News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:55PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo4563

I work as a team support on checkouts at a Tesco Extra on Sundays. I am now the only Team support on this day can they do this?

Equalizer87

Same was the case in my store. Nights were always being expected to handover a 'perfect' store in the morning, regardless of sick or holidays involved.

It used to grind me a lot how the days got away with leaving stores looking like a bomb site at 10pm.

The whole thing of "nights must stay till it's done" made just leave bang on time a certainty.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Morris999

Equaliser you and I both know CA's t&c are slightly different to managers!
As for managers telling CA's they have to stay behind unpaid to finish the work is disgusting and I'm sure is breaking the law!
A manager not finishing their role in the minimum of 36 hours that their role should take to fulfill is completely different to telling a CA to stay behind unpaid to finish the supposed work!
A manager can only be managed on what their job role pack says they are to be managed on!
If the new night managers job role pack doesn't say the shop must be filled 100%, all labels to left of the products etc then they cannot be managed on it no matter what the lead trading manager thinks!

Night owl if you haven't got your new role pack get it and work to it!
If the lead trading manager pulls you up on it, put a grievance in!
Also if he hands things over like you say then keep a record of it for evidence

Equalizer87

Thankfully Morris999, I left Tesco and found a far better and more rewarding job with better pay. I am saying that regardless of contractual T&C's or rediculous handovers and work packs, being told that a night manager WILL do 2 hours extra hours every shift REGARDLESS of the workload is unacceptable and discriminates against them. No one should be working extra hours when there is no need to. That's includes Managers, TL'S and GA'S
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

antico

Just a thought  if managers work 10 hours extra per week have they ever sat down and worked out just how much their salary divided by the actual hours worked equates to. Hopefully its above the living wage per hour otherwise they are running themselves  ragged for less per hour than a G A  earns.

spooner

Quote from: antico on 08-02-16, 08:20AM
Just a thought  if managers work 10 hours extra per week have they ever sat down and worked out just how much their salary divided by the actual hours worked equates to. Hopefully its above the living wage per hour otherwise they are running themselves  ragged for less per hour than a G A  earns.
have never seen a manager run ragged in my store .... Quite the opposite

bugsbunny

we have been told that anyone not contracted on a Sunday that works as overtime and on a double time contract. will get a pay-out is this correct? if so how is this fair to contracted staff. As the non contracted people will still get their contracted pay during the week, whereas the Sunday contracted people will not, leaving them less contracted pay and less going into their pensions

Expressdude2016

Everyones pay will be reviewed taking what they earned last year Jan - Dec then compare it against what it would have been under new pay structure and if there is a lesser amount then a lump sum payment will be paid.This includes all overtime. Remember Bugsbunny its not just sunday staff who may be losing out.

driver

Hi, new poster here but lurked on and off for a while, couldnt see how to start a new thread but its related.

I really cant find any info as to the location pay changes other than in the leaflet on pay and benefits, i dont know what location pay grade my store was and what it will be from July, but I've heard from a colleague at a similar sized store that they will lose out as they were a top banded store under the old 5 rate banding but will move down to the +68p an hour rate and thus lose a fair chunk of location pay.

Any info on where i could find out my store banding before and after the changes would be much appreciated.

Expressdude2016

how much do you get at moment?

driver

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 08-02-16, 01:13PM
how much do you get at moment?

If i devide my location pay supplement by 4 then divided by my hours worked a week it works out as 51p an hour, however a colleague from a near store says they have been told their location pay going down to 68p from about a £1 an hour, im fairly sure my particular store was the 2nd highest banding store for location pay so am curious if my current location pay rate of 51p will got to the new highest rate of 68p or the 2nd highest of 45p an hour in July, info really hard to come by.
[gmod] Have a lurk at this page re: starting new topics, Supporter Benefits[/gmod]

spooner

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 08-02-16, 12:11PM
Everyones pay will be reviewed taking what they earned last year Jan - Dec then compare it against what it would have been under new pay structure and if there is a lesser amount then a lump sum payment will be paid.This includes all overtime. Remember Bugsbunny its not just sunday staff who may be losing out.
we were told it's only staff who lose out on contracted premiums on Sunday's/nights .

spooner

Quote from: bugsbunny on 08-02-16, 12:05PM
we have been told that anyone not contracted on a Sunday that works as overtime and on a double time contract. will get a pay-out is this correct? if so how is this fair to contracted staff. As the non contracted people will still get their contracted pay during the week, whereas the Sunday contracted people will not, leaving them less contracted pay and less going into their pensions
we were told it's only contracted people on Sunday/night premiums that will receive the pay out .

Yorkshire dave

Come on guys read your books. It goes by last years total earnings so if you worked overtime then thats part of your earnings

spooner

Quote from: Yorkshire dave on 08-02-16, 02:49PM
Come on guys read your books. It goes by last years total earnings so if you worked overtime then thats part of your earnings
it actually says in the booklet it's for some colleagues affected by the changes to premiums  .  If after the changes have been applied and you see a net reduction in take home pay then you'll be supported with a lump sum payment . There is just too much confusion over this .

horatiocain

We've been told by a member of staff our location pay is being cut, we currently get 68p an hour and they going to cut it to 45p essentiallyeating no pay rise.
So come August ocado drivers will earn just 17p an hour less, but they get better equipment, better working conditions,  overtime pay, unsociable hours pay, a bigger discount, less work, for what currently is the same amount per month and will soon be more.

I wonder why tesco has such a poor retention rate for their drivers, I don't doubt it's the same for other positions too, why would I work as a driver for tesco when I can earn more for less work at our competitor,  our managers really don't have a clue.

When are we meant to find out our new location pay scales because nobody in our store has been told.

bugsbunny

Totally agree with spooner, very confusing about who gets payout. why are non contracted people getting a payout for the overtime they have done? overtime is not guaranteed and should not be relied on. whereas our contracted hours are and we are having our contracted wages cut. As well as losing out on pension contributions. why is the company compensating non contracted staff? no one seems to be able to give an answer to this. Giving them a payout must be costing the company a fortune.

spooner

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post. [/gmod]
i don't think non contracted people are getting a pay out . We were told it's only people on contracted premiums . I think a lot of people have misunderstood and it has left confusion everywhere . Even the reps haven't got a clue but then apparently they haven't got a clue about anything even the fact that we were shafted .  All this uncertainty until June is ridiculous but at least if you're contracted premiums  you know you will be getting a payout even if it doesn't include overtime . The whole thing is an absolute disgrace . Loyalty has just been stamped on without a care for anyone .

Chiefstudbaker

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post.[/gmod]

I spoke to a member of Tesco h\o who confirmed it's both contracted and non thank god. Also my union rep confirmed that is what they were told at meeting!!! I can see the point from the contracted however I've literally worked every Sunday for the last 10\15 years so feel like I belong in that bracket!!! I would have been disappointed had they said no. The force was with me :-)

driver

Quote from: horatiocain on 08-02-16, 06:00PM
We've been told by a member of staff our location pay is being cut, we currently get 68p an hour and they going to cut it to 45p essentiallyeating no pay rise.
So come August ocado drivers will earn just 17p an hour less, but they get better equipment, better working conditions,  overtime pay, unsociable hours pay, a bigger discount, less work, for what currently is the same amount per month and will soon be more.

I wonder why tesco has such a poor retention rate for their drivers, I don't doubt it's the same for other positions too, why would I work as a driver for tesco when I can earn more for less work at our competitor,  our managers really don't have a clue.

When are we meant to find out our new location pay scales because nobody in our store has been told.

Absolutely no driver retention at my store now or in the past, only a few hardcore remain. With a constant stream of new starters trained and leaving not long after. Surely cant make any financial sense.

Looking like my store will be downgraded slightly on location pay to 45p from the figure I worked out I currently get of 51p.Also possible might get upgraded to 68p but that would make me an eternal optimist  8-)

maisie

Hi hope this is not a stupid question. If you are contracted for the Sunday and you accept the lump sum. Then you decide a couple of weeks later you know longer wish to do the Sundays would you have to pay the money back?

Expressdude2016

yes you will. Unlike the TL payments last year which were unconditional these payments are and if you change or leave within ( I think its 6 months) then you would have to pay remainder back.

BANDERSNATCH

From the briefing " These payments are no strings attached ".

bugsbunny

But why are the company paying the non contracted people? Does anybody know the reason why? There must be a reason for it.

Rad

Because if you work every second sunday on overtime at double time, then you continue to do so you will be financially disadvatntaged

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk