News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 07:02PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsbunny

But overtime is not guaranteed

Rad

It doesnt matter.  Your terms and conditions are changing.  Even if you did a few double time sundays or bank holidays in 2015 you should get a payout as if you do a few after July you will be worse off.

Rad

I may be mistaken but I think it would be unfair if they didnt.  Remember you re only getting the difference after the payrise so it may not be that much for some people.

claden

Quote from: BANDERSNATCH on 08-02-16, 08:13PM
From the briefing " These payments are no strings attached ".
According to the Union this is not true . Would be useful if they both at least were giving the same info.

bugsbunny

Non contracted staff are not forced to do sundays but contracted staff are.  You can not get away from the fact that non contracted staff contracted pay is not changing, but contracted sunday staff  pay is and this will be the same in 18months time non contracted staff pay will still be the same as it is now. But contracted sunday staff pay will be lower than it is now.

BANDERSNATCH

Contracted staff ARE NOT forced to do Sundays . No one is .

Beverley

Quote from: bugsbunny on 08-02-16, 08:52PM
Non contracted staff are not forced to do sundays but contracted staff are.  You can not get away from the fact that non contracted staff contracted pay is not changing, but contracted sunday staff  pay is and this will be the same in 18months time non contracted staff pay will still be the same as it is now. But contracted sunday staff pay will be lower than it is now.
Are you saying that non contracted staff who work Sunday will get double pay?

Plato

Is it just me or does the busbunny's post not make sense ? ALL Sunday staff ,  (contracted or not), currently on double time premium , will be on time and a half for their Sundays, (contracted or not) , from July 3rd 2016. Not all contracted Sunday staff were on double time, the vast majority are on time and a half and are not affected.

bugsbunny

Lets start again. Sunday contracted double time staff lose part of their weekly wage in july. Non contracted staff who currently get double time for working sunday as overtime do not lose part of their weekly wage. But are also getting the 18 month payout

Expressdude2016

bugsbunny  its quite simple how its being done  .... last years pay ( all hours worked and premiums )  will be worked out using the new rate of pay and premiums.  That figure is compared to what you got last year and if its less your gonna get  then you get 18x the difference.

Only things not included is any lump sum pay outs for example TL and the 2012 cash bonus pay out. These figures would be removed before any calculations done.

If you still want to disagree I would advise you speak to your union rep or AO who have there pay brief which clearly says above.

antico

bugsbunny: whether  contracted or not they are buying out the right to double time for Sundays /bank holidays from all entitled colleagues. Everyone will in future be entitled to 1.5 . the amount of money paid to compensate for the loss to all entitled  double timers ( contracted or not ) will depend on individual loss incurred by the change.

melanie

This is from briefing pack with reference to Location pay.

As from 3rd of July2016,location bands will move from five to three bands.As from July 2016,new location bands will be
Band A-0p (rest of uk)
Band B-45p typically stores in south east
Band C-68p typically stores i London

Communication will be sent out in February 2016 to those stores that have been realigned following the pay review.
From 3rd of July 2016 Tesco will move to a minimum six months notice period in order to remove or change location pay as part of any future location pay review.

Bobafett007

Well what's happening to the team managers in the stores most of them receive double time they have not been told what's happening with there Sunday double time ?

Rad

No ones knows, still being negotiated

smithwally

olive oil

Has anybody else out there not been informed regarding the up and coming pay structure .

I for one have still not been informed by my manager. Both myself and her have not been on holiday or absent.

Not sure what she is playing at? >:D

Morris999

Not making any excuses for your manager, however the brief managers were given stated that the stores management team had till end of week 52 to do all colleagues.
Now as this all started in week 49(last week) and we are now in week 50 they still have just over 2 weeks to complete all colleagues.

However saying that I've briefed all my colleagues and many on other departments too.
It seems that some managers just cannot be bothered to brief there own departments colleagues and are leaving it to other managers to do the briefings, especially the older contracted colleagues!

olive oil

[gmod]Quote deleted. Please don't quote the last post in a thread.[/gmod]

Thanks for the info.

As I work in Express and I am the only long termer left, I think it is pretty poor that she hasn't yet done anything about it. We are only a small store. I spend most days working along side her, yet she has said nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Why leave it to the last minute. I just can't work her out!!

I've worked for far better managers in the past.

tumshie

That being so, why not ask her about it?

Redshoes

Quote from: bugsbunny on 08-02-16, 10:26PM
Lets start again. Sunday contracted double time staff lose part of their weekly wage in july. Non contracted staff who currently get double time for working sunday as overtime do not lose part of their weekly wage. But are also getting the 18 month payout
As someone who does get double time I won't get much if anything from the payout as I hardly ever work Sunday's or bank holidays. I do them from time to time to help and support but after paying the extra tax and national insurance it's just not worth it financially. For a full day I don't end up with much more than an hours pay. I have talked to others and they all say the same. If you are contracted Sunday's it is worth it but it is really not something to fight to keep if you just do the odd one. As an ex-team leader on skilled rate I only took home at most £100 more than someone who was not on double time but was contracted Sunday's.
It all depends on how many hours you work, contracted and how many hours you do on overtime. I work five days a week and I have done my time working six, I would still be happy to be contracted Sunday's as I would value two days off in the week. I struggle with being in for deliveries or staying in for workmen. I like working weekends, we take more money on a Sunday than we do some days in the week, it is just another day for many.
In Scotland many of the store are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it already is just another day for most. For those who want to keep it special, as a religious day or as a family day that's fine but if it's special they would not be working it anyway.
Years ago I was only on a few hours. I did do lots of overtime but it killed me when it came to holidays. As we seem to be replacing so many full timers with part time I think the average pay over the past twelve weeks during holidays is great. It would have made all the difference to me and I know of many who feel the same now. We do have a lot of people who do rely on overtime and for them to still be paid this during holidays is a big thing and something I fully support. I suffered so I understand.

lordadmiral

I am wonder how it is possible that apparently everyone is paying ridiculous amount of tax and then is winging that at  X  day of OT shift is lost in full for covering taxes??? I work full time and I work at least 1  (record was 8 days in one month)  OT shift per month and never had to pay more tax than usual ?? If I had 45 pound to my net pay for 1 day for OT shift then i had 270 for 6 OT shifts.  I even had my tax refund at one point, read year.

So let me someone explain how in the name of all gods you people pay so much taxes???????? I understand part timer who just entered to first tax band and must give away 1/3 of the pay ? but if you already earn over £10,600 then 1  day of work in Tesco (night shift for a GA) is worth nothing more than 45 pound.  Are you all calculating your pay based on average? do you all add Sunday premium to every day you work, or maybe night premium to every hour , even to that  one worked between 6am and 7am, or 6h shift as 7,5h  as I had people who were doing that.

I worked with a guy who was laughing that he is working 4 shifts and is earning little bit less than a guy who is working 5. When I told him he is an idiot and his similar pay comes out from better night and Sunday premiums he never open his mouth again.

pete6872

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post.[/gmod]
mate do you realy know what you are going on about
I know lads that work in Tesco on 4 nights a week and pick on just less then £100 pound less then some one that works 4 more night a week

Mickymouse1962

I was told by my manager and union rep it was the government fault we where loosing double time lol

Mozzer

Typical management and union talking a load of rubbish again,lies lies lies,they treat staff as if they are idiots it's going to be hell for them now after the way staff have been treated from the directors they deserve it ,over the years managers were standing talking while staff rushing round everywhere we love it now the pressures on them taking them to breaking point their power trips seam to be failing now lol

Voice-of-Reason

That's it Mozzer  you rage against the machine, what a totally ridiculous way to look at things!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk