News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

25-04-24, 04:35AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,408
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 423
Total: 423

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozzer

Voice of reason, I have worked so hard for this company and so committed from the bottom of my heart, now the way they have treated us they get from me what I get paid for, and no more no less.

mosquito

Mozzer

I Agree, most staff give their all for Tesco but its us who take the fall, I could stomach it more if all colleagues were treated the same, I understand that some in distribution are still getting double time, I would also find it easier if Tesco looked at all the other areas to save costs before raping their staff of hard earned benefits.........

There are numerous area where money could be saved first.

Spartacus

A cull from the top (executives) down to (and including) senior management would be a good place to start  >:D

Mozzer

Thankgod somebody agrees with me voice of reason made me feel slightly guilty NOT ,obviously they are not affected at all ,typical and it would be interesting what the executives get if this bonus comes ? theirs will be thousands and we'll have to be grateful for a pittance tw@@s.people forget we are the back bone of this company and was those f@@@ers who messed it up by been greedy.loki hope your doing ok we are missing you

daftjoe

Update on the grievance put in at our store. The PM came back and said his boss had rung ACAS and they had changed their outlook on the problem! This turned out to be rubbish as we contacted ACAS ourselves and they did not anything about it. They said that the more grievances that T**co and Usdaw received the more likely they would be to review the situation. It is important to put the grievance in to Usdaw as well as the company so that they know the scale of the problem. This situation is not set in stone yet and there is room for manoeuvre. When putting in a grievance it is important to know what you want to achieve. Our store is pushing for reinstatement of double time for people contracted on Sunday only. They are the only ones that are losing money out of their basic wage and works out about 25% of double timers in the store. Taking this as an average across the company this would be 25% of 14% or 3.5% of the total staff and costing £3.70 per hour per person on a Sunday. I strongly advise any Sunday contracted double timer to put in a grievance asap. Don't forget to keep a copy for yourself and get anything discussed in writing.

bugsbunny

Thanks for that daftjoe I will do that. no good just moaning about this all of us contracted double timers must put a grievance in or we will have no one else to blame except ourselves. if we don't put in a grievance the company will think we are happy with their decisions. Don't wait for someone else to do it we must all do it.

Voice-of-Reason

Quote from: Mozzer on 15-02-16, 01:35PM
Voice of reason, I have worked so hard for this company and so committed from the bottom of my heart, now the way they have treated us they get from me what I get paid for, and no more no less.
It not that I don't agree with you but as the title says it is about double time not s**g off every manager you come across and hope they all get stressed out to f*** etc etc, and before you say it no I'm not a manager and to be honest they will more than likely be in the same boat as us come June, managers are staff exactly like us and do not make these policies at store level so try to have some respect for your colleagues

optout

Just a thought, would i be right in thinking that the majority of those contracted to and losing double time are women.

I say this because the shopfloor was traditionally made up of a female workforce, and the further back you go the more truth this holds.

So given that those who have the option of double time in their contracts are long time employees, I would guess that most (NOT all) are female.

Any thoughts on this :question:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

antico

Are you thinking along the line of indirect discrimination?. It probably won't wash as the change affects all double timers.

optout

not double timers in distribution ;) :thumbup:

Mozzer

Voice of reason ,point taken but if certain managers showed respect they would get it back some talk to staff like fools so NO RESPECT,some go out of their way for us its a two way thing as you well know,back to double time we are being shafted big time

mosquito

Optout

There are transport drivers still on double time....

Expressdude2016

mosquito read optout's post again and the one straight before it.  You will then understand what he Is saying. :)

Duracell

Distribution are currently not being asked to give up 100% premiums where it is contracted.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

optout

Another thought, I would imagine those in distribution on double time are predominately men :question: :question: :thumbup:

Just looking for angles here :thumbup:

bushido

Age discrimination?  Only those who are more mature are being singled out.
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

optout

age discrimination, Yet another 'elephant in the room' :thumbup: ??? :thumbup:

picktocube

There are a lot of variables in distribution as well ,because most newer sites,don't pay 100% premium for Sunday anyway and depending on what type of stock a particular site has ,sometimes defines how many women are there .At the DC that I am at the warehouse operatives are predominantly male ,but this is balanced out slightly by the fact the clerical and office staff are predominantly female. 

Duracell

Quote from: optout on 16-02-16, 06:37PM
age discrimination, Yet another 'elephant in the room' :thumbup: ??? :thumbup:
Not sure about age discrimination.

It could apply to a 35 year old as much as a 55 year old potentially.

Such a broad claim, would be hard to validate as the claimant would have to be able to clearly show they were treated differently because of Age.

I don't think (in my honest opinion) that this is a discrimination claim. It is difficult because obviously other's in a similar position are being treated the same, being victimised is about being singled out and treated differently to everyone else.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

optout

bugsbunny

Has any one on here put in a grievance/ complaint about losing their contracted double time? or is everyone moaning and doing nothing? Did anyone see the headline Sunday pay pickpockets. On page 2 of the daily mirror today? anyone going to contact this MP with regard to this matter?

grrrr

Would someone be prepared to send me a copy  of a grievance I could use as a template? I have no idea where to begin, and no support in store as very few are affected 😠

penguin

Our pm said any grievance would be thrown out at an early stage as the changes were accepted by USDAW (well lets be honest the union would tell us all to eat dog food if Tesco asked them to) and the other reason it would be thrown out is the company have the right to change terms and conditions and are giving a payment to any staff affected despite no legal need to do so. I really dont like this change as it will hit me and of course many others in the pocket but it seems that no matter what anyone does or says its going to happen and Usdaw will endorse it and go along with it at least at a national level.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

mexicopete

@penguin I think you should treat what your PM has told you with a rather large pinch of salt, given that almost all of the PM' s I have had the unfortunate honour of having any dealings with just say the first thing that comes into their head in the hope that the problem will just go away, most of them couldn't hit their own ar*e with a banjo. The PM in my store is so far out of their depth it is excruciating to watch, simply lurches from one disaster to another, no people skills or common sense whatsoever, luckiest person I have ever met during my working life to even have a job. :( :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

daftjoe

Totally agree with what mexicopete has said. Rather than moaning about what a bad deal this is. People need to get off their backsides and start taking action. We had a meeting with our PM today and, although he was very negative about the likely outcome, he is duty bound to report our grievances to his boss who is collating all the reports across the group and ultimately the company. There was another article about the pay cut in the Daily Mirror today :- http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fury-stores-slash-sunday-pay-7376743 One of my colleagues contacted the MP mentioned in the article and they were very interested to hear from anyone that is affected and is losing money in the deal. Siobhain McDonagh contact details can be found here :- http://www.siobhainmcdonagh.org.uk/contact.aspx

Come on guys! get those grievances in, Contact the MP and lets see what happens. At least then we have tried!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk