News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:13PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 285
Total: 291

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claden

Don't forget it's not just Sunday workers affected by this all night staff stand to lose 79p a night before the payrise. All twilight staff who work after 10 will lose £1.50 an hour. Still can't get my head around them being able to cut our wages.

baldeagle

From today's Daily Mirror. Re Sunday longer opening hours "a betrayal of shop workers and those who regard Sunday as a special day " John Hannett . hypocrite.

cosmosmallpiece

What about the Saturday night staff who work through to sunday it hits them aswell.

Nomad

Quote from: baldeagle on 04-02-16, 09:59AM
From today's Daily Mirror. Re Sunday longer opening hours "a betrayal of shop workers and those who regard Sunday as a special day " John Hannett . hypocrite.
Now that has to be a misquote or a wind up can't be true surely, but on second thoughts  8-) 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Silver Owl

I'm sure retail employees have the right to not work on Sundays. If your not getting any premiums going forward don't work them.  :D

Duracell

But financially you would be at a greater loss, as where you opt out the company don't have to give you those hours elsewhere.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

claden

Which is where they have you by the short and curlies.

nightsboy

I feel for the old timers losing their double time as they must have become accustomed to that wage over  the years. However, as a 2002 starter I am equally upset that the overtime rate is all going to single time from the current time and a half I receive now. As a team leader s***** by Tosco last year, I tried to work one or two a month to somewhat lighten the financial monthly blow, and even that has now been taken away!!!! They have certainly targeted the team leaders in the past year!!! still I suppose we must appreciate the fact we have a job still............................

Hammer10

They may have taken the bread from our tables but there are cheaper places to go shopping .

sunshineman

How can the managers say with a straight face we are better off

Mickymouse1962

I told my pm after July till the day I retire I will do no overtime even if that means no one in on my department

chubbysweethead

and this is why i have come out of the union. at our pay meeting, our night manager just kept banging on about our pay rise, which of course means nothing as we are losing money. i hope everyone does ok and you can all come out of this ok. good luck all :)

sunshineman

Quote from: chubbysweethead on 04-02-16, 07:55PM
and this is why i have come out of the union. at our pay meeting, our night manager just kept banging on about our pay rise, which of course means nothing as we are losing money. i hope everyone does ok and you can all come out of this ok. good luck all :)

The union come around the store every couple of weeks trying to get people to sign up, but loads of people tell them they would never join again, she does not like it. More and more people are leaving the union each week. It is a waste of money, they are in Tesco pockets. When was the last time they did anything for their members. An important issue regarding wages and we never had a say about it

sunshineman

The newspapers were all over the story of how bad Tesco have treated the staff but now they are not saying anything. Should have been the story of the week. Maybe they are worried about losing advertising revenue. A famous hypnotherapist has offered her help for free for people who are suffering anxiety and stress due to the news from tesco. came across this http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2826562

The newspapers should be running the story more and more and get some justice for the workers. We are being told that the story that everyone affected by losing out will get a bonus but this is not true according to our line manager. Was told it is just those people contracted on a sunday. So, people working nights are not getting anything, that is not nice.

claden

Quote from: sunshineman on 05-02-16, 07:47AM
The newspapers were all over the story of how bad Tesco have treated the staff but now they are not saying anything. Should have been the story of the week. Maybe they are worried about losing advertising revenue. A famous hypnotherapist has offered her help for free for people who are suffering anxiety and stress due to the news from tesco. came across this http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2826562

The newspapers should be running the story more and more and get some justice for the workers. We are being told that the story that everyone affected by losing out will get a bonus but this is not true according to our line manager. Was told it is just those people contracted on a sunday. So, people working nights are not getting anything, that is not nice.
As far as I understand the payout will be for 'anyone' who ends up worse off after the 'pay increase'. Not just contracted Sunday workers.

Fod43

Do the night managers who work Saturday night lose their premiums?,especially those double time managers?

Rad

oliver

nightsboy

Hi there, was just wondering, as far as the lump sum payment goes. I was a team leader until May last year as all displaced team leaders were.  In the annual earnings Jan 15 - dec 15 should it include our team leader earnings from Jan- May??? the booklet says your annual earning sunder he current pay structure jan15 - dec 15, however it is a fact that I was on a team leader hourly rate during that period so is it included in the calculations??also will it include the lump sum payment we received, I mean a percentage of it( as that was 2 years worth), as part of our annual earnings when they are working out the 5% turnaround bonus?

sunshineman

Quote from: claden on 05-02-16, 09:33AM

As far as I understand the payout will be for 'anyone' who ends up worse off after the 'pay increase'. Not just contracted Sunday workers.

I do not think the managers know what is happening. We have been told that even though we work nights, and will be losing around £500 a year we will not get a payout. I work nights, so i will be losing two hours of night premium.

Yorkshire dave

Havent you had your booklets? It clearly states how working out bonus

troll-hunter

Sunshineman as I understand things if you work full night shifts, and ignoring any relevant reduction in Sunday premium, your loss is less than 2 x NP1 per night.
This is due to an additional and 'new' payment of £2.21 per night if you, as part of the same shift, work a full hour outside the hours of midnight to 6am e.g. 11pm to midnight or 6am to 7am. So per full night and ignoring the increase in basic rate you are down 79p per night.

If I am mistaken then will someone please correct me.

Yorkshire dave

Thats how I've worked it out to

nightsboy

Quote from: claden on 05-02-16, 09:33AM

I read it that it will work out your earning sbetween jan15- dec 15 including premiums and overtime and if there is a difference then it will be paid??

Cuddlypup

Nightsboy several of us have asked this at our meetings, they didn't know but will try to get an answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk