News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 04:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 110
Total: 111

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 16-03-16, 07:17PM
Valleyboy I understand that your questions are directed at Loki.
I view what was said as not that she wasn't present but rather she observered with no decision making role or influence in the conception of proposals discussed.

Thank you Duracell. Unfortunately not everyone are as familiar with me as you and some others are. For this reason I should have been more responsible with what I posted. Whilst I stand by what I post, sometimes I do not make it clear as to what the facts are and allow my frustration to create a sense of ambiguity with what I post.

Having said that, I appreciate the fact that you understood me.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

valleyboy

@ Duracell

My question wasn't aimed at anyone. I thanked loki for answering a question I asked a few days ago... I had a view then asked for thoughts.

I'm going to disagree with you regarding the stance of the national officer, especially in distribution. Every meeting I've been privy too it's the national officer that puts a case forward for debate. This being jo or as previously Pauline. The national officer has always in my experience advised and made suggestions

Duracell

The Voice? Slight exaggeration me thinks.
Supportive of the reps, etc etc.
I don't disagree she is a different person to PF though, noticeably  her principled view about what is apt for inclusion in any given discussion and also her willingness to support the views and interests of the reps and members.

You obviously thought your use of the words she is "the voice" wasn't apt either.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

valleyboy

Hardly an exaggerated comment Duracell. In my experience, whether that be in pay negs or any meeting regarding terms and conditions,  it's always been the national officer that chairs the meeting with the company

Did I use the term voice?

Duracell

I would be interested in a bit more detail to your disagreement to my view.

Are you saying she  Has an influence in the conception proposals of what the members are willing to accept without the support of the reps?
Are you saying that she is manipulative in any way?

Bare in mind my intention wasn't to suggest  she is mute in anyway, but more to suggest the role of the NO is not a 'Governing' Postition.

You did initially suggest she is "the voice" of the Union until you edited it to something else.
Jm the voice of distribution reps and members, yeah an exaggeration.

In the last pay deal for example, the defining principle which changed the view to acceptance was concieved in a room she wasn't in.
She obviously thought it was a good call though to sell it at the rethink.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

valleyboy

Acceptance of the distribution pay deal, which group are you referring too?

The decision was delivered verbally by jo.in all except one, guess that makes her the voice

Duracell

Yeah i guess it does thinking about, the discussion and decision of what needed to be offered was made without out her.
She delivered it in spoken word so I guess both points are valid.

Duracell.

Duracell

You raise another question.
What do you think JM's stance would be, if such a deal was proposed within distribution.
The principle of a "pay cut" "contract change" encompassed in a "pay deal".

Against the principle.
Happy and encourage the principle.
Against the Principle but doesn't voice concern as reps on the review team seem content.

Duracell.

nightsboy

cant see where there is any thread on this, but it is kind of related!!!the cuts have led me to look elsewhere and I have applied for a distribution centre in London. anyone know the hourly rate for days and nights???

Duracell

It depends on the DC and the terms and conditions they are on.
Some DC's are on less premiums than the current cut you face.

It will be interesting to see how they treat you in terms of continuous service, transfer or fresh start.

Duracell.

nightsboy

why would they possibly treat it as a fresh start?? I've got 15 years service lol

Expressdude2016

Yeh nights boy however if your transferring from retail to dc then although you keep your service and benefits which go with that you may not necessarily get the same premiums which a person in dc may be on with same service. They are entitled to start you on the premiums which new starts would get.

nightsboy

wasn't aware of that thanks ill ask that question at my interview

Duracell

Nightsboy please do.

Please do ask, and please don't think I was being awkward.

At present in distribution, even within the same location, where people make a choice to change roles the stance is it will be on NEW terms.
USDAW at national level seem reluctant to challenge this, because the are NOT forcing this change as the individual makes the choice to accept the new terms by accepting the new position.
With the exception of Holiday Entitlement and privilege card everything changes, EVEN a different hourly rate to those along side you doing the same job.

So yes please do ask questions, as Many as you can.

For instance does the site you are applying to have more than one Hourly rate and premium rates for the role you are applying for.
If the answer is yes.
Will your 15 years service and date of joining the COMPANY be a consideration or will the apply the newest terms and rates for that location.

At present there are different bargaining groups/ agreements within distribution where workers transfer in from outside of a group they are viewed as NEW, joining those terms. They are getting away with this practice as usually the individual makes a choice to accept the new terms as it is not usually their only option.

Also they are applying a very difficult interpretation of the term "date of joining", it has always be believed to mean ( in the spirit of agreement) date of joining the COMPANY, yet it is now being interpreted as date of joining, a site, different terms to what you were on, different role.

As we all know Date of Joining the company defines rates and premiums. To apply multiple interpretations of "Date of Joining" then most contracts are at risk.

This is MY opinion, but a very rational informed one.

Duracell.

harrietjournalist

Hello. Is anyone on this forum having hours, overtime, bonuses cut as an indirect result of the 'living wage' changes? Does anyone believe they are having changes to their work agreements as a result of companies having to pay more and think the cuts are a way to essentially "recoup" profit losses? If so, I am hoping to cover this for a news article. I'd be very keen to hear from anyone - off the record and in confidence - who is affected. In need of case studies to illustrate what is happening to some people. Thanks x

Mozzer

harrietjournalist

Quote from: Mozzer on 22-03-16, 11:37AM
WE dont trust you.

Feel free to email me if you want proof of what we are trying to produce. trying to give workers a voice.

Email: harriet.morter@blakeway.tv

Twitter: @harrirosetv

Duracell

So I have browsed your Twitter feed.

A couple of concerns.

You say you are doing an article,
You say correspondence will be confidential.

So why are you retweeting and directing to people to someone else, when you say you are doing an article?

Also you suggest correspondence confidence, yet your retweet suggests publicly speaking out about denouncing changes.

Your Twitter feed and your proposal here seem to conflict.

In your Twitter feed you retweet redirection to another, odd direction to suggest if you are doing an article and require the info.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Duracell.

Equalizer87

Not the best way to try and get people's trust  :-\
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

spooner

How would the lump sum be calculated if someone was to reduce their contracted hours during the week but still worked contracted Sunday ? Would anyone know the answer to this ?

the-vortex

That would probably come out during the personal meeting that you would be having. As far as I can find out the payment is based on the presumption that you would have worked exactly the same days/hours in 2016 as you worked in 2015. I would also suggest that there might be some sort of lock-in arrangement but I admit I don't know.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

aston04

so glad this site exists otherwise I wouldn't know a thing about what is going on. I am contracted to sundays so will be affected by the changes but to date I have still not had my briefing about what is happening.
I have now asked several managers to talk to me and despite promises to get it done they still haven't. Even the booklet on the ourtesco site says 'You will have the opportunity to discuss this with your line manager in the coming days' that was dated the beginning of February and nearly two months have past since then, so much for in the coming days!!! I don't hold out much hope for the one-2-one we are supposed to have in june, maybe I should start asking about that one now to give them time  :D

the-vortex

None of our DotComedy drivers had had any meeting until last week. I had been kicking up a noise and in the end pointed out that it had been eight weeks and that one of the changes was coming into effect this week. My moron then asked me what it was! I refused to tell him. That got a response. I wouldn't rely on the morons to do anything I would ask the Union to intervene and explain why, after all they were involved in the arrangement.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

aston04

I am going to ask one more time tomorrow then as suggested I will take it further  :thumbup:

AlexM

Does the whole overtime being averaged out over 12 weeks and calculated into your holiday pay begin from April 1st or is that in July too? Cos if it's starting this week I'll be looking to do some overtime in the 3-4 weeks before I'm off on hols - free money, init??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk