News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 08:17AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,401
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 210
Total: 211

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claden

What's the idea of the one to one? They'll have made a decision so what's the point. Will we have to sign something to say we'll accept the change in our conditions ?

Expressdude2016

No you don't sign anything at 1-1. Its basically prepared brief with individual letter for you confirming X amount. Everyone will receive new terms and conditions to sign in July.

claden

What happens if we don't sign?

Morris999

Then if you continue to work, it's seen as you have automatically accepted the new terms!
now as the partnership has taken away the right to strike, your only other option is to go off sick in protest, but you will just be managed out the business through either SYA or misconduct depending on the reason you give!

Expressdude2016

Nothing as the pay deal was agreed via partnership agreement then its automatic agreed you have accepted the new terms and conditions of employment.

claden

Thanks that's what I feared. People will get such a shock when they get their letters. They will be going nuts but they've left it too late now with their innertia.

Morris999

From what I've heard the average 4 wkly lose is going to be around £30.
Now obviously there are going to be colleagues at the far end of the scale losing a lot more.

claden

I know 4 people who will be losing £100+ after including the pay increase. Some people haven't even attempted to work it out.

SJS8

I will be losing £120 a month. But I am still fighting it, there hasn't been a decision yet on what is happening in Ireland with resent negotiations. There are other ways of being heard without striking. Imagine hundreds of back to work interviews throughout the Tesco stores on the same weekend.

Expressdude2016

SJS8  although you may be still fighting it your efforts will come to nothing. The board will not change there mind and even if you refuse to sign new terms and conditions you are bound by them due to the collective partnership agreement. Uk and Ireland differ in the way they operate, I don't think they work using partnership and its obvious there union is a union unlike USDAW who aren't even talk just yes men

OpShunned

For Crying out loud:

it's Their not There'

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Their socks
There are their socks
They're wearing their socks

Loki

Great to see constructive criticism over something that no one else gives a s**t about.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

the-vortex

Quote from: OpShunned on 12-06-16, 09:38PM
For Crying out loud:

Their socks
There are their socks
They're wearing their socks

How about, They're over there wearing their socks?
Loyalty is a one-way street!

claden

Apparently the night lead in my store told other colleagues that the meetings would take place in July?

Morris999

Well as Nights seem to do what they want when they want that does not surprise me in the slightest!
But letters will start to arrive from Thursday and then managers have 3 weeks to complete all meetings!

claden

Quote from: Morris999 on 13-06-16, 12:06AM
Well as Nights seem to do what they want when they want that does not surprise me in the slightest!
But letters will start to arrive from Thursday and then managers have 3 weeks to complete all meetings!
I thought the letters were posted out on Friday? That's what my pm told me?

Morris999

Letters arrive instore on Thursday, via backdoor! Maybe your PM wants the day to find them and go through them first!

Loki

Shove them up their backdoor. 😡😡😡
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

claden

Quote from: Morris999 on 13-06-16, 07:10AM
Letters arrive instore on Thursday, via backdoor! Maybe your PM wants the day to find them and go through them first!
Why are they going to the store? She told me they were being sent to people's home addresses? What the hell is going on, they are showing exactly how much they really don't give a s***.

Equalizer87

It's all a major duck up. The restructure, the new pay deal, everything.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

claden

Apparently my PM is on holiday this week according to her email reply.

Expressdude2016

Hi Claden they have a 3 week window to do briefs they don't have to start them this week I'm afraid.What they have said is Team Mangers can do the 1-1s but if its a large amount a person is losing then PM or Sm should do those 1-1s.

claden

Express dude 2016 thanks for the reply do you know if letters are being sent to home addresses?

Bluelucy

I am losing €160 a month before tax etc have just been told today our 1 to 1s start thursday but managers pay review is embargoed for 2 more weeks so why is this thoughts would be appreciated

Expressdude2016

no claden, there going to store.

Bluelucy  there's nothing untoward with mangers pay not being announced.  Its normally within last 2 weeks of June.  I'm led to believe now there is no changes to premiums for managers and green performers are getting around 1.5 and 1% for amber.  Reason it's left so late is because every manager gets individual letter as everyone is on different salaries.  You may ask why the double time stays, I'm not sure but across the board the % of managers who get this is relatively low and in convenience managers don't get premiums anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk