Another thing to remember with managers is only a small % get double time or time and half and many don't get premiums for working sundays as there are different contracts managers are on and managers all get different pay increases as there on performance based salaries. Lastly managers are not going to be getting increases anywhere near the rate colleagues are getting so by 2020 with living wage at £9  the gulf between colleagues and many mangers will not be that great.

Pathfinder

Expressdude , have you heared of any other staff in express Whoes figure for payout is way out, example I worked 40 Sunday's from Jan 15 to Dec 15 @ double time, also worked 6 Bh , and get np1 and np2  for opening and closing store  3 lates 2 Earlys a week.  Had my letter today and my payment was £80 .  In loosing £26 every Sunday I work under new pay deal. And same every bank holiday I work. Has something happened within express , seems they have just calculated the loss of np1 and np2 and not added any Sunday's or Bh in their calculation.

claden

Diesel.pi have you worked out what you think it should be? In your 1 to 1 bring your own figures and question it.

Expressdude2016

Hi Diesel.pi sorry no I would be escalating that though.You speak to your APM. I don't think you would get anything for the NP2 as its still technically there. Its just not paid if your starting times 530am as you need to start at 5am to get that paid. But you should get it for the NP1 and loss of double time.

Pathfinder

Yes did speak to sm , who hadn't a clue how they came to £80 , that's just over 3 bank holidays loss of pay, never mind the 40 Sunday's and bank holidays plus it's 18 months of loss of pay. Have now thrown it to pm, I'll add Matt Davies to the list as he was the one who sent letter saying £80

claden

Diesel.pi have you worked it out yourself? The proper figures I mean not an estimate? Do this then go armed with the figure you were expecting.

hot_chick

I'm gonna ask for a breakdown even thought I'm confident mine is correct give or take a pound or two.

spooner

@hot_chick, is the amount that you've been given the amount before tax ? 

spirit

Even M&S are cutting back on enhanced pay rates for overtime & weekends!

hot_chick

Quote from: spooner on 17-06-16, 12:22AM
@hot_chick, is the amount that you've been given the amount before tax ?

Yes

Longservicenotworthahoot

Question  I am contracted for Sundays I've spoken to management about opting out of Sundays  been informed that once i opt out i will no longer be able to do any Sunday work in the future overtime etc ,however if i simply give up my Sunday hours i will still be able to do overtime when it suits what are the full implications of both i am also led to believe that i will still receive the payout whatever route i decide to take any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hammer10

Anything so they can get another on part time hours .How can you get loyalty from people working part time this company is going down the pan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk