News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:02PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 290
Total: 292

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendodd

Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 10:02AM
Just a thought.

When were TLs dispersed?
Are the people that were re contracted from being TLs now affected by the recent change?

I ask with unsureness of the timeframe between the 2 events.

I was once part of a collective greivance where a group of workers were negotiated with to make a change.. The change was made.
The grievance came about because the same group were targeted for a 2nd time to yet again change, whilst other groups were left unaffected.

The Grievance was based on the second request being unreasonable on the basis that they had only quite recently changed and other groups who could also "make a difference" were left unaffected.

The greivance was succesful albeit at local level.

I'm being affected twice 😞 

spooner

Quote from: wellhereiam on 06-02-16, 09:48AM
I fail to see why comparisons are being made against this and the T/L situation.
T/L's lost their jobs, this is about loss of premiums. 2 completely different things.
team leaders still have full time jobs albeit as GAs with no responsibilities  and were given a two year pay out which was a good sum of money . The team leader role wasn't around that long whereas people on the old contracts have been doing their job roles for a long time and we will now be doing the same job and hours for less money . It's total discrimination on older employees . Team leaders were also offered redundancy and we weren't which is totally unfair because a lot of us are at an age where we would have taken it . 

Fair play

Yep I also thinks its discrimination on older workers why weren't we offered redundancy because they new we would take it . Don't know why we had team leaders anyway it caused a lot of resentment among staff glad they have now gone they were very lucky to have received the lump sum of money now they will receive more 😡

Expressdude2016

Redundancy is where there is loss of job due to the job becoming obsolete. Just because your losing part of your premium does not give you right for this. You are being compensated for next 18 months so if you do not like it you have 18 months to find a new job. You talk about the team leaders but in Express we lost our bonus which was an average loss to each employee of 10-15%. Did you hear us cry like babies because of it NO .At least you still have jobs.

Sam78

Quote from: Kendodd on 06-02-16, 10:23AM
Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 10:02AM
Just a thought.

When were TLs dispersed?
Are the people that were re contracted from being TLs now affected by the recent change?

I ask with unsureness of the timeframe between the 2 events.

I was once part of a collective greivance where a group of workers were negotiated with to make a change.. The change was made.
The grievance came about because the same group were targeted for a 2nd time to yet again change, whilst other groups were left unaffected.

The Grievance was based on the second request being unreasonable on the basis that they had only quite recently changed and other groups who could also "make a difference" were left unaffected.

The greivance was succesful albeit at local level.

I'm being affected twice 😞

I have been affected twice, how many times can they change your contract? I will be taking a grievance out xxx

Fair play

Well we have never had a bonus to loose so weren't you the lucky ones . After twenty years loyal employment we should be entitled to feel unhappy about the way we've been treated. We won't have time to make up our funds into the new pension. pension that we were promised is now closed do I guess that's why staff are peed off

spooner

Quote from: Fair play on 06-02-16, 02:01PM
Well we have never had a bonus to loose so weren't you the lucky ones . After twenty years loyal employment we should be entitled to feel unhappy about the way we've been treated. We won't have time to make up our funds into the new pension. pension that we were promised is now closed do I guess that's why staff are peed off
we are in the minority so the majority will never understand why we are so unhappy . Most of us on the old contracts are very concerned about our pensions and the fact that we will now have less if any money left to pay into them . I am finding it very difficult to understand how they can get away with giving us such a huge pay cut . And we don't need others slating us when all we have done is work hard and be loyal for many years . It is not our fault that when we were employed that we were on these contracts . We joined the firm when employees were cared for and respected and now no one could give a s**t about us .

spooner

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 06-02-16, 12:37PM
Redundancy is where there is loss of job due to the job becoming obsolete. Just because your losing part of your premium does not give you right for this. You are being compensated for next 18 months so if you do not like it you have 18 months to find a new job. You talk about the team leaders but in Express we lost our bonus which was an average loss to each employee of 10-15%. Did you hear us cry like babies because of it NO .At least you still have jobs.
And you still had jobs and a two year pay out .You were not expected to work the same job and hours for less money .  Don't be so insulting to staff that have worked long and hard for this company . For us the loss of money means less into our pensions which means we could be facing poverty when we retire . Have some respect .

Expressdude2016

No offence we are all looking at poverty and don't forget you now get paid the same as the rest of the workers.

nightsboy

Quote from: nightsboy on 05-02-16, 11:16AM
Hi there, was just wondering, as far as the lump sum payment goes. I was a team leader until May last year as all displaced team leaders were.  In the annual earnings Jan 15 - dec 15 should it include our team leader earnings from Jan- May??? the booklet says your annual earning sunder he current pay structure jan15 - dec 15, however it is a fact that I was on a team leader hourly rate during that period so is it included in the calculations??also will it include the lump sum payment we received, I mean a percentage of it( as that was 2 years worth), as part of our annual earnings when they are working out the 5% turnaround bonus?
So can anyone answer this???am I right or not???

Expressdude2016

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 03:21PM
Quote from: nightsboy on 05-02-16, 11:16AM
Hi there, was just wondering, as far as the lump sum payment goes. I was a team leader until May last year as all displaced team leaders were.  In the annual earnings Jan 15 - dec 15 should it include our team leader earnings from Jan- May??? the booklet says your annual earning sunder he current pay structure jan15 - dec 15, however it is a fact that I was on a team leader hourly rate during that period so is it included in the calculations??also will it include the lump sum payment we received, I mean a percentage of it( as that was 2 years worth), as part of our annual earnings when they are working out the 5% turnaround bonus?
So can anyone answer this???am I right or not???
its worked out on current rate

nightsboy

But the fact is I wasn't on current rate between Jan and may 2015. And the lump sum we received was for May 15- May 17????

Expressdude2016

It does not matter its states it will be reviewed on your current hourly rate

nightsboy

That is fair enough but I can't see how the company can change the bare facts that team leaders were onteam leader rate through the period Jan-May 15. It is what it is but makes u think how on earth usdaw agreed to current rate. Just a personal opinion that's all.....

daftjoe

Quote from: spooner on 06-02-16, 02:37PM
we are in the minority so the majority will never understand why we are so unhappy . Most of us on the old contracts are very concerned about our pensions and the fact that we will now have less if any money left to pay into them . I am finding it very difficult to understand how they can get away with giving us such a huge pay cut . And we don't need others slating us when all we have done is work hard and be loyal for many years . It is not our fault that when we were employed that we were on these contracts . We joined the firm when employees were cared for and respected and now no one could give a s**t about us .

Totally agree with Spooner! I am not one of those on double time but am fully supporting a group of my colleagues that are. In the next few days they are going to raise a collective grievance on the grounds that this is grossly unfair! USDAW or no USDAW this will be pursued to the limits of their capabilities. I strongly advise others to do the same! Stop whinging and take some action against this! Don't just accept it as a "done deal"

renown

Their is talk of a collective grievance being raised on a Facebook page for usdaw members. When I last looked it was gathering some momentum nationwide.

spooner

Quote from: daftjoe on 06-02-16, 04:29PM
Quote from: spooner on 06-02-16, 02:37PM
we are in the minority so the majority will never understand why we are so unhappy . Most of us on the old contracts are very concerned about our pensions and the fact that we will now have less if any money left to pay into them . I am finding it very difficult to understand how they can get away with giving us such a huge pay cut . And we don't need others slating us when all we have done is work hard and be loyal for many years . It is not our fault that when we were employed that we were on these contracts . We joined the firm when employees were cared for and respected and now no one could give a s**t about us ]

Totally agree with Spooner! I am not one of those on double time but am fully supporting a group of my colleagues that are. In the next few days they are going to raise a collective grievance on the grounds that this is grossly unfair! USDAW or no USDAW this will be pursued to the limits of their capabilities. I strongly advise others to do the same! Stop whinging and take some action against this! Don't just accept it as a "done deal"
thanks for your support and agreeing with me . Who are your colleagues raising their grievance with , usdaw , Tesco or both ?  As I would like to do this in my store .

spooner

Quote from: renown on 06-02-16, 04:48PM
Their is talk of a collective grievance being raised on a Facebook page for usdaw members. When I last looked it was gathering some momentum nationwide.
what is the page / group called ?

wazziznaime

Or is there a link ,on the issue of our old contracts if I broke the  terms of it iam sure the company would be throwing its toys out of the pram !

renown

USDAW for all Tesco staff. Be aware it is a closed group. You will need to identify yourself honestly before being allowed access. You cannot remain anonymous.
Be careful is all I am prepared to say.

daftjoe

Quote from: spooner on 06-02-16, 04:56PM
thanks for your support and agreeing with me . Who are your colleagues raising their grievance with , usdaw , Tesco or both ?  As I would like to do this in my store .

Starting with Tesco but could easily escalate to both if USDAW don't support us (which is unlikely). The facebook group is "USDAW for all Tesco Staff" A single national grievance would be the best way but a nightmare to coordinate!

wazziznaime

Duracell

I'm glad to see that objection to the change is gathering momentum and will be official.
I am a Distribution worker, but as I have made clear, all information available suggests that legally they can't do it.
It's so heavily bias, you are being denied your legal right to reject a change to your individual contracts.

The only things supporting that they can do it is because they say they can which simply doesn't hold any credibility.

Sometimes I wish I was a store worker.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

spooner

Quote from: Duracell on 06-02-16, 06:19PM
I'm glad to see that objection to the change is gathering momentum and will be official.
I am a Distribution worker, but as I have made clear, all information available suggests that legally they can't do it.
It's so heavily bias, you are being denied your legal right to reject a change to your individual contracts.

The only things supporting that they can do it is because they say they can which simply doesn't hold any credibility.

Sometimes I wish I was a store worker.
so should the collective grievance be given to Tesco first and then Usdaw ? And if so who should it be given to at Tesco ?   

claden

Quote from: nightsboy on 06-02-16, 03:27PM
But the fact is I wasn't on current rate between Jan and may 2015. And the lump sum we received was for May 15- May 17????
Your salary from last year will be based on your take home pay between jan 15 -dec 15 that is what they will base whether or not you get a payout.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk