News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:07PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 299
Total: 303

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claden

After a week I've just received an email from Usdaw. Letters arrive into store on Thursday they will be distributed on Monday.  One to ones will take place after that. If you read your individual 'booklet' and don't want a one to one you don't have to have one. Then table talkers and posters will be put up around the staff areas to remind people who haven't had a pay cut that they are getting a pay rise. Nice rub it in why don't you wankers

The hooch

So there's no point in me trying to get my "letter" on Thursday if they are not being given out until Monday.  I presumed they would be a little more personal than a booklet to be honest . Do we know if if will be like our yearly booklet with a breakdown of how we are being scr*wed over. I'm going away on Tuesday so chances are I'm not going to know before I go  8)

claden

It is a personal booklet no idea what it will say.

nightsboy

Quote from: grrrr on 11-06-16, 11:28PM
I have calculated my loss of earnings ready to take in with me and my union rep.  I am a contracted Sunday double timer, but also worked nearly all bank holidays and lots of days of at time and half which is also being cut!

I am assuming the pay out will take all the extra hours worked on double and time and half in to account.........I will pipit up a fight!  It was their own leaflet that said it was based on earnings from jan 2015-dec 2015!

can you tell me how you worked out your calculation please

Duracell

Quote from: bugsbunny on 13-06-16, 07:06PM
sorry to appear thick but can someone please clarify are managers and senior team going to keep their sunday double time? or have I read some of the previous posts wrong.

You don't appear thick, I thought managers were salaried paid staff and Salaried paid staff weren't paid premiums.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Hammer10

They were when I was a manager.

bugsbunny

If they are not contracted on sundays. They get paid overtime at whatever rate they get. sundays are different apparently.

Duracell

Quote from: bugsbunny on 13-06-16, 08:15PM
Thanks Expessdude totally agree with you. Hammer10 what can we do. Duracell can you help us please?

I am not sure I understand what I can help with?
I work in Distribution which very often is pointed out to me is vastly different.

Do I think there is still potential to challenge the PRP decision to accept this deal yes, but I'm not going over old discussions.

With regards to the comparative with managers keeping their premiums, please see my previous post.

U.K. Distributions pre 99 premiums at present are not under threat either. The reasons given to address retails premiums is not credible within Distributions.

I know it's not fair, however without you being able to accept or reject change you have little hope of ever getting to negotiate as a majority.

You seriously have some how some way lobby to get you vote back.

It absolutely laughable that USDAW are advocating you vote and how to Vote in the EU and yet you can't get to vote on your own contract change.

The EU a "The Parnership agreement" on a Grand Scale.
The similarity in the inability to resist is quite uncanny.

Perhaps a comparative to address it in that kind of context to USDAW.

You (USDAW) advocate us having a say and what to say in a referendum, so we want the retail members want one, to get back the choice to agree or disagree by democratic vote.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

I'm sorry to the mods and site owner if this goes slightly off topic but I don't want to start another topic just to express a simple point.

The EU raised concerns so a referendum was agreed USDAW and its hierarchy support it and want you to have your say ( albeit they are trying to steer you on what to say).

The pay deal and and PRP set up has also raised serious concerns about the losses to 39,000 staff so say 15%, which like the EU debate the figures and calculations look questionable.
In my opinion given the concerns you at least have a right to call a referendum on reclaiming your right to have a democratic say considering that the PRP has been shown in this deal and is likely to in future deals have seriously damaging consequences for individuals that those individuals should have at least a democratic say in.

Duracell.

Duracell

Going back to your point about The management deal, represented by Sata in a different PRP, like distributions a different set up with different boundaries so a comparative between you and them is unrealistic.

The pension change facilitates difference in award for Management, the privelage card facilitates different awards and terms.
The company is rife with inequality of benefit for different levels of staff.

The problem retail has is there is inequality within a bargaining group however a decision based in favour of the majority is only credible if the a majority Has made the decision. That hasn't happened.
Recognising a group as a majority and that something is in favour of that majority is NOT a majority decision.

Seriously if such an approach was adopted in distribution you wouldn't have any stock on the shelves.
The assumption would not be made that because something benefits a majority then it's acceptable, the majority would have to decide so, especially where a minority don't gain they lose.

Your set up has to be changed in my opinion The sooner the better. The level of  negative effect for the 39,000 is enough reason to call for a review.
If I was one of the 39,000 I would be on it like s*** on a stick, I just would not accept it without at least a democratic say.

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: bugsbunny on 14-06-16, 02:09PM
If they are not contracted on sundays. They get paid overtime at whatever rate they get. sundays are different apparently.

This is quite interesting, if you are Salaried how is your rate realised to pay you the premiums?

Would it be a calculation of contracted hours by your salaried amount? Essentially a P60 hourly rate.

So inherently if done like that your gross pay would increase every year without the need for a pay award if you work extra hours.

Or are you saying Managers in retail are not Salary paid staff?

Duracell.

Duracell

Also aren't management levels salary banded and each level move from band to Band dependant on performance RAG.

Duracell.

bugsbunny

Do management have the same union as General Assistants?

Duracell

SATA is USDAW's representative side for management.

So yes and no. Same overall organisation but a definitively separate group within the organisation.

Duracell.

Duracell

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=15355.msg175188;topicseen#new

Opportunity to ask some relative questions and voice some relevant concerns? Maybe?

Duracell.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Duracell on 14-06-16, 03:28PM
Quote from: bugsbunny on 14-06-16, 02:09PM

This is quite interesting, if you are Salaried how is your rate realised to pay you the premiums?

Would it be a calculation of contracted hours by your salaried amount? Essentially a P60 hourly rate.

So inherently if done like that your gross pay would increase every year without the need for a pay award if you work extra hours.

Or are you saying Managers in retail are not Salary paid staff

All work levels ( well up to 3 defo managers have hourly rate on there payslips. Although says salaried for managers it could be debated hourly paid instead . I'm in Express and we don't get any premiums night nor Sunday's. I have colleagues in large stores who get dbl time for Sunday's but if they work a Sunday they have to work 6 days that week to get it.so basically single time not sure if this is norm or not across the country

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 14-06-16, 05:14PM

So yes and no. Same overall organisation but a definitively separate group within the organisation.

Even though some of us have represented senior team.

It's a joke really.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Duracell

Quote from: Loki on 14-06-16, 06:22PM
Quote from: Duracell on 14-06-16, 05:14PM

Even though some of us have represented senior team.

It's a joke really.

Overall to achieve a different bargaining group, representation on the other hand as recently pointed out and confirmed is an ability to anyone who qualifies even non employees.

I understand your point though.

Collective bargaining and representation are rightly applied differently.

Duracell.

Loki

I made an attempt at being humorous.

Duracell

Even your attempts at that are tired and exhausted.
You have my sympathy.
I wish I could give you more than that.

Who knows one day! Maybe.

Stranger things have happened I have fancied a change for a long time.

Duracell.

Duracell

Also Hummus thing is a waste of time not really what it should be rather like your pay deal ironicly .  ;)

Duracell.

Chiefstudbaker

I wonder if tls affected who take the redundancy option next week at the end of the 45 day period will get any sort of payout lol the thing is they would have to have been sent a letter as the 45 day period doesnt end till next friday so should be interesting to see what happens!!! Maybe get a couple of weeks back as a leaving gift lol

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 14-06-16, 07:32PM
Also Hummus thing is a waste of time not really what it should be rather like your pay deal ironicly .  ;)

I've reached the point where I no longer give a s*** about both the Company and the Union my friend.

F**k 'em.

More important things in my life to worry about and prioritise to be honest.

Duracell

I figured that out, it's humour I have trouble realising.
If I'm honest I seem myself  the same in 12 to 18 months time.

Duracell.

Loki

The Company have concealed much in their era of transparancy whilst the Union have earned themselves countless white feathers.

It's sickening actually and fills me with bile every time.

If affected, chances are I'll take the money and p**s off elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk