News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 02:26PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 416
Total: 417

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiefstudbaker

Its all in the booklet!!! Ignore if you are told different!!! It states clearly ALL staff will recieve 18 months worth of premiums and it will be worked out of your 2015 earnings!!! Basically the more premium pay you earnt the higher your one off payment will be!!! I worked every sunday and several ot shifts in the week on a regular basis so im expecting a nice little sum!!! It would br good if we had a method to workout what we shold recieve then if we get stiffed come july we wont just settle for what they give if its wrong obviously!!!

dairyfresh

i dont see in the booklet that it says it takes ot into consideration

i would think there basing it off your standard wage without ot included cause if you've done ot in between jan to dec 15 than obviously your going to be worse off cause they'll just be comparing it to a standard year under the new structure.

Your annual earnings for January to December 2015 under current pay structure
----------
Your annual earnings under new pay structure (based on higher basic hourly rates and new premiums)
=
If new earnings are lower, we'll pay you a one-off transition payment* on 29 July 2016, worth 18 months of the difference.

nightsboy

I don't see how they can base it on current wage structure between Jan 15 - Dec 15 when team leaders were on team leaders hourly rate then. They can't change the facts.

claden

Quote from: nightsboy on 05-02-16, 11:16AM
Hi there, was just wondering, as far as the lump sum payment goes. I was a team leader until May last year as all displaced team leaders were.  In the annual earnings Jan 15 - dec 15 should it include our team leader earnings from Jan- May??? the booklet says your annual earning sunder he current pay structure jan15 - dec 15, however it is a fact that I was on a team leader hourly rate during that period so is it included in the calculations??also will it include the lump sum payment we received, I mean a percentage of it( as that was 2 years worth), as part of our annual earnings when they are working out the 5% turnaround bonus?
Hopefully it will then you definitely will have earned more jan 15 - dec 15 than you will on a ga wage.

claden

Quote from: Hansolo on 05-02-16, 04:57PM
Its all in the booklet!!! Ignore if you are told different!!! It states clearly ALL staff will recieve 18 months worth of premiums and it will be worked out of your 2015 earnings!!! Basically the more premium pay you earnt the higher your one off payment will be!!! I worked every sunday and several ot shifts in the week on a regular basis so im expecting a nice little sum!!! It would br good if we had a method to workout what we shold recieve then if we get stiffed come july we wont just settle for what they give if its wrong obviously!!!
You can work it out, add everything you took home from Jan-Dec 15 then work out what your wage will be next year after tax and NI contributions with the 3.1%

formerscoboy

Quote from: nightsboy on 04-02-16, 01:16PM
I feel for the old timers losing their double time as they must have become accustomed to that wage over  the years. However, as a 2002 starter I am equally upset that the overtime rate is all going to single time from the current time and a half I receive now. As a team leader s***** by Tosco last year, I tried to work one or two a month to somewhat lighten the financial monthly blow, and even that has now been taken away!!!! They have certainly targeted the team leaders in the past year!!! still I suppose we must appreciate the fact we have a job still............................

I'm really sorry but I feel zero sympathy for you. You've received a huge payout for being demoted from a glorified shelf filler [team leader nights]. You've then now got another pay off for the overtime you worked to supplement your income (of which you already received a huge one off payment for). Some people are just greedy, you've done extremely well from this. At the end of the day there's plenty of people who can put boxes on shelves

nightsboy

You my friend have no idea about anyone who posts on here, their individual circumstances, amount of work they do/did, and certainly have no place commenting on a passing comment that I have made when u have nothing positive to give. I have asked for no sympathy, simply making a statement based on how I feel. Bitterness breeds unhappiness breeds loneliness

formerscoboy

All members have a right to post that's why it's called a forum. Just because you don't like my comment does not give you the right to censor me. Plus there's nothing else to do on nights but fill shelves?

OpShunned

I'm sorry Scoboy but I find you nothing more than as insidious little oaf who's presence here appears to be nothing more than to be frightfully annoying.

There's no requirement to be uplifting but there should be a modicum of empathy afforded to those colleagues who may feel aggrieved by recent events.

Whether or not they have been (it was far from 'huge' I might add) adequately recompensed for demotions/premium cuts will be lost on those colleagues who have yet to encounter Dave Lewis' Brave New World.

I find it extremely patronizing that you imply that any old Joe can put boxes on shelves. In fact I find it disgusting that you are allowed to continue with your poisonous comments at this particular juncture.

Colleagues affected by the recent, present and on-going changes to their livelihood deserve support and not the vitriol you appear to be than willing to impart.

Be gone you vagabond  >:D

nightsboy

Well said Opshunned. I'm all for people having an opinion but a little empathy is required sometimes, wellthat's how my parents brought me up.........

In my opinion

Scoboy I've just read your post as regards the night shift. Are you joking! Are you a tesco 'plant'or what? I thought this forum was to help people? I worked my 'butt'for this company,and I am proud of some of the people I worked with.

Yorkshire dave

Am I the only one that finds it disgusting that t/ls got a lump some to cover 2 years yet basic night staff only getting 18mths plus  their lump sum is being calculated AFTER a payrise. Double timers were here long before t/ls

tescopleb

From the bottom to the top we all have the right to be treated fairly and just because we are the bottom shouldnt mean the company should be allowed trample all over our livelihoods with impunity. With Useless hiding behind the partnership agreement they are doing all they can to drive down the wages of their lowest paid workers. We are not the problem here and don't let anyone tell us otherwise, for starters its apparent that Drastic has no respect for the "little people", which is how he plainly sees us. We may do an unskilled job but that does not mean we should be treated like dirt. Lets stop fighting amongst ourselves and make useless do what a union should be doing - representing the interests of ALL its members. Remember we ARE worth it.

Yorkshire dave

Our store manager was more annoyed that news had leaked out than way we found out. Hows that for honest and transparent drastic?

Yorkshire dave

Quote from: dairyfresh on 05-02-16, 07:22PM
i dont see in the booklet that it says it takes ot into consideration

i would think there basing it off your standard wage without ot included cause if you've done ot in between jan to dec 15 than obviously your going to be worse off cause they'll just be comparing it to a standard year under the new structure.

Your annual earnings for January to December 2015 under current pay structure
----------
Your annual earnings under new pay structure (based on higher basic hourly rates and new premiums)
=
If new earnings are lower, we'll pay you a one-off transition payment* on 29 July 2016, worth 18 months of the difference.

Their taking it off total earnings because some stuff only get double time on bank hols and so it'd be really unfair to just take that off staff who work every bank hol

cosmosmallpiece

Yorkshire Dave it makes me think we are going to get another nasty shock in 18 months time or there abouts.

toscozombie

Quote from: Yorkshire dave on 05-02-16, 10:27PM
Am I the only one that finds it disgusting that t/ls got a lump some to cover 2 years yet basic night staff only getting 18mths plus  their lump sum is being calculated AFTER a payrise. Double timers were here long before t/ls

I sent an email...to union about my disgust at how we have been let down by them and one of the points was exactly what you have said Yorkshire Dave .
Why are we any different just because im a ga, should have been at least the same as the t/l last year  2years and the choice of redundancy too .
Vintage worker

picktocube

Unfortunately ,totally different situations as the T/l s position was got rid of ,hence the redundancies.They will only offer redundancy to the night staff in  the stores where their 24 hour operation is stopping.

nightsboy

Quote from: nightsboy on 05-02-16, 11:16AM
Hi there, was just wondering, as far as the lump sum payment goes. I was a team leader until May last year as all displaced team leaders were.  In the annual earnings Jan 15 - dec 15 should it include our team leader earnings from Jan- May??? the booklet says your annual earning sunder he current pay structure jan15 - dec 15, however it is a fact that I was on a team leader hourly rate during that period so is it included in the calculations??also will it include the lump sum payment we received, I mean a percentage of it( as that was 2 years worth), as part of our annual earnings when they are working out the 5% turnaround bonus?
Going back to this, and all bad feeling removed, am I correct or not?

spooner

Quote from: Yorkshire dave on 05-02-16, 10:27PM
I did ask my PM and union rep in my briefing and neither could give me an explanation. It's discrimination as far as I'm concerned and I totally agree about the team leaders not having been around for that long and in my store most of them were relatively young, unlike us with long service who are on the whole,the older members of staff . Less money now to put in our pension so poorer when we retire . That's loyalty for you .

Whitewido1234

Quote from: formerscoboy on 05-02-16, 08:26PM
Quote from: nightsboy on 04-02-16, 01:16PM
I feel for the old timers losing their double time as they must have become accustomed to that wage over  the years. However, as a 2002 starter I am equally upset that the overtime rate is all going to single time from the current time and a half I receive now. As a team leader s***** by Tosco last year, I tried to work one or two a month to somewhat lighten the financial monthly blow, and even that has now been taken away!!!! They have certainly targeted the team leaders in the past year!!! still I suppose we must appreciate the fact we have a job still............................

I'm really sorry but I feel zero sympathy for you. You've received a huge payout for being demoted from a glorified shelf filler [team leader nights]. You've then now got another pay off for the overtime you worked to supplement your income (of which you already received a huge one off payment for). Some people are just greedy, you've done extremely well from this. At the end of the day there's plenty of people who can put boxes on shelves
(-*-)you need to fill on nights them you'd no wot work is

formerscoboy

I've worked on nights as a ga, and as a tl and 3 months as lead night. I've also managed stock c, produce, compliance, dairy and grocery. I've been deputy and now I'm store. I've worked up from 20 hr frozen boy I know how to fill.

Nomad

[admin]Posts made with the sole intention of 'flaming' other members may be deleted. [/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

wellhereiam

I fail to see why comparisons are being made against this and the T/L situation.
T/L's lost their jobs, this is about loss of premiums. 2 completely different things.

Duracell

Just a thought.

When were TLs dispersed?
Are the people that were re contracted from being TLs now affected by the recent change?

I ask with unsureness of the timeframe between the 2 events.

I was once part of a collective greivance where a group of workers were negotiated with to make a change.. The change was made.
The grievance came about because the same group were targeted for a 2nd time to yet again change, whilst other groups were left unaffected.

The Grievance was based on the second request being unreasonable on the basis that they had only quite recently changed and other groups who could also "make a difference" were left unaffected.

The greivance was succesful albeit at local level.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk